Game Introduction – Conquest Age
Conquest Age is a 2D action role-playing game created by Marvelous Games. During your adventure, you’ll fight numerous one-on-one battles, customize your character’s equipment and abilities, and gather loot from former battlefields. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Conquest Age is free to play, and can be downloaded by using the “Available On” option at the top of this page.
- The first time you open the game, you’ll be asked if you would like to receive push notifications. You cannot change this option later if you decline.
- After choosing, the game will check for updates and bring you to a brief cutscene that gives background on the story. After that, you’ll be greeted with the hands-on tutorial.
Fighting the War
- Conquest Age‘s battle system plays out in real time and uses a stamina bar to determine which moves you can make. The bottom of the screen comes with three options: Evade, Block, and Attack. Attacking the enemy will consume four notches of the stamina bar. Attacking is obviously key to victory, and if you run low on stamina don’t worry because it is constantly regenerating.
- When the enemy is about to strike, it will have an exclamation point pop up above its head. At this point, you can either block or evade. To block, just hold the block button. This consumes no stamina, but you’ll take a portion of the damage. To evade, tap the proper button as the exclamation point appears and you’ll dodge the attack. This costs three stamina notches, but also gives a chance at a free counterattack.
- The health bars at the top of the screen will show how much life you and your enemies have remaining. Each bit of damage will deplete the life bar, so it’s a good idea to watch how much damage an average strike is doing so you can guess how many more attacks are needed to win.
- Once you’ve dealt or taken enough damage, your fury meter will fill. Once it is flashing, you can tap on it and get a list of special attacks. These attacks have a variety of abilities, as well as doing more damage.
- After the fight, you’ll be met with a ranking, your rewards, and a set amount of health regeneration based on how well you performed.
The Menus of War
- Conquest Age features a lot to do outside of battle. The War Conquest menu will show you all the single player battles that are available. As you complete each battle, you can move on to the next. Also, when you conquer an area, you can go back and explore it, using the green energy meter. This lets you gain coins, equipment, and valuable items.
- The Ancients menu lets you upgrade equipment proficiency. At first, the game will recommend you start by upgrading the types of equipment you have, but you’ll quickly begin unlocking buffs and abilities with other weapons. Each upgrade costs skill points, which are earned through gaining experience and levels.
- The Arena is the player-versus-player mode where you’ll build a team of mercenaries and face off against other players’ teams. There’s no direct interaction and battles are determined by how characters’ stats stack up. You must reach level 10 before the Arena unlocks.
- The Dragon Wheel gives you a free daily chance to win rare prizes. You can play more by using Dragon Gems, an in-game currency.
- The Army Barracks is your friends list. As you invite more friends, your army will get stronger. During a War Conquest, you can call in support to help boost progress.
- The Forge lets you create weapons using Dragon Gems. You can either sell these weapons or use them.
- The Armory allows you to equip armor, weapons, and items. You’ll start off with only one armor and weapon slot, but as you level up, you can equip more pieces of armor and unlock dual weapon mastery.
- The War Machine gives you a boost in the Arena. You can find new War Machine parts when exploring conquered areas and you can equip them in the War Machine menu.
- The marketplace gives you a twice-daily instantaneous energy and exploration refill during only certain hours of the day. You must be level 15 before this unlocks.
Tips and Tricks
- When upgrading proficiencies in the Ancients menu, certain abilities can only be unlocked when others reach specific levels. These abilities are generally quite strong and are worth putting in the time for unlocking.
- When you first start the game, you’ll get to choose between three characters. While there are differences in weapons and abilities, the core gameplay doesn’t really change. You can often use the same approach with all three characters, even more so once you start leveling up and unlocking new proficiencies.
- Your active quests will display on a pop-out menu on the left side of the main screen. When the notification appears, be sure to hop in and claim your rewards so you can move on to the next one.
- Don’t be afraid to take a long time during fights if a high rating is important to you. The game penalizes you for taking damage, but not for playing slowly. If you want a consistent S rank, take the time to build energy and always have enough to evade attacks. If the enemy uses “raging” combo, you can try to evade three straight attacks, though it’s smarter to block them. Similarly, Super Attacks must be blocked.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Conquest Age. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!