Game Introduction – The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 – Smoke and Mirrors
The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 – Smoke and Mirrors is a point-and-click adventure game created by Telltale Games. In this game, you take on the role of Bigby Wolf, a tough law enforcer who tries to keep the peace among New York’s fantastic population of “Fables.” Episode 2 carries on with the cliffhanger that capped off the end of Episode 1. Gamezebo’s walkthrough will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Interacting with Characters
- Much of The Wolf Among Us is relayed through story scenes, but occasionally your direct input is needed. Items and people of note are marked with a circle. When you hover over a circle, you’re given options on how to interact with that person/item.
- Dialogue trees are an important mechanic in The Wolf Among Us. When you’re presented with choices on how to respond to characters or situations, the game makes note of your selection. Your behavior can help you (or haunt you) later in the story. If you don’t know what to say, silence is almost always an option.
- The Wolf Among Us has several “quick time events,” which require you to quickly input on-screen commands. Failing to complete a quick time event adequately can potentially result in a Game Over.
- Certain items can be picked up as you play through the game. These items are catalogued on the left side of the screen.
- You’re often given the option to give away items to certain characters in certain situations.
- You can access the gameplay menu for The Wolf Among Us at any time.
- The gameplay menu contains options for the game’s settings, as well as your Achievements and the Book of Fables (character listings and bios). You can also use the gameplay menu to return to the main menu.
- The main menu for The Wolf Among Us lets you access your save files, and replay specific chapters if you’ve completed the first episode. You can also select “Extras” to see how your in-game choices matched up with other players’ choices.
Chapter One: Grief
Overview: The game opens with Sherriff Bigby Wolf attempting to talk to human (“Mundie”) police woman about the death of his friend, Snow White. It goes badly.
- Talk to the police woman, and then Ichabod when he shows up. There aren’t any right or wrong answers.
Chapter Two: Wrath
Overview: Bluebeard is interrogating Tweedledee in the basement of the Woodland Apartments. Despite Bluebeard’s best efforts, Dee won’t say who he’s working for. Maybe Wolf can make him sing.
- Show Dee Snow White’s picture to get him talking.
- Once Dee clams up, handle his money to get him talking again.
- Ask Dee if Faith stole from him.
- Bluebeard tries to interfere with the interrogation, and Wolf gets agitated with him. A quick time event follows. Follow the on-screen cues to avoid getting smashed up.
Chapter Three: Blood
Overview: Mr. Toad’s young son, TJ, stumbled on a headless body when he was swimming in the river. Bigby needs to ask the little guy for details, and he also needs to examine the body for clues to its identity.
Fabletown Business Office
- You can either examine the body first, or talk to Mr. Toad and his son, TJ.
- When you talk to TJ, be gentle. He’ll tell you about the headless body he found in the river.
- You can talk to the Magic Mirror in between interacting with TJ and examining the body, but it won’t tell you anything useful.
Witching Well Chamber
- Look at the witching well to unlock a new Book of Fables entry.
- Approach the body.
- Examine the brooch.
- Examine the lingerie.
- Examine the neck mark three times.
- Use the right arrow key to progress further down the body.
- Examine her fist. Pry it open to retrieve some lilac petals.
- Look at the rope marks on her ankles.
- Examine the track marks on her leg.
- Look at the coat buttons.
- Open the coat.
- Look at the perfume in the pocket.
- Get the magical item from her other pocket.
- To open the item, use the arrow keys to match up the rings until a picture of a deer is formed.
- Examine the lock of hair.
- Examine the rolled-up picture.
- Go to the Trip Trap Bar and talk to Holly about the fate of Lily.
Chapter Four: Skin
Overview: With the body identified, Wolf needs to talk to Georgie, the proprietor of the scummy Pudding & Pie club. Among other things, Wolf notices something very odd about how the working girls talk to him.
- Enter the club.
- Talk to Georgie.
- You can use your words, or you can smash up the club to get Georgie talking about Lily. If you opt for violence, Georgie obviously won’t be happy about it. Either way, Bigby eventually retrieves a notebook of interest from a floor safe.
- Open the door that’s ajar.
- Examine the rightmost cubby.
- Take a look at the box stored within the cubby.
- Examine the jewelry box.
- Look at the cosmetics on the floor.
- Look at the note on the floor.
- Go around the corner.
- Talk to Nerissa. Give her Dee’s money roll, if you have it.
Chapter Five: Secrets
Overview: Wolf heads to his next lead, the Open Arms hotel. The woman working the desk is not happy to see him, though she tries to help however she can.
- Ring the bell on the front desk.
- Talk to Beauty. You can ask her what she knows about current events, or just go straight upstairs.
Chapter Six: Revelations
Overview: Wolf may be closing in on getting some serious answers about the Fabletown murders, but those answers are pretty chilling.
- Examine the door to room 207, which is at the end of the hall. Try to open it.
- Beast interrupts your investigation, and he’s mad. A quick time event kicks off. Follow the on-screen cues to tussle with Beast and get the door open the hard way.
- Take a look at the cassette player on the nightstand.
- Examine the bed. Compare the lilacs in your evidence cache to the lilacs on the bed.
- Examine the apple on the ground.
- Look at the Snow White storybook on the table.
- Take the cassette on the desk.
- Play the cassette in the cassette player.
- Open the closet.
- Pick up the envelope on the floor.
- Thus ends Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us. You can compare the moral choices you made with other players’ choices, and watch a preview for Episode 3.
You have completed Gamezebo’s walkthrough for The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 – Smoke and Mirrors. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!