Game Introduction – Haunted Hollow
Haunted Hollow is a strategy game from Firaxis and 2K Games, wherein you build and rule a haunted mansion with monsters helping you out along the way. You’ll be asked to take on rivals in order to expand your empire with these monsters, and with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll be on the fast track to success with all of the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you need.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Haunted Hollow is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Once you start the game for the first time, you will be asked if you’d like to play the tutorial before getting started with the game. You should press “Yes” as it will give you detailed instructions on how to play.
- When beginning the game, you will be introduced to Igor who is your faithful servant and will help you become an even better master.
- An essential part of any good haunted house in Haunted Hollow is the ability to build additional rooms which house the monsters that will help you.
- Building rooms takes Fear Points, which you will earn at the beginning of each turn. You will want to make sure you collect as many of these as possible because it will help you be more successful.
- As you are just beginning the game, you will be given the Foyer to start. This is the room you will build your other rooms on top of.
- Each round, you will be given the ability to create one additional room in your house for free.
- To build a house, tap on the Ghost icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- At this point, you will need to choose the location in which to build the new room. You can pick any room that is adjacent to the Foyer to start, with more being available as you expand.
- When you tap on the location, the room will then be built.
- Each room has a monster you can build that will make your army even stronger. To build the monster, tap on the room you just built and then on the ghost icon shown on the right side of the screen. This will consume one Fear Point and build the monster.
- The monster you are given will have a special power. One of the monsters has a Scaring power, in that he scares his enemies into submission.
- Once you have a ghost, you can commence attacking the nearby towns with their special powers.
- To attack, tap on the monster you’d like to use in order to select it.
- If you want information on a monster that you have selected, tap on the monster and then on the menu button shown on the left side of the screen. From this point, tap on the ‘?’ button to see information on the monster.
- When you’re ready to attack, tap on the move button (the bottom button) and then on an empty spot next to a town house.
- At this point, you can tap on the attack button above the move button to attack this house.
- Once you perform an attack and run out of Fear Points, your turn will be over. When your turn is over, the enemy will move his monsters as they see fit.
- In your next turn, you will be able to build another room. Building a new room means you can add another monster to your army.
- A werewolf is a vicious monster that can attack enemy monsters. To attack an enemy monster with a werewolf, move the werewolf directly next to an enemy. Tap on the attack button and then tap on the enemy to attack it.
- As you eliminate enemies and take over town houses, you will be given stars that you can use to level up. Leveling up allows you to have more powerful monsters in your arsenal.
- When you do level up, you will be given the option to choose which boost you’d like to have. A few of the initial boosts you can choose from are a Stuffed Bear that provides 3 additional points of health for your monsters. Another early boost is a Bolt that will give a monster 4 additional points for its range.
- When you want to use a boost earned by leveling up, you can tap on it on the bar at the bottom of the screen at any time while taking your turn, and then on the monster you’d like to use it on. The boost will then be active.
- The following are general tips you can use to make your game a bit easier as you play.
- Buy More Monsters: If you keep trying to defeat your enemy and are always coming up short, you can purchase additional monsters with real money. Head into the Shop that can be accessed from the main menu of the game.
- Items Are Everything: You may purchase items from the Shop menu, but you may also earn them from leveling up. Save these items until you are desperate for them, as they may make the difference between winning and losing.
- Take Over Neighborhoods: As you take over homes, try to take them over in groups. Having entire neighborhoods under your control gives you bonus Fear Points every round.
- Don’t Waste Fear Points: Fear Points can be used to purchase additional rooms every turn. If you have no other moves to make, you can always buy another room or upgrade.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Haunted Hollow. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!