No word of a lie, I had plans to spend most of this weekend outdoors. The cold was finally starting to let up in my neck of the woods, and the thought of sitting inside and missing out on some good old vitamin D seemed downright criminal. That is, until Indie Royale launched the Evolved Bundle.
But life is all about compromise, and that’s why I’ve decided to just play these games outside on a laptop. I’ll be sure to let you all know how that works out, but until then, how about I tell you about all the games on offer in the Evolved Bundle? There’s a little something for everyone, from horror fans to puzzle addicts to sugar cube rights activists.
- Unmechanical – An adventure game with gorgeous visuals and an adorable robot protagonist. What more could you ask for?
- The Path – A short-but-spooky horror game inspired by the classic tale of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Krater – Proof that RTS and dungeon crawler gameplay can work wonderfully in tandem. Also, loot.
- Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - The chance you’ve been waiting for to assist an anthropomorphic sugar cube in its escape from a factory.
- OIO – A beautiful 2.5D puzzle platformer with an interesting story to tell.
As per usual, the bundle comes with a few extras. This time around it’s the soundtracks for The Path and Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory, as well as DLC for Krater. And if you pitch in more than $8, you’ll receive “SLIPSTREAM,” an album of 64-bit remixes/remasters of tracks from WipEout and WipEout 2097.