Ridiculous Fishing – Game Introduction
Ridiculous Fishing is an action fishing game from Vlambeer, wherein you will fish in the most bizarre of ways. Fishing in such a unique way may be intimidating and frustrating at first, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks and knowhow you’ll need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
Quick Start Guide
- In order to get started in playing Ridiculous Fishing, you can go ahead and click on the “Get It Now” button shown at the top of this page to download the game.
- Once you start the game for the first time, you will be introduced to Billy.
How to Play
- To cast your line down to begin catching fish, tap on the screen. Your hook and line will then be cast into the sea, ready to catch fish.
- At this point, you should grab your device and begin tilting it to avoid obstacles and fish on the way down. If you avoid fish and obstacles, the hook will continue falling deeper and deeper into the sea.
- Once a fish is hooked onto your reel, it will then begin retracting back into the boat. At this point, your strategy should be to grab all of the fish you can on the way up. Tilt your device in the direction of the fish to grab them as the hook is reeled in.
- After the hook is reeled in and you are seeing the boat, you should prepare to continue working with these fish.
- The fish will begin flying into the air, in which case you should tap on them to shoot at them. If you land a hit that ends up with the fish being destroyed, you will earn money from it.
- Continue shooting the fish until they are either all destroyed or swim back into the sea.
- After the last fish is destroyed or back at sea, you will be shown a results screen with all of the money you earned from the round. Money is used to buy upgrades from the store.
- If you tap on the “Store” icon on the results screen, you will be taken to the store where you can buy upgrades and other goodies to increase your chances of earning more fish and money.
- In the first column, you can purchase new reels to use that will allow you to go even deeper with each cast.
- The second column allows you to purchase new guns. Having better guns will destroy fish quicker and easier, mainly requiring less shots to take out one fish. Easier shots = more money.
- In the third column, you can purchase new lures that then make it easier to catch more fish on the way back up.
- The tech column offers special gadgets that you can use to make your fishing experience a little easier, and perhaps a little weirder.
- Finally, the miscellaneous column offers mostly pointless items that you can purchase to make Billy look a bit snazzier perhaps.
- When you’ve decided to purchase an item, and have enough money to do so, you can tap on it and then tap on the price tag to finish the transaction.
- The following are general tips you can use to make your game a bit easier as you play.
- Use hard tilts on your device to collect the most fish possible as it is reeled up. Tilting lightly may not net you as many fish. You can possibly grab larger fish that are on the other side of the screen using this tactic.
- Using the Chainsaw Lure: One of the cheaper upgrades you can get in the game that also unlocks fairly early on allows you to cut fish up as the hook plummets into the sea. To use this very useful upgrade, tap and hold on the screen as the hook falls and direct it towards fish. This will cut the fish up on the way down, earning you money instantly.
- Buy the Fishopedia: This cheap item that is under the miscellaneous column and allows you to view a book on the main menu of the game that shows all of the fish you have caught and their value. This is useful if you happen to catch a new style of fish and aren’t sure if it is worth making extra effort to catch.
- Upgrade Your Line: Every chance you get to upgrade your line, you should. Having a longer line allows you to fish deeper and deeper, earning you more money so having a longer line allows you to earn more money in a quicker amount of time.
- Earning New Locations: The way to earn new locations in Ridiculous Fishing is to catch a variety of fish; the more species you discover, the more likely a new location will open up. You can open the map from the main menu of the game, and then travel to these new locations. New locations will have new fish and therefore new potential for more money.
- Buy the Boot: Under the tech section of the store, there is the option to purchase a boot for $1,000. This should be one of your early purchases because it allows you to receive a 100m head start in your first location. This allows you to collect the more valuable and rare fish more easily, so having this in your arsenal should be a priority.
- Read Byrdr: This Twitter parody on the main menu of the game is not only entertaining, it’s also pretty helpful. You can read what other virtual fishermen think of you and your tactics and receive advice and tips while reading it, so it may be worth your while to take a peek now and then.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Ridiculous Fishing. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!