Game Introduction – Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is an action RPG developed by Spicy Horse. Hunt down the demons that are threatening the land and become the best Akane hunter you can be. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is free to play, and can be played by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you start Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, the Akane Bounty Master Virgil will lead you through a tutorial to explain the basics of the game.
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters basics
- Battling demons is a dangerous and exhausting business. Yomi Village is your home town where you can prepare for the hunt. Talk to the Akane Bounty Master to receive new missions, receive aid from the Elder Shaman Pan or find out how any of the other characters can help you out.
- When you’re ready to go on a mission, talk to the Akane Bounty Master and select the mission you want to play.
- On the right side of your mission select screen, you see the threat level. As times passes, the threat level in a mission will become higher, with more enemies you need to face in the mission, but also a higher reward. Completing a mission again resets the threat level to secure; fewer enemies, lower reward, but easier to accomplish.
- To move through the world, simply click with your left mouse button to where you want to go. Keep the button pressed to continue moving that way.
- On the top right of your screen, you see a map of your nearby surroundings; it also shows enemies with a yellow arrow. Press the M button to have the map appear on your screen, so you don’t need to look away.
- When you encounter an enemy, the same controls apply as to moving: click to attack, hold to keep attacking.
- TIP: If you’re having difficulty keeping your mouse on an enemy, press and hold SHIFT to keep your character steady.
- On the right side of your screen, you see (up to) three special abilities. These are extra powerful attacks. Right-click to execute the primary ability (the ability with the 1-button), or press the button.
- TIP: When you’re in battle, you will want to keep the pressure on your enemy, so it’s actually best not to move your mouse away to click on a special ability. Simply press the button and you can just keep going!
- Special abilities recharge two-fold. After using a special ability, you’ll see its icon recharge; slowly or quickly, depending on the ability. However, at the bottom of your screen, there is also a large blue Energy icon. When you use an ability, that also depletes, so keep an eye on it.
- TIP: both your health and your energy automatically recharge. However, when you are in battle, it recharges very slowly, so if you find yourself struggling, just run away for a moment to recharge.
- If you are unfortunate enough to die, don’t worry! If you have enough Karma Shards, you can revive yourself on the spot and continue a mission. If you’ve run out, or don’t think it’s worth spending, you can always return to your village and try another mission.
- TIP: Sometimes not having to worry about attack strategy and just going in head-first, knowing you can revive yourself, is fun and easy, but if you’re dying multiple times, be aware that every time you revive yourself, the Karma shards needed becomes higher. How much is it worth to you?
- TIP: Need more Karma shards because you can’t beat a level? Simply restart some of the earlier missions to earn ‘easier’ shards.
Leveling up and items
- As you fight enemies and complete missions, you gain experience points and will level up. Whenever you level up, you can choose one of three of your character’s abilities to boost. This is similar to the character class you choose in the beginning, but you can choose to increase any of the abilities you want.
- As you explore the world and complete missions, you will come across many items. Some are dropped by demons after they are defeated, while others can be found in crates and boxes. Stronger items can only be equipped when you reach a certain level, so when you level up, make sure to check which new items this unlocks!
- When you’re trying to decide which item(s) to equip, be sure to compare the strength of the items as well as its speed. If your play style is very fast, you might prefer a faster weapon that has a little less strength, or vice versa. Just make sure strength and speed even out in the end.
- When you have double items, or items you are not going to use, you can sell these in your village.
You have completed the quick start guide for Akaneiro: Demon Hunters by Spicy Horse. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.