Game Introduction – Animal Voyage: Island Adventure
Animal Voyage: Island Adventure is a free to play game in which you’re tasked with exploring islands with a band of helpful rescue animals to save exotic creatures from various natural disasters and adverse living conditions. With enough resources, you can build lavish new homes for the creatures and even furnish their new habitats. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Animal Voyage: Island Adventure is free to play, and can be played by clicking the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- Once you download the game you will need to set the push notifications prompt that appears. You can change this later. This will allow the game to notify you when specific game events occur.
- When the game loads up for the first time, you will be given a quick visual overview of the game island, user interface, and various important in-game interactions.
- You may connect with your GameCenter account, but currently there are no connections to social networks like Facebook or Twitter.
- There are three types of currency available in Animal Voyage: Island Adventure that can be used to purchase items, upgrades, and other additions to your island getaway for your furry friends.
- Gold Coins: This is the basic game currency which can be used to purchase decorations, build animal homes, and purchase additional items that can be used to upgrade your facilities and structures. These can be purchased with real-world currency if you find yourself in need of more. Your animals’ completed habitats will generate coins and experience during a set amount of time that you can collect by tapping them, which is one reason you’ll want to rescue and house as many animals as you can.
- Leaves: Leaves are earned like Gold Coins and can be used to expand the territory on the island that you own. This in turn grants you more Leaves, which can also be earned by clearing out the patches of grass found across the game map. When you tap the grass, it will be added to your Leaves total.
- Crystals: Crystals are the premium currency of Animal Voyage: Island Adventure, and several items can be purchased with them. They allow you to purchase more structures, animal types, buildings, and you can even use them to complete jobs or other directives early. They are a very elusive form of currency that should be spent wisely.
- Purchasing additional currency: You can purchase gold coins, leaves, or crystals by tapping the “market” button at the bottom right corner of the screen. The Crystals tab will display all three currency types and their respective prices in a green “buy” rectangle. Crystals must be purchased with real-world currency, leaves must be purchased with crystals, and gold coins must be purchased with crystals as well. Buying additional currency is not required, however as this is a F2P game, there will be some waiting attached to later progression in the game should you choose not to pay.
- Map: The main map shows all of the territory you’ve unlocked as well as those that have still yet to be cleared. These are denoted by a gray fog swirling around the area. Continue rescuing animals and recruiting them for help to travel to these areas.
- The Islands: The main island is where you’ll begin playing with a couple animal companions. There are squares scattered across the game board with animals trapped inside them. These icon squares act as landmarks, as well as animal homes, your farm, the docks, and any other structure you’ll build over the course of your game.
- Your animals: As you explore the island, you will rescue animals and befriend them. Once you have built them a home, they will aid in your crusade and travel around the map with you. Tap an animal and tap the spot on the map you want them to go to in order to control them. They will move automatically to their assigned location if in close enough proximity
- Animal abilities: Your team of animal allies can perform different tasks, such as clearing grass, rescuing other animals, clearing tees, etc. These actions consume leaf points, which are restored by feeding the animals. Simply tap on the animal to offer up food, which will restore stamina points.
- Buildings: The buildings you place back at the main island hub range from animal homes to farms that grow special crops and food items. As you progress, you’ll be able to purchase more plots and building types. These will consume crystals and coins, so choose what you want to place wisely.
- Exploration: There’s no set order for how you need to approach opening new areas and completing new objectives, though it’s prudent to keep in mind that specific actions do require a short cool-down period. When you build an animal a shelter, you must wait for the building to be completed before you can complete other aspects of a quest. This is due to the nature of the F2P game, and if you are willing to wait it out while resources regenerate, objectives can be slowly cleared out.
- Quests: As you progress, you will unlock new quests. A log of quests can be found on the left side of the screen. Simply tap for a list of what you’re working on and what needs to be finished next. This is helpful for finding where you left off after a lull in gameplay, so utilize this quest log often. It will help keep you organized and aid you in allocating funds that are sometimes difficult to earn.
- Animal Rescue: Once you clear out enough debris, tall grass, and other impedances, you can actually get to the animals you need to rescue. Simply tap on the animal’s cage/makeshift shelter to attempt to rescue them. You will be asked to complete a puzzle akin to Bejeweled and other match-three games. A list of items you need to collect by matching similar shapes will be at the right of the game board. You have a set amount of moves to collect a specific number of items on the board via matching three or more like-items in order to complete the game. Once the game is finished, you will have completed the rescue.
Tips and Tricks
- Take it slow. If you’re diligent about clearing out new areas, you will be able to enjoy the game without spending a premium amount of real-world cash. It will be tantalizing to put down cash to unlock new paths and animals sooner, but you can enjoy the game at a slower pace for free, if that’s your thing.
- Be smart about your animal recruiting. Stay mindful of the zones your new recruits can clear, and purchase them accordingly. You never know what kind of terrain you’ll unlock, so plan to have an ally that’s suited for all types – doing so will cut down on your wait time and the need to specifically rescue different animals simply to expand.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Animal Voyage: Island Adventure. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!