Beastie Bay – Game Introduction
Beastie Bay is a creature development and city development game developed by Kairosoft where you find new creatures, house them, and explore the world for even more creatures. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’re ready to start the game!
How to Play
- Resources: The game has a variety of resources that you will use to do a multitude of various tasks throughout the island. The resources can be found in the upper right hand of the screen and are: food, wood, medals and gold. Each of these resources can be acquired by placing houses near woods and plants, as well as when you go exploring into uncharted territories and pick up bulk items from chests.
- Menu Screen: In the bottom right hand of the screen, you can select your menu options. From there you can build new houses for you and your allies, choose the make-up your allies, equip your allies with weapons and armor that you pick up along your travels, and more.
- Research: In the menu screen, you have the ability to research new items or upgrades to your island. You will have to use some of your resources to make sure that the research is done in a timely manner. The more resources that you put towards the research, the quicker you’ll have your island upgrades, better potions and “baits” to get new creatures.
- Exploration: As you start the game, there will be blue squares that pop up over the island that will show you a chest. All you have to do is tap the chest and select “Depart” on the next prompt, and you will be off into uncharted lands on your island. This is the only way to progress through the game. From here, you’ll gain resources, items and new allies to send into battle, as well as new humans that will open up shops for you to purchase additional items.
- Battle System: Beastie Bay‘s combat system is set up much like most traditional turned based RPGs that you may or may not have played. Your creatures and then enemy creatures line up and take turns whacking on each other. Each of your creatures have the ability to attack, defend, use magic spells or use items to heal themselves. They also have the ability to “bait” other creatures.
- Gaining New Creatures: Along your adventures into the uncharted lands of the game, you’ll come across creatures that you haven’t seen before. Within your items, you’ll start out with “meager baits”. When the opponent is weakened, it is the best time to try and throw out the bait to try to get them to join you as an ally. If they take the bait, they can join your creature team and fight alongside you on your next adventures. This is absolutely essential that you gain new creatures so you can take on the multiple enemies that you will have coming your way later in the game. So long as they’re a new type of beast and you don’t have them, weaken them, and throw them some bait to get them on your squad!
- Items: Items are the best way to ensure that your creatures are fighting at an optimum level. You will earn items by defeating creatures, bosses and unlocking them from chests. Items can be offensive or defensive in nature, giving your creatures health, attack, defense or magic point bonuses. Make sure that you are taking a look from the “ally” screen to see what each of your creatures weaknesses and strengths are, and from there, you can decide if you want to balance out their strength and weaknesses through the items, or make each of the allies specialists in whatever is their strength (magic, attack, defense).
- Play-Time Bonus: Much like other games in the freemium space, Beastie Bay rewards players with various treats for playing its game. The more you play, the bigger the bonus you will get—so it does pay to be addicted!
- Shop: Early on in the game you’ll be introduced to the proprietor of Pumpkin Products, a shop where you can buy armor, weapons and items for your allies. During your travels, you might not have all of your allies decked out in the necessary weapons and armor, but you might have some gold burning a hole in your pocket. Use that gold to buy what you need from Pumpkin to put your best line-up for the baddies you’ll encounter!
- Buildings: While you and your allies are exploring, it is best that you ensure that you’ve made enough infrastructure in your world to keep your resources coming in at a steady clip. From the bottom right hand of the screen, select menu and then build. From there you can a home for yourself, pastures for your allies, farms for more food, lumber mills for more lumber, and so on. Once constructed, you’ll be able to upgrade the buildings to make them more efficient.
- Save: This is a game that you will have to save your progress in. There is an auto-save feature that is for the most part functional, but unfortunately, I would advise you to take advantage of the save feature that is always available in the bottom left hand of the screen. Without it, it is very likely that you will lose some much needed progress.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Beastie Bay! You should be all set on your way to play your best game! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!