Game Introduction – Infectonator: Hot Chase
Infectonator: Hot Chase is an endless running game created by Armor Games Inc. You play as a zombie aiming to infect as many people as possible. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to stuff your face with brains.
Quick Start Guide
- Infectonator: Hot Chase is free to play. You can download it by clicking the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- The title screen cycles automatically through some trivia facts. You can watch, or press “Start” to begin.
- Before you run, you’ll see a small story cinematic. If you don’t want to watch it, press the “Skip” button.
- A very quick tutorial teaches you how to play Infectonator: Hot Chase. Once it’s done, you’re allowed to tear loose and infect anyone who gets in your way.
How to Play
- Objective – Now that we’ve explored the basics of Infectonator: Hot Chase, we’ll get deeper into how the game works. The object of Infectonator: Hot Chase is to barrel along a city street and run into (infect) as many people as possible. When you infect a person, they join your horde until your maximum horde size is reached.
- Stamina – If you’re familiar with the Infectonator game series, then you already know that the zombies populating said games have very limited lifespans. As you run, your Stamina meter (located in the upper left-hand corner of the screen) gradually depletes. When it hits zero, your run is over. You can refill your stamina by running into victims.
- Speed – You begin each run with a burst of speed. From there, your run gradually slows down and eventually halts. The only way to keep going is to run into the victims scattered around the road, as each person you infect gives you a small boost of speed and stamina.
- The Boost Button – You start each run with a boost button that gives you a temporary burst of speed and invincibility. The button reactivates at certain points during your run.
- The Horde – A certain number of victims you find on the road will become zombies themselves and join your horde. The more zombies you have in your horde, the wider your net for picking up coins and victims. Your maximum horde size can be upgraded.
- Mutations – Once in a while you’ll run into green tubes of goo that temporarily mutate you and grant you super powers. For instance, the Puker hurls gobs of acidic goo, and the Brute can bust through cars, barriers, and other hazards.
- Coins – As you run, you gather coins that can be used in the lab to purchase zombie upgrades and new zombie breeds. You can also buy coins via an in-app purchase.
- Entering the Lab – You can access the lab after each run using the “Lab” button on your summary screen. A number of tasks can be performed here.
- Characters – Buy and equip new zombie runners with coins. Special zombies have automatic stat boosts.
- Upgrade Stats – Improve your equipped zombie’s stats using the coins you’ve collected. You can make them run faster, give them more stamina, increase your horde size, increase the amount of money you get from victims, and increase the duration of your Boosts.
- Upgrade Mutations – Use the “Mutation” button on the Upgrades screen to access and upgrade the strength of your random mutations.
- Info Stats – View a collective record of your runs, including total distance you’ve travelled, number of people you’ve infected, number mutations you’ve undergone, number of cars you’ve smashed, and total play time.
- Follow Us – An option to follow/like Armor Games Inc. and Toge on Facebook and Twitter. You can earn extra coins if you follow/like.
- Achievements – A summary of the Achievements you’ve earned, plus the requirements for the ones you’ve yet to unlock.
- Options – Adjust the music and sound effects.
- Barriers – Your run is not trouble-free. Along the way, you’ll encounter barriers erected by law enforcement. Slamming into a barrier slows you down.
- The Law – Army privates and policemen will try and gun you down as you run, which kills your speed and robs you of stamina.
- Cars – Share the road. Cars will sneak up behind you, or come at you head-on. If you get hit while you’re not invincible (for instance, while performing a dash, or while mutated into the Brute), you’ll get smushed and the run automatically ends.
- More Coins – Upgrades are expensive in Infectonator: Hot Chase, and specialized zombies are even more so. If you need a boost, you can buy more coins through an in-app purchase.
- Get Rid of Ads – After you finish a run, you might see an ad pop up on your results screen. You can eliminate these ads for a one-time fee of $1.99 USD.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Infectonator: Hot Chase. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!