Game Introduction – QuizUp
QuizUp is an online quiz game created by Plain Vanilla Corp. Players are quizzed across a wide variety of topics and sub-topics, including movies, television, video games, literature, and nature. Playing the game earns you experience points, which go back into increasing your rank in that category. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to outsmart the world.
Quick Start Guide
- QuizUp is free to play. You can download it by using the “Available On” button at the top of this page.
- You’re asked to create an ID for yourself, and/or to log in with Facebook or Twitter. If you don’t want to log in with a social network, select an original name.
- Once you’re set up, you’re allowed to start answering quiz questions in any of QuizUp‘s many categories and sub-categories.
How to Play
- Objective – The object of QuizUp is to achieve a higher score than your opponent. This is done by answering a series of trivia questions as quickly as possible. There are multiple niche categories to participate in, as well as a popular “General Knowledge” category.
- Main Menu and Options – You can open QuizUp‘s main menu at any time by pressing the three-bar icon on the upper right-hand side of the screen. From here, you can also access the game’s settings by tapping the gear-shaped icon. On the settings menu, you can adjust sound volume, sign in and out of your social media accounts, and turn your notifications on and off.
Choose Your Category
- Subcategories – Fancy yourself a know-it-all? QuizUp has multiple categories and sub-categories for you to challenge. Access the game’s list of quiz topics by pressing the “Topics” button in the main menu. “New and Noteworthy” is listed first. Scroll down to view a list of all available categories. Tap on a category to access a sub-category (where applicable) and press “Play Now!” to get started.
- Favorites – Once you’ve played a few games, QuizUp takes note of which quiz topics you seem to favor. These “Favorite Topics” are listed as soon as you start up the game.
- Measure Up Against Your Friends – Sign in with Facebook, Twitter, and/or Game Center to see how your quiz scores stack up against your buddies’ scores. You can also challenge your Facebook friends to a match by selecting the “Challenge” button situated next to “Play Now!”.
- Messages and Stats – When a quiz is over, scroll down on the score page to access a list of stats, including the questions you got right and wrong. You can also open up a chat with your opponent.
- Discussions – Every category and sub-category has a relevant message board. It’s accessible via the “Discussion” button located under each sub-category’s “Challenge” button.
- Access Your Profile – Access your profile any time by entering the main menu and then tapping your profile picture. You can view a breakdown of your stats here, including your favorite topics, your win count, your losses, and your total score.
- Change Your Appearance – Make your profile look pretty. You can change your icon by tapping on it and replacing it with a stored picture. You can do the same for your background wallpaper.
How to Score
- Act Fast – The more quickly you select the correct answer for your question, the more points you score. Think quickly – but don’t hit the wrong answer or else your opponent might walk away with it. Even if your opponent answers a question before you, you can still get some points for answering correctly.
- Seven Questions – There are seven questions in a round of QuizUp. The player with the most points at the end of the set wins the round.
- Double Points – The last question in the round of seven is worth twice as many points as a normal question. Even if you’re lagging behind your rival, answering the last question quickly and correctly can turn the tide.
- Earn Experience – You earn experience after every round of QuizUp, regardless of whether or not you won.
- Increase in Rank – Earning experience helps you level up, which increases your overall rank and opens up new titles in your profile. You have a separate rank for each category or sub-category: a level 5 rank in the Cats category doesn’t automatically carry over to the Dogs category, and vice-versa.
- XP Boosters – Access QuizUp‘s store through the main menu. You can buy XP Boosters through the store using real-world cash. XP Boosters last one hour each.
- Don’t Quit! – Don’t quit mid-round if you’re losing. You earn experience even if you lose. More importantly, quitting mid-stream is a jerk thing to do.
- Examine Sub-Categories – Don’t forget to take a good look at which sub-categories are offered underneath each category. Whatever you’re into, there’s probably a sub-category related to it.
- Try General Knowledge – “General Knowledge” is a popular category in QuizUp, and a great way to show off your catch-all knowledge. Since it’s so busy, there are always a lot of different players ready to challenge you at a moment’s notice.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for QuizUp. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!