Game Introduction – Fish Out Of Water
Fish Out of Water is an arcade game from Halfbrick wherein you will fling fish alongside the ocean as far as you can, and with as many skips as possible. Choosing the correct fish and learning how to fling the fish are vital to getting a good rating. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you’ll need to get ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Upon starting the game for the first time, you will be introduced to Oscar the crab who helps guide you in the early parts of the game.
- Tap on the screen to advance the instructions that Oscar gives you.
How to Play
- When you are taken to the part of the ocean next to the beach, you will have the entire pool of fish you can choose from.
- To fling a fish, tap on one of them and hold it. Now, fling it to the right of the screen as hard as you can. This will cause the fish to fly and bounce off of the water.
- Each fish has different traits and will react differently to the water when it hits it. Finlay is a dolphin that will dive into the water and then back out of it, making it have less skips than most. In contrast, Micro is a giant whale that will bounce off of the water allowing him to get many skips and fly further. You should experiment with all of the fish so you get a good idea how each will react to the water.
- As the fish flies, it will continue to skip on the water. You can then boost by holding on the screen to deplete the boost meter. To add more power to your boost meter, you can collect yellow orbs to add more power to it.
- As the momentum runs out, the fish you are using will eventually fall into the water and you’ll need to fling another one again.
- You can then fling another fish. Note that the boost meter carries over from fish to fish. This will continue until the round is completely over.
- Once the second fish has fallen into the ocean, you can then fling a third fish. When the third fish falls in, the Score Crabs will give you a score based on how far the fish flew and how many skips there were in total.
- Weather changes every hour, and will affect how the fish react to flinging them. You’ll need to adjust the type of fish or how you fling them on the water.
The Score Crabs and Final Score
- Each one of the score crabs has a different personality and likes a different style.
- Distance Dorothy likes long distances, so try and use a long distance fish to receive a good score from her.
- Reasonable Re – A balanced crab that takes skip, distance, and weather into account before handing out a score.
- Skippy Steve – Loves skips, but does take weather into account.
- Nice Natalie – Always happy to give out a good score no matter how poorly you do.
- Hard to please Harwood – Critical of everything and the crab most likely to give you a bad score
- Once all of the crabs have handed out a score, you will receive a final score that tallies all of the crabs individual’s scores into one. This score can then be shared on social networking services like Facebook or Twitter.
- The happy clam in the bottom right corner will also provide you with a real life fact about fish.
Goals and Gems
- After a few rounds, you will be given your first goal. These goals are small tasks you can complete and earn gems for doing so.
- To see your current goal, tap on the checkered flag in the bottom right corner.
- One of the first goals is to throw 5 fish. All you have to do then to complete that goal is throw 5 fish and it will complete. When you complete a goal, you will receive a new goal automatically.
- When you complete 3 goals, you will be able to choose a gem chest. Choose one of the chests and you will receive gems that are inside of them.
- When you want to use these gems, tap on the chest in the bottom right corner of the screen. At this point, you will be able to drag the gems to the fish cutout on the top of the screen and create a special item that you can use in the game.
- These boosts can allow you to have extra power in your boost meter, extra points on your final score, and forcing Hard to please Harwood to give you a 10 no matter what.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Fish Out of Water. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!