Game Introduction – Dragon Academy
Dragon Academy is a free-to-play match-three game where completing levels will earn your dragons experience. Level up your dragons and watch as they earn new powers and abilities with which you can clear new boards. Gamezebo’s quick-start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Dragon Academy is free to play, and can be downloaded by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you first start up the game, you can input a username or use the one tied to GameCenter.
- A cut scene will play, giving you a little of the backstory behind Dragon Academy.
- When the game begins, you will be thrown into your very first game board.
- Stage Select:Choose which stage you will complete from here. The stages you’ve already played through are denoted with the star ranking you received.
- Game Board/Status: Beneath the game board, you will find an image of your dragon, your dragon’s level, name, a score meter to discern how close you are to a three-star ranking, and a meter displaying how close you are to completing each level’s goal.
- The menu includes settings, leaderboards, achievements, volume controls, and a quick reminder of how to match tiles.
How to Play
- Dragon Academy is a match-three (or four, depending on the circumstances) game that asks you to match the same colored gems to score combos.
- Matching three same-colored gems will clear out those gems only.
- Matching four same-colored gems will score you a striped dragon egg. The dragon egg must be swapped to create another match, but instead of clearing only the three gems, it will clear out an entire vertical or horizontal line of gems.
- Mixing several striped dragon eggs will net you a rainbow dragon egg, which can clear a good portion of the board.
- You can match gems vertically, horizontally, and in L-shaped formations.
- Matching is done by tapping and dragging gems to swap with others on the board, as you cannot match from anywhere on the board, similar to Candy Crush Saga.
- Some stages will require you to complete specific objectives, such as clearing out tiles that are covered in “goo.” These prerequisites must be cleared before you will be allowed to continue to the next stage.
- Depending on your score, you will be assigned a 1 to 3-star ranking for each stage, allocating different amounts of experience points.
- If you fail a stage, you can continue by purchasing additional lives with real-world cash, or you can start from the beginning of the stage to have another go.
- Each time you restart, you use up a life. When you’re out of lives, you must wait for them to fill up, or ask friends via Facebook/social networking to send you additional lives.
Tips and Tricks
- If you get stuck, try the power-ups allocated to you each level. Use Runic Hammers to instantly destroy any tile. The Rainbow Wand can turn any egg into a striped egg.
- Play smart. You have a limited number of moves you can make before it’s game over. Try to make the best out of the gems you have. Get the most you can from each swap. Just because the game suggests you should move a specific tile, that doesn’t mean you should always take its advice.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Dragon Academy. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!