Game Introduction – Luftrausers
Luftrausers is a 2D aerial combat game from Vlambeer. Gamezebo’s quick start guide will provide you with some tips and hints to brave the skies and last as long as possible in this punishing arcade experience.
Quick Start Guide
- Luftrausers is a very simple arcade shooter. The controls boil down to navigation and shooting.
- Navigating is slightly different in Luftrausers than other 2D shooters because the controls adjust to your plane’s position. “Up” will thrust your plane forward in whatever direction it’s facing. “Left” and “Right” will also turn the plane relative to its position, while “Down” slows its momentum.
- To damage enemy ships, you can either fire at them with your primary weapon or fly through them. By flying through them, however, you will take damage as well (unless fitted with the proper armor).
- Your ship repairs damage when not firing.
Tips and Strategies
- Change Things Up — The only way to earn new plane components is by using your existing ones. Check your objectives to know which equipment still needs to be mastered.
- Mix and Match — When a piece of equipment has been mastered don’t give up on it completely. An item that seems useless at first might come into its own later on. For instance, armor that increases collision damage works well against battleships when paired with an engine that lets you survive underwater.
- Lead your Shots — Most projectiles in Luftrausers have a significant travel time. If you want to hit something you’ll have to fire ahead of it with a hefty lead. Weapons like the laser and homing missiles seem like exceptions at first, but really aren’t. Missiles only lock on if fired near enough to a target, and the laser slows your turning speed so significantly that you’ll want to be pointed ahead of them first anyway.
- Melee — An easy to overlook tactic is kamikaze attacks. Your plane does a great deal of damage just by moving through a target. Oftentimes it’s even easier to fly through something than track its trajectory for a ranged attack. This is especially useful against seaborne ships with their high health and low speeds.
- Stop Shooting — This should seem obvious, but remember to turn off your guns. While firing, you retain any damage taken during flight. The only way to heal is by letting off on the trigger. That said, time it properly. If you let too many enemies build up you can hurt yourself in the long run.
- Loop de Loop — Most Since gravity is constantly working against you in Luftrausers it’s very difficult to duck in between shots. Meanwhile, enemies fire in a straight line from their point of origin. Between the two, your best option is to loop between shots using gravity to drop you downwards and then thrusting back up.
- Take out the Airship – If you survive long enough, you’ll quickly see your first airship. These things are airborne monsters that exist only to ruin your day. Taking them down fast and hard will not only give you a few blessed moments of relief, but unlock the game’s higher difficulty setting. In this mode, the airship spawns at the start. Good luck with that.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Luftrausers. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!