Game Introduction – Dragon Mania
Dragon Mania is a dragon simulation game from Gameloft, in which you will be put in charge of a dragon habitat where you’ll need to raise and grow dragons in order for them to become more powerful than ever. The game can throw challenges at you to make sure you’re ready, and with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of things.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and use the “Available On” option at the top of this screen. Dragon Mania is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Once you’ve started the game, you’ll be given the ability to sign in to your Facebook account. This will allow you to play with your friends, as well as receive in-game bonuses.
- Once you’ve either signed in to Facebook or not, you will then be introduced to Lucy, who will help guide you through the early parts of the game. Lucy is the professor’s assistant and will help you learn new things about the game as you play.
Acquiring New Dragons
- One of the first things you want to do in the game is build a habitat for a Fire Dragon.
- To begin building a habitat, tap on the treasure chest in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Under the treasure chest you will see two menu options to choose from. Choose the coin icon in order to go into the store screen.
- In the store screen, tap on the habitats tab to be shown habitats you can build in your game.
- The first kind of habitat you can build is the “Fire” habitat. Tap on the “coins” button to purchase it and place it inside your game.
- Once you have purchased the habitat, you will be taken into placement mode so you can drag the habitat around and then place it in your game. Tap on the green checkmark to place it permanently.
- When placing a habitat, you will be given the option to speed construction up by spending gems. Be warned though: gems are only acquired by spending real money and should be used carefully.
- Once you have placed down a habitat, you will then need to place a dragon in it for it to be useful. Go back into the store to purchase a dragon.
- Once in the store, purchase a Fire Dragon by tapping on the point icon area. The Dragon will then have to grow up first in the nursery before it can be placed in a habitat.
- Once again, you can also spend gems to speed the process of growing up the Dragon in the nursery if you wish.
- You’ll know the Dragon is ready to be hatched out of its egg when the egg starts to bounce sporadically. When this happens, tap on the nursery and then tap on “hatch” to hatch the egg.
- You will then be given the option to either place your Dragon or sell your Dragon. As we are only very early into the game, we will want to place the Dragon so choose that option.
- With the Dragon in its habitat, it will need to be fed in order to grow. Go back into the store in order to buy a farm that can make food for your dragon.
- When the farm has been constructed, tap on it and then on the “plant” icon in order to choose which crops you would like the farm to grow.
- One of the best options for crops early on in the game is the leafy greens. Tap on the leafy greens in order to grow them in the farm. Leafy greens are good because they are cheap and therefore will yield you a lot of food early on for not much cost.
- Once you have food to feed your Dragon with, you can then tap on the habitat again and then on the Dragon to bring up its menu. From here, you can tap on the feed icon in order to feed the Dragon. When you feed the Dragon, the Dragon will gain experience points. Experience points will make the Dragon stronger over time so you’ll want to do this as frequently as you can.
- It’s important to point out though, that the Dragon will require more food as it levels up in order to gain experience points.
- As you play the game, you may come to a point where you’re not sure what to do next, so quests will help you decide what to do next.
- In order to access the quest, tap on the quest icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. Quests will then appear in the pop-up menu.
- Tapping on any of these quests will give you a specific goal for you to complete as you play the game. Completing these goals will earn you extra coins and experience points that you can use to further your experience in the game.
Battling Your Dragons
- As you add more Dragons to your landscape, you will eventually unlock the ability to raid specific areas, battling other Dragons in the process.
- Tap on the chest, and then on the “Raid” button to bring up the location selection menu. Each location will have unique challenges for you to complete as you play.
- Once you’ve chosen which location you’d like to travel to, it’s time to choose the Dragon you’d like to play with. You should choose a Dragon that is on or above the level of the location you’ve chosen.
- While choosing your Dragon, you will also be given the option to hire mercenary Dragons to help you in your mission. Mercenaries can be quite expensive though, so it’s best to use them only when you are struggling with a mission.
- Now that you’ve chosen your Dragons, you will now be taken into battle.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see your Dragon as well as a few buttons. The buttons represent your Dragon’s available attacks. You can tap on them to battle, and then you will need to stop the meter in either the green or yellow to do the most damage.
- To do the most damage, make sure you land the cursor in the green area. This will ensure your Dragon does critical damage to your opponent, and can change the course of battle when executed correctly.
- When you knock out the other Dragon(s), you will complete the location and are given a reward for doing so.
- In order to create combinations of Dragons that can make them extra powerful, you will need to breed Dragons using a Breeding Den.
- When you can spare the coins, purchase and place a Breeding Den.
- Now, you will be able to tap on the Den, and then on the “Breed” button to begin the breeding process.
- When you have an eligible Dragon for breeding, it will appear in the list of Dragons shown on this screen. Make sure the Dragons you wish to breed are adults before trying to breed them.
- Tap on the two Dragons you’d like to breed, and then on the “OK” button to begin the process.
- It will now take some time for the breeding process to finish, but you can speed it up if you wish with Gems.
- When it’s done, the egg will appear in the hatching area.
- Typically, Dragons have a 50/50 chance of being either Dragon type of its parents.
Tips and Tricks
- Always have food growing in your farm. If you have the coins to spare, always make sure to have crops getting ready to harvest in your game. Your Dragons only level up when they’re fed.
- Feed your Dragons often. There’s no reason to hoard food when you can use it to make your Dragons more powerful!
- Upgrade your habitats. Habitats can only hold one Dragon and a few coins at a time until you upgrade them. Make sure to do this as often as you can, so you don’t have to clutter up your landscape with additional expensive habitats.
- Complete quests. Quests are a great guide for what you should do as you play. They tell you what buildings you should build next, which Dragons to buy, and more. Also, they tend to give out decent rewards when you complete them.
- Battle as often as you can. If your Dragon is good enough for the location, you should always take on a battle. You can’t earn the battle rewards without battling, and there’s little penalty for losing.
- When battling, always aim for the green area for the most likelihood of critical hits.
You have completed Gamezebo’s Quick Start Guide for Dragon Mania. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!