Game Introduction – Block Fortress
Block Fortress is a tower defense game from Foursaken Media in which you will be asked to create strongholds in many different ways, and then defend them against the opposing Goblocks. Your building and strategy skills will be put to the test but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide by your side, you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, strategies, and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- In order to get started in playing Block Fortress, you can go ahead and click on the “Get It Now” button shown at the top of this page. The game will download and install on your device once you’ve done so. Block Fortress is a free download; so don’t worry if you realize later that game isn’t for you.
- Upon starting the game, you will be taken to the main menu where you can choose how you’d like to start the game.
- Under the “Options” section, you’ll be able to change your controls, sensitivity, and your sound settings.
- Tapping on the “Play” button will take you to the mode selection screen. Each one is mostly similar in play but slight differences will be apparent early on.
- The “Survival” mode is the slower version of the game, in that you will need to harvest every material you need before you are able to use it.
- In the “Quickstart” mode, you will start with many resources that you will allow you to build your fortress quickly and easily.
- The last mode, “Sandbox”, you will be allowed to play with infinite resources, and you’d be able to start and stop enemy attacks at will. This mode is recommended if you need to get a feel for the game or have already completed everything else in the other modes.
How to Play
- As Survival mode is considered to be the “most difficult” mode, we’re going to cover that mode the most.
- Once you choose your mode, you will be taken to the game selection screen. If you have a saved map, it will be listed on this screen. Tap on the name of that map to load it.
- To start a new game, tap on the “Start” button on this screen. If you tap on the “Map” button first, you can select the region you wish to start in. If you don’t wish to select a map, you will start with a random map.
- Once the game has loaded, you will be asked to place your barracks. You can tap and drag on the screen to move it around. When you are looking at the ground, you can tap in an empty area. A silhouette of your barracks will be placed down.
- When you have decided on the place you’d like to have your barracks or any other building, tap on the “Start” button at the top right corner of the screen.
- At this point, you will have a new menu pop-up for you to use. Let’s go over these new options so that you understand how to use them.
- The hand icon is the selection option. Selecting this one is how you select the various buildings and items on the playing field.
- The next option is the “block” option that allows you to tap anywhere on the screen and place a block.
- The “Machine Gun” is the very next option. Much like the “block” option, you just need to tap on the ground in order to place one.
- Power Block is next, and it powers certain units like the machine gun block. As with all others like it, just tap to place it on the ground.
- The “Mine Shaft” is next, and provides you the option to dig a hole in the ground that you can then mine for minerals.
- The final option on this row is the “Delete” option. Tap on this, then on the unit you wish to delete.
- When you are ready to start a battle, tap on the map icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- This will take you to the battlefield where you will now control the action from a first person.
- You will then need to control your character. To move your character back and forth, you can tap and hold on the left side of the screen. On the right side of the screen, you can tap and hold to adjust your view.
- To shoot your gun, tap on the gun icon on the menu. A gun will then appear in your right hand, as well as crosshair on the screen. You can move the crosshair using the right side of the screen.
- To shoot, tap on the red block that is permanently on the right side of the screen. If your crosshair is on an enemy, it will kill them if you shoot them enough.
- After you complete a wave of enemies, you will be shown a results screen that shows you the amount of enemies killed, blocks lost, how many mined minerals, bonus gold earned, and other bonus materials earned.
- You will also be able to choose to Save your game at this point. Tap on the “Save” option on the results screen. From here, you can tap on the top box to rename the save file.
- Your next attack wave will be more difficult than the last, so you will need to make sure that you are prepared for any additional attacks. Build more buildings, machine guns, and upgrade them to ensure that you are ready.
- If you tap on the menu button in the top right corner, you will be taken to a menu where you can choose to add additional blocks and walls for you to build in your world. The types of blocks used can be effective under certain enemies so you may need to experiment to get a feel for every type.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Block Fortress. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!