Game Introduction – G.I. Joe: Battleground
G.I. Joe: Battleground is a card battle game from DeNA Studios and Mobage where you will be able to take control of Joe’s soldiers in order to take on the Cobra army. Making sure you collect and use the right cards can be a daunting task, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. G.I. Joe: Battleground is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Once you have started the game for the first time, you will have to log in to Mobage to begin playing. You can also sign up for a Mobage account at this point if you do not have one.
- Once you’ve signed in to Mobage, you can begin playing the game.
How to Play
- When you start the game, you will have to select a leader character for both the Joe and Cobra factions.
- Next, you will have to select the region you’d like to play in. After this, you can select a mission to play by tapping on any of the stars that do not have locks on them.
- The enemies will be shown before you can confirm the start of the mission. You can also have the option to edit the squad so that you have more appropriate characters for the mission. You can also have the game select the characters for you.
- On the playing board, you will have the opportunity to move your game piece along so that you can begin attacking Cobra’s army.
- When you’re at the board, you can begin moving your piece forward by tapping “Go” at the bottom of the screen. When you push the button, your character will advance on the board.
- Eventually, you will come upon enemies on the board. When you encounter them, you will need to “Engage” with them.
- At this point, your characters will attack the foes and the battles will finish automatically. Once you finish the battle, you will see a status screen confirming the results of the battle.
- After the battle, you’ll also receive skill points and XP. Extra XP may grant you a new level that will make your characters more powerful.
- You can switch out characters while on the board by tapping on their picture, and then on the “Assign” button next to each character. The character will then switch out for a fresh one.
- While you are battling enemies, you will occasionally be given the ability to capture enemy units. You can throw out flashbangs or stun grenades. These will stun the enemies and you’ll have a chance to catch the enemies on screen.
- When you are given the chance to upgrade, you can use secondary characters to power-up a primary one.
- You can also recruit more characters for your army by choosing the Recruit option on the main menu. You can then choose to buy a booster pack with a recruit in it.
Player vs. Player
- While you are exploring an area, it’s possible you’ll come across an encounter. When this comes up, you’ll need to select an opponent from the list to begin.
- If you win 3 of these battles within a 10-minute period, you’ll earn a reward. The more wins you accumulate consecutively, the better the reward will be.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for G.I. Joe: Battleground. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!