It’s always great when we’re able to snag a few awesome games at some nice discounted prices, but there are two very big reasons why you should be more than excited about all of the free games and sales that are going on this weekend. The first, is because it’s the iOS App Store’s 5th birthday this week, and Apple is celebrating by giving away a handful of monumental games that helped shape the App Store into what it is today.
The second big reason is that we are currently at the start of Steam’s annual summer sale, which is both a blessing to us gamers who love stocking up on past titles we may have missed for the year ahead, and a curse for those of us who don’t particularly enjoy burning a giant Steam-stamped hole through our wallets.
There’s always a ton of great deals out there on the internet, even in the midst of some of the biggest, most anticipated sales in gaming, so if we happened to miss some other wonderful sales or free games this week, be sure to let us know in the replies!
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP – Free (review)
- Infinity Blade II – Free (review)
- Badland – Free (review)
- Tiny Wings – Free (review)
- Where’s My Water? – Free (review)
- Angry Birds Star Wars – Free (review)
- Peggle – Free (review)
- The Sims Medieval – Free
- Mirror’s Edge – Free (review)
- Dead Space – Free (review)
Steam’s Summer Getaway Sale
The Steam summer sale is usually one of the biggest gaming sales of the year. Here are a few highlights of today’s current new deals, but be sure to check out the whole thing right over here from now until the sale ends on July 22.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited – $4.99 (review)
- Toki Tori 2+ – $9.89 (review)
- Don’t Starve – $8.99 (review)
- FEZ – $4.99 (review)
- FTL: Faster Than Light – $2.49 (review)
- The Walking Dead: Season One – $6.24 (review)
Pay what you want and get;
- The Geneforge Saga
- Avadon: The Black Fortress (review)
- The First Avernum Trilogy (plus Blades of Avernum)
- Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy
Pay more than the average and unlock;
- Avernum: Escape from the Pit (review)
- Nethergate: Resurrection