Game Introduction – Happy Tree Friends: Deadeye Derby
Happy Tree Friends: Deadeye Derby is a racing/battle game created by Ender’s Fund. You play as one of the titular Happy Tree Friends and drive through different environments while attempting to knock down your opponent with your slingshot. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to poke out your rivals’ pretty eyes.
Quick Start Guide
- Happy Tree Friends: Deadeye Derby is a free-to-play game, and you can download it by using the “Available On” option at the top of this page.
How to Play
- Objective – Deadeye Derby pits you one-on-one versus other racers/combatants. The kart rolls automatically, so your primary concern is to aim and fire at your rival with your slingshot. If their hit-point bar is depleted, you win. Conversely, if they deplete your own hit-point bar, you lose. As you race, you earn coins that can go back into upgrading your cart and your slingshot.
- Options – The options menu for Deadeye Derby is accessible through the game’s main menu. Press the gear-shaped icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen. From here, you can adjust music and sound effects, link to Facebook, invert your device’s x-axis, and even change your “smack talk,” which displays when you beat an opponent.
- The Map Screen – The map screen lets you choose which environment to race in. You need to beat the boss of a previous area before you’re allowed to open up new areas.
- Facebook Sign-In – Deadeye Derby lets you sign in through Facebook so you can race against your pals. You can sign in any time through the options menu.
- Lives – Deadeye Derby gives you five lives by default. You lose a life every time you race. You can wait for your lives to recharge, or you can buy more using the game’s purchasable hard currency (diamonds). If you’re signed into Facebook, you can ask your friends for more lives.
Choose Your Racer
- Two to Start – You can choose your racer on the game’s opening screen. Cuddles and Giggles are available from the beginning. You can change your racer at any time on the main menu; just tap the character face icon at the top of the screen.
- Unlocking Other Racers – Other members of the Happy Tree Friends cast are available to unlock. You need to defeat certain level bosses before you can use them.
- Special Skills – Each racer brings a special skill with them. For instance, Cuddles gains extra health when she uses healing kits, and Giggles earns more cash with each race and opened treasure chest.
Race For Your Life
- Cart Upgrades – When you select “Play” from the main menu, you’re given the option to upgrade your cart and fortify it against enemy attack. You can upgrade your armor, stability, and evasion.
- Slingshot Upgrades – There are several slingshot upgrades that let you pull back more quickly, shoot more powerful projectiles, reload faster, and zoom in closer to your opponent.
- Random Opponents – You’re matched up with a random opponent at the start of each race, except if you’re scheduled to do a boss battle.
- Treasure Chests – While racing, tap on treasure chests to earn extra coins.
Fire When Ready
- Aiming – Aiming in Deadeye Derby is done through your mobile device’s gyroscope. Move your device around until your opponent is in your reticle, then fire when it turns red.
- Shooting – Shooting is done by pulling back on the elasticity meter on the right-hand side of the screen. The more you pull back, the more powerful your shot. Better slingshots pull back more quickly.
- Boss Fights – When you achieve a certain number of winning streaks, you’re allowed to attempt the level boss. The level boss is controlled by the game’s AI, and is not a live opponent. Nevertheless, they’re typically a tough match, and cart/slingshot upgrades are usually necessary to defeat them.
- Achievements – When you meet certain goals listed on the main menu (i.e. “Shoot your opponent in the head ten times”), you’re rewarded with coins. Meet as many achievements as possible.
- Ammo – Deadeye Derby‘s in-game store has different kinds of ammo for sale. This ammo is sold in batches of three, and they pack a wallop. To arm a special projectile during a race, tap on it before pulling back your slingshot.
- Health Kits – Health kits restore your hit points. They’re available in different sizes.
- Coins – Coins are used to upgrade your cart and your slingshot. They’re winnable through races, but you can also purchase them with diamonds.
- Diamonds – Diamonds are the game’s hard currency, and can be bought with real-world money.
- Ad Removal – Any in-app purchase will get rid of the ads that pop up from time to time.
- Go to the Bank – When you begin playing Deadeye Derby, you’re allotted five free diamonds. It’s a good idea to exchange these for coins at the bank and use them on cart/slingshot upgrades, since earning coins through races is generally a slow process.
- Shoot Down Sniffles’ Lasers – In the boss battle against Sniffles, shoot down his laser canons before all else. You won’t stand a chance otherwise.
- Go for the Eyes – Hitting your opponent anywhere will register damage once your reticle turns red. Try and go for the eyes, however. Doing so by far causes the most damage. The name of the game is Deadeye Derby, after all.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Happy Tree Friends: Deadeye Derby. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!