Game Introduction – Candy Blast Mania
Candy Blast Mania is a free-to-play match-three game where you must create candy combos, collect candy to advance to the next level, and compete against tyrannical bosses in the Candy Kingdom. Gamezebo’s quick-start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Candy Blast Mania is free to play, and can be downloaded by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you first start up the game, you will be asked if you would like to allow push notifications.
- Stage Select:Choose which stage you will complete from here. The stages you’ve already played through are denoted with the star ranking you received. You can tell if you’ve completed a level if the candy is smiling. Levels you have yet to finish will feature a sad candy.
- Challenges: The orange tab at the bottom of the Stage Select screen will display a list of Challenges you have completed or have yet to complete. These can range from “Collect X amount of candies” to “Complete the level with 1 star.” You will earn Keys by completing challenges.
How to Play
- The beginning of the game is a short tutorial. If you’ve played Candy Crush Saga or Fairy Tale Twist you will likely be familiar with the basic mechanics. You need to swap gems to match with the same color. This will create a match and clear the gems from the board.
- Matching three same-colored gems will clear them from the board. When you match gems, a bonus count will be added to surrounding colored gems that will only last through the next turn. You can also choose to create cross-shaped or L-shaped matches for a similar effect. This creates a Sugar Blast.
- Matching four colored gems will score you a Sweet Spot. The Sweet Spot must be swapped to create another match, but instead of clearing only the three gems, it will clear out all the gems on the board of that same color.
- Matching five gems in a row creates a Candy Scoop. Use it to collect all candies of a specific color and add it to your candy total!
- Mixing several special Sweet Spots will clear a good portion of the board.
- Matching is done by tapping and dragging gems to swap with others on the board, as you cannot match from anywhere on the board, similar to Candy Crush Saga.
- Some stages will require you to complete specific objectives, such as collecting a specific amount of each color and type of candy. These prerequisites must be cleared before you will be allowed to continue to the next stage.
- Depending on your score, you will be assigned a 1 to 3-star ranking for each stage.
- If you fail a stage, you can continue by purchasing additional lives with real-world cash, or you can start from the beginning of the stage to have another go.
- Boss battles are waged by “attacking” the boss with a specific number of each type of candy.
- Each time you must restart, you use up one energy point. When you’re out of energy, you must wait for them to fill up or ask friends via Facebook/social networking to send you additional lives.
Tips and Tricks
- If you get stuck, try the power-ups allocated to you each level. Use Candy Scoops when you’re low on moves. The Candy Wand can remove specific candies from the board.
- Play smart. You have a limited number of moves you can make before it’s game over. Try to make the best out of the gems you have. Get the most you can from each swap. Just because the game suggests you should move a specific tile, that doesn’t mean you should always take its advice.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Candy Blast Mania. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!