Game Introduction – Beyond the Dead
Beyond the Dead is a zombie adventure game created by GREE. You’ll construct a base, build a team around other survivors of the zombie apocalypse, and travel to various areas completing quests. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Beyond the Dead is free to play, and can be downloaded by using the “Available On” option at the top of this page.
- When you first start the game, you’ll be asked if you would like to enable push notifications; you cannot change this later.
- From there, you’ll play through a brief tutorial before the game lets you adventure into this zombified world on your own.
Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse
- As you enter this devastating new world, you’ll realize that there’s a ton of things to do in order to survive. Your first order of business is to set up a base. Your base is only used for farming silver so you can purchase upgrades and items. There are various buildings available, such as the camp site, shed, and water tank, but these all just offer different rates of silver generation.
- After that, you need to build a team. We’ll go into more specifics in a later section. For now, keep in mind that you always want a team of five ready to fight, and the game gives you quite a few characters during the tutorial. Throughout the game, you’ll obtain crates which net you even more characters.
- Clicking the “Mission” folder will display all available quests. There are a ton of daily and event missions, along with the game’s standard goals. Missions range from killing certain types of zombies to growing your base.
- Some missions will require you to travel to new locations. These locations are generally large maps filled with all sorts of zombies slowly pacing around. At any time, you can tap on a zombie to stop it, and then tap again to attack. The damage you deal depends on your team’s strength and the zombie’s defense. Your team will never take damage from these encounters, but you will use energy for each attack.
- Certain zombies will be marked with a pink indicator. These are ones you need to kill for a mission, making it easy to hunt the ones you’d like to battle.
- You can also destroy buildings the same way. Buildings take more hits than zombies do, but you receive more money and have a better chance at landing other items.
- When you’ve killed enough zombies in an area, that location will level up. This creates stronger zombies but offers better rewards.
Strength in Numbers
- Your team is an invaluable resource. The game will give you a few party members during the tutorial, but you’ll quickly get a hold of more as you play the game. During your adventure, you’ll earn crates that unlock characters. You can also claim a free crate each day and pay for more with premium currency.
- You can place up to five characters on your team. Each character has two key stats: Attack and Defense. There are also three class types: Melee, Ranged, and Specialization. These classes can be affected by other party member’s special abilities.
- Each character has its own special ability. These will usually raise the attack or defense of certain characters, but often only under certain conditions. For example, some characters will raise the attack of range teammates while others will help the party defend against specialization-class opponents.
- You can increase stats by going into the Train Survivors menu. From there, you can pick a character you want to train and use resources and special survivors’ gear to give huge experience and stat boosts to the selected character. This process costs a small amount of silver.
- If you’ve two or more of the same character, you can combine them and give them another stat boost. This will also change their character portrait and weapon, as well as up their special ability.
- By clicking the “VS” button on the base screen, you can challenge another player’s team. Battles are quickly performed by comparing all characters’ attack and defense stats, as well as abilities. After each fight, you are brought to a stat screen which shows how each character stacked up against one another. This gives an opportunity to check out how your team fared and what weaknesses you may have.
- Over time, you’ll also unlock skill points, which give your team overall boosts. These are placed on various skill trees, but take a while to start adding up.
Tips and Tricks
- Going all-out attack is an easy way to kill a ton of zombies quickly. In fact, a high-attack team will also work well against most human teams in the versus mode. You won’t always win with attack alone, but it’s hardly a bad strategy, especially early on.
- As you progress, upping your base is certainly a top priority. You’ll come by more than enough silver early on, but as you continue growing your team, upgrades will begin to cost more and you’ll need more money. If you’re on a strict in-app purchase budget, take some time to grow your base early on.
- Your energy completely refills once you level up. If you’re low on energy but very close to gaining a level, you may be better off saving replenishing items.
- Fusing two characters is always worth it, if the main one isn’t at the maximum level. Even weak, common characters can become relatively powerful once they have leveled up a few times.
- Don’t worry much about the layout of your base. Other players will never actually attack the base, so the design plays no functional role.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Beyond the Dead. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!