Game Introduction – Flick Kick Football Legends
Flick Kick Football Legends is a soccer game created by PikPok. You’ll build a team by collecting cards, play through games using swiping motions, and deal with some shady characters. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Flick Kick Football Legends is free to play and can be downloaded by using the “Available On” option at the top of this page.
- When you first open up the game, you’ll be asked if you would like to receive push notifications. You will not be able to change this setting later.
- After choosing, you’ll be introduced to the game with a series of cutscenes, a brief tutorial match, and then it’s on to choosing your name and colors.
On the Pitch
- Flick Kick Football Legends is less of a soccer simulation and more of a turn-based game. All of the actions performed during a match will be executed by swiping and tapping the screen.
- When you’re on offense, the primary goal is to keep the opposing team from gaining possession. When passing to teammates, you’ll take a first-person view of the current character. Down the field, you’ll see teammates and defenders. To pass, you simply swipe a line through the ball in the direction you want to kick. If your teammate gets it, he’ll take possession; if it misses or the defender snatches it, you’ll be put on defense. Free kicks work the same way.
- After you’ve passed close enough to the goal, you’ll be prompted to take the shot. There are numerous factors that determine how easy scoring will be. You may have a difficult angle or there may be other defenders in the way. Like passing, you draw a line through the ball toward the goal to shoot. Occasionally, you’ll gain a penalty kick that works the same way.
- You can also bend shots by drawing a curved line. Some players have a better curve than others, so keep in mind that you may not be able to land your ideal shot with all players.
- It’s also possible to shoot off target in all directions. If you swipe too far to the side, you’ll miss the goal, and if you swipe too high, you’ll kick clear over the top.
- When the opponents get the ball, you’ll be on defense. There are three actions on this side of the ball. The first will find one player pass to another and you need to steal it from him. When he’s close, swipe the ball. If you miss or go too early, they keep possession.
- The second option is intercepting a pass. A player will pass to a teammate off screen and you need to swipe the ball when it’s moving past.
- If you fail enough, the opponent will get to take the shot. As the goalie, you’ll have to intercept the pass just like the last point, except stopping a shot is typically more difficult.
- The half and game end when time is expired and there’s a change of possession. If you’re on offense, you get a chance to score.
- Managing your team is almost as important as performing on the field. As you progress, you’ll earn cash and gold, both of which can be used to buy new players (cash can also be obtained via in-app purchase). You can make changes to your lineup on the pre-game screen.
- Any characters you unlock will be better off than the default team, as new characters will have special abilities and can earn experience points. As characters level up, the power of their abilities increases and they become much more valuable. Deciding which abilities will best benefit the team is one of the most important decision.
- Between matches, you’ll get the chance to look at a sheet that displays various league notifications. You can look at weekly results, league standings, and the cash prize for first place. There are a few leagues available right now, with more promised in the future. The prize goes up significantly for each one.
- Ranking and determining the league champion is done on a point system. You earn 0 points for a loss, one point for a draw, and three points for a win.
- From time to time, you’ll run into your ghost coach or various shady characters. Occasionally, these are just temporary offers on in-app purchases, but more often they’ll ask you something. Whether it’s a gangster asking if you want his help or a reporter asking for your statement on an issue, there are various outcomes that are always unique. Sometimes you’ll gain money and other times lose it.
- When the season is over, you can move on to a new league if you won. If not, you can easily go back and re-play any unlocked league.
Tips and Tricks
- When passing around defenders, aim slightly to the side of your target, as it will keep defenders out of range. Don’t aim too far over, or you’ll miss.
- You can take a shot in a passing situation if you’re close enough to the goal. It may be possible to score in this setting, but it’s very difficult.
- Be patient when you’re on defense. Don’t wait too long to snatch the ball, but you’ll frequently have more time than you think. Especially when stealing it from an opponent.
- You can replay a match if you didn’t get the desired outcome, but it costs cash. If you need to replay more than one match in a season, it’s generally not worth it.
- Some of the characters who talk to you seem less than dependable. That said, keep your ghost coach happy: he usually comes through for you.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Flick Kick Football Legends. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!