Game Introduction – D&D: Arena of War
D&D: Arena of War is an adventure game from DeNA. Train your hero, make friends, and fight your way through the dungeons of Farum. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- D&D: Arena of War is free to play, and can be played by using the “Available On” option at the top of this page.
- When starting D&D: Arena of War, Isteval will lead you through the basics of D&D: Arena of War.
D&D: Arena of War basics
- The goal of D&D: Arena of War is to fight your way through dungeons of increasingly stronger enemies, gather experience to grow stronger, and find legendary weapons to aid in your quest.
- When browsing the world map, select an adventure – a set of quests – and choose your quest. Each adventure consists of multiple stages, which can be picked. Complete all the stages of a quest to finish it.
- When selecting a stage, you can see the strength of the monsters, the number of waves, and the rewards you receive for completing it, as well as how much quest energy it will cost you.
- After selecting a quest, choose your party members. These can be players that are either already part of your party, or new friends whose help you can request. On the right side of the party selection screen, you can see the strength of your entire team: make sure you go into battle with the strongest.
- The fighting basics are very simple:
- 1. Hold a character.
- 2. Drag your finger in the opposite direction of where you want to attack.
- 3. Release your fury!
- Characters fight in turns. At the beginning of every turn (or when you check with red eye), you will see a number over each character indicating how many turns it has to wait before it can move.
- TIP: Always try to defeat the enemy whose turn is earliest: the fewer enemies that attack you, the lesser damage you will take.
- When you equip powers, they do not only strengthen your character, but you will also be able to use these powers in battle. Depending on the power, it will take a number of turns before you unlock it. When unlocked, press the power button on the bottom of the screen to use it.
Powers and fusion
- As you progress through your adventure, you will earn powers and find scrolls. Every power can be equipped, and then fused with other powers or with scrolls to be made stronger. Make sure you fuse your weapons when you can, to ensure you’re always on top of your game.
- TIP: Choose a strong rare base power and fuse it with any powers you collect to make it even stronger.
Advanced battle tactics
- When you attack an enemy with a fast character, a strong heavy weapon, or a long distance weapon, the enemy will be knocked back.
- Knocking an enemy into any of the following will do massive damage: a wall; a dungeon wall trap; an explosive; through a portal; or into another enemy. Make good use of this when an opportunity presents itself.
- When you knock an enemy into another party member, they will also attack the enemy, doing extra damage. When you face a boss character you have problems defeating, try to surround him so you can do damage from multiple team members.
- TIP: When you run into a team member and bounce him into an enemy, he will attack the enemy. This not only gives you more angles to attack from, but if your team member is actually stronger than your current character, you can do more damage this way.
- Besides the wall traps, certain dungeons will also contain floor traps. These spew things such as lava and poison every few turns, which do damage to any character standing on top or near it. Learn how often these traps trigger, make sure you evade them yourself, and try and lure your enemy over it.
- In some dungeons you will find bouncing cloths. You can use these to attack around corners, or to simply bounce an enemy back into your weapon, or onto the weapon of another team member.
- If you search for party members and are dealt weak players, just go back to the stage select, select it again and search again. You will usually find strong players within 3 or 4 turns.
- Try, as much as possible, not to align two or more of your characters with an enemy who’s about to take a turn. If the enemy knocks you into your team member, you will both take damage.
- Be careful when attacking an enemy near an explosive. If you get caught in the explosion, you will also take damage.
- If you’re really close to leveling up and are having trouble getting through a dungeon, replay some of the earlier, easier dungeons for experience points to level up first.
- Make sure to log in once every day for the bingo. It’s an easy way to earn some very valuable items.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for D&D: Arena of War. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!