Game Introduction – Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes
Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes is a free-to-play hidden object game from Team Lava in which you solve crimes, puzzles, and put criminals behind bars using your deductive skills. Gamezebo’s quick-start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes is free to play, and can be played by using the “Available On” option at the top of this page.
- When you first start up the game, you’ll be asked if you want to allow push notifications. You can turn these on later via Settings if you’re unsure for now.
- Choose from a male or a female agent to get started, and you’ll be sent to the tutorial which will lay out the flow of each level.
How to Play
- Each area will present you with a list of items you must find. They range from larger, more obvious items to smaller, hard-to-find relics that you won’t spot immediately. Tap on the items you find to collect them. Collecting all items in a scene nets you a specific amount of points when it’s complete. The quicker you find items, the better your score will be at the end.
- Some items are known as clues. When you tap on them, they’ll be showcased as clues that may help you solve the case you’re currently working on.
- You’ll be assigned stars when you complete cases. These will enable you to unlock additional cases. This means you must perform well when it comes to singular scenes.
- Finish up a scene and you will be treated to a short dialogue exchange. If you were able to use stars to unlock a clue, the resulting scene will display what happens since you were able to use that clue. It will advance the plot and if applicable, the case will be solved and you can progress to the next.
- In some situations, you’ll be asked to complete a puzzle in order to continue on. Sliding puzzles and other quandaries will arise. Solve them so you can progress, though most of your cases will involve seeking out specific items at a crime scene.
- Gems may be used to purchase power-ups before you tackle a new case. You can assign up to three power-ups to aid you on the mission as well. You’ll earn gems slowly throughout normal play, but if you want to continue playing before you build up your supply, you can purchase them with real-world cash.
- Energy is required to play through missions. If you fail to complete a mission, you’ll have to wait for your stores to build back up before trying again. As you progress through the game, cases will require more energy. You can purchase more, like gems, with real-world cash, though you can just wait for your gauge to fill back up if you’d prefer not to spend money.
Tips and Tricks
- Though you have several “life lines” available at your disposal, don’t waste them on items you can’t find. If you need extra time, you can always take a screenshot with your device and close the app to open your image and find the items there. That way you can maximize the amount of stars you get while minimizing the risk of having to replay specific stages until you get better at them.
- Save up energy and other currency by having a friend help you look – two heads are better than one!
- Hint refills are pricey. Save them up until you’re forced to find a ton of objects under a lesser time limit.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!