Game Introduction – Big Win Racing
Big Win Racing is a racing simulation game from Hothead Games, where you will need to race in championships against friends, upgrading your automobile arsenal along the way. With many courses and modes to conquer, it can be a daunting task to take on all of the challenges in the game. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you’ll need to get going.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Big Win Racing is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Upon starting the game for the first time, you will need to create a new racing team. You can choose to connect to Facebook to earn extra features as well as play with your friends.
Team and Race Setup
- When you begin creating a team, you will be asked to open a starter pack that will give you the elements that make up your team. When you open the pack, you can then review the contents, which include 1 driver card, 6 pit crew cards, 1 sponsor card, and 3 big impact cards.
- Once you’ve skimmed over your team cards, you can begin customizing your crew. To do this, tap on any of the crew icons in the “My Team” screen. From here, you can edit their names, numbers, hairstyle and color, and face type.
- Before you begin racing, you will be given the opportunity to set “Big Impact” cards. These cards act as boosts and can help you out quite a bit when it comes to winning races.
- Big Impact cards include the ability to make your car immune to damage, immune to part failures, and the ability to make your car control a bit better.
- Once you have chosen the Big Impact cards, you will need to choose a driver style. Conservative means your driver will tend to take it easy, not bump into other cars unless necessary. Balanced means your driver will bump into other cars on occasion, and does increase your chances of crashing. Aggressive means your driver will aggressively pursue bumping into other cars, dramatically increasing your chances of running into other drivers while racing.
- When you finish setting up the race, the game will then locate opponents for you and start the race. You can then choose to watch the race to see how it plays out for you.
- When spectating races, there isn’t anything you can do to manipulate the outcome of the race, but you can watch how your car does so you can change how it will play out next time.
- You can see which car is yours because it will have your driver’s name above it.
- When a Big Impact card is deemed effective in the race currently, it will glow.
- If you want to stop watching the race and have it end, you can always tap the “Skip” button in the top left corner at any time. You will then be taken to the results screen.
- On the results screen, you can see how many points you earned in the race, and you can rewatch the race if you’d like.
Managing your Crew and Cards
- You can acquire more cards for your crew from the “Get Cards” screen. Card packs have varying values and you will be able to get more valuable cards from the more expensive packs.
- From your “My Team” screen, you will be able to manage your car. You can tap on any of the various car parts to boost the parts in your car using cards you can get from booster packs.
- Skill cards can also be added to the members of your crew. You can tap on any member of your crew, and then on any of their skills. From here, you can add skill cards to their arsenal, making them more effective crewmembers in the process.
- If you decide you don’t need certain cards you have, you can choose to sell them from the “My Cards” screen. Tap on any of the cards you wish to sell, and then tap on the “Sell” button to get a few coins out of the deal.
- Buy as many cards as you can with the coins you have. Having more cards allows you to make your crew and car more effective. A more effective crew and car will lead you to win more races.
- Race as much as possible. You can’t earn any coins if you don’t race, even if you don’t end up winning.
- Always use Big Impact cards. Big Impact cards can give you a great advantage and should always be used as long as you have some on hand. They can sometimes be the difference of winning or losing the race.
- Watch the races. If you watch the races, you can see where your racing style needs changing, or where a part may need to be upgraded.
- Spend all of your energy before you stop playing. Energy is what’s required to play races, so make sure you expend all of it before you stop playing each time. When you come back later, your energy will be refilled and you can play again.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Big Win Racing. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!