Now that this year’s Casual Connect USA event has come to a close, The Casual Games Association has unveiled their list of winners for 2013’s Indie Prize Showcase awards. The free program was created to highlight some of the best and brightest achievements in indie game development, and to reward the industry’s most talented developers with new resources and recognition among their development peers and other gamers alike.
The top accolades this year went to casual puzzle game Clobbr, which received the coveted Indie Prize for Best in Show as voted on by show attendees and other participating developers in the Indie Prize Showcase. Independently developed by Czarcade, Clobbr is a lighthearted puzzler that puts players in control of a happy blue monster with a hammer, as he strategically pounds wooden stakes into the ground to save his underground mice friends from a shady and most likely hungry cat.
But Clobbr wasn’t the only game to receive some much deserved recognition this week. There were 9 other big awards given out in the Indie Prize Showcase, as determined by the Casual Connect Indie Prize Committee. The full list of this year’s winners can be seen below:
- Best in Show: Clobbr by Czarcade
- Best Game Art: Dragon Up by East Side Games
- Best Game Audio: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams by Black Forest Games
- Most Innovative Game: 7 Grand Steps by Mousechief
- Best Story: The Ballads of Reemus by ClickShake Games
- Most Promising Game in Development: Lost Toys by Barking Mouse Studio
- Best Mobile Game: Skiing Fred by Dedalord Games
- Best Desktop Game: Guns of Icarus Online by Muse Games
- Best Puzzle Game: Rise of The Blobs by Robot Invader
- Best Multiplayer: Astroflux by Fula Fisken
Czarcade’s Clobbr is 2013’s Best in Show