Game Introduction – Football Heroes
Football Heroes is an arcade football game from Run Games, in which you will play football in an arcade style against challenging AI opponents or friends of your choosing. In order to become the most powerful team around, you will need to know what moves to make as you play. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and strategies you’ll need to stay ahead of the game, and your friends.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and use the “Available On” option at the top of this screen. Football Heroes is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- When you start the game, it will need to connect to the internet. Make sure you have a stable connection before attempting to play. You’ll also need to accept a few user agreements before playing. Make sure you read over these agreements thoroughly before agreeing.
- Once you’ve started the game, you’ll be ready to learn how the game controls.
How to Play
- Football Heroes has much of the same rules as standard American football, so if you understand the rules of that game, you’ll be much more prepared for this game. For those not familiar, we’ve got you covered.
- The first move you’ll need to learn in the game is how to hike. Hiking is what you do at the beginning of a play in football, and generally is what puts the football into the quarterback’s hand.
- Tap to hike the ball. The quarterback will receive the ball, and then hand it off to the best player around him. At this point, you will have control over the ball runner.
- To move the ball runner, tap and hold on the screen and then drag in the direction you’d like the player to move. The direction you dragged will be the direction the player runs.
- You can also punch opponents that happen to get in your way. To do this, tap on the player you want to knock out until they’re seeing stars.
- While holding the ball, you may come across defenders that will try to tackle you. To spin and deflect these attackers, swipe in the direction of the attacker. This will make your player do a spin move, knocking some of the defenders to the ground in the process.
- An important part of playing football is deciding which play to execute on the field. Before each play, you will need to select your planned play. To do this, you can tap on the type of play you wish to complete. You can choose a Run, Pass, or Kick play.
- Once you’ve chosen a type of play, you can swipe left or right to determine which play you’d like to use. When you’ve decided on the perfect play, swipe to it and tap on it to use it. You’ll then need to play it out as it is shown. A good tip is to study the play carefully before using it.
- After you hike from now on, you will be in control of the quarterback. A good plan is to move the quarterback backwards away from the offensive line, so that you can get a better vantage point and decide what to do next.
- If you chose a passing play, players on the field should be flashing. When they are, you can tap on any one of them to throw a pass to them. The quarterback will then throw the ball, and hopefully the receiver will be able to catch it.
- On defense, the game allows you to choose which player you actually control before the play begins. Choose wisely, you may only be given a few seconds to make your move on the quarterback.
- If you are playing a defender of a receiver, you can tackle them when they have the ball by swiping towards them. Be careful though, they can spin and dodge you as they play.
- If you do manage to tackle the ball carrier though, the play will be over, which can give you a huge advantage in the long run.
- Perks are available for use as you play, and can provide you with a major boost when you need it most.
- If you find yourself in a tight spot where you’re surrounded by the opposition, the Ground Pound perk might be just what you need. When used, this perk will send your player into the air and then back down with a devastating tackle move, knocking down any opposing players in the area.
- Another perk, the Bombs, will allow you to throw projectile bombs at attacking players, meaning they don’t have to be near you to be taken down.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Football Heroes. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!