The Blockheads – Game Introduction
The Blockheads is a building adventure game from David Frampton and Majic Jungle Software in which you must build, mine and attack your way through an open-ended world. Knowing how to get started is one of the most difficult parts of the game, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs to get started.
Quick Start Guide
- To get playing The Blockheads as quickly as possible, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. The game is a free download, so there is absolutely no risk to trying it out for yourself.
- Once you’ve loaded up the game for the first time, you will be taken to the world selection screen where you can create your new world and then play it.
- To start your world, tap on the word “World”. You can then name the world whatever you like. At this point, you can then choose to either play a co-operative game with another player, or a single player game by tapping on either button.
How To Play
- Once your world finishes loading, tap on the blue portal to spawn a character to play with.
- You can then choose your gender, name, and the look by tapping on the Random button. You can tap on the Random button until you receive a look you like.
- To get started, you will need dirt. Dirt is one of the many building blocks available in the Blockheads. You need these building materials to create all kinds of objects to use and build in the game.
- To mine dirt, tap on the shovel that is in the inventory menu off to the right of the screen. You can mine without a tool, but it will take significantly longer to do.
- After you have mined a piece of dirt, you can tap on the blue portal. Now that you have at least one dirt block, you can create a Workbench by tapping on the “Warp In” button.
- A workbench will allow you to make tools you can use to mine further. When you tell it to warp in, it will then move into your blockhead’s inventory.
- To place down the workbench, tap on the workbench in your inventory and then tap on a piece of flat ground near your blockhead. Your blockhead will then place down the workbench so you can begin to use it.
- To use the workbench, tap on it. You’ll see a menu popup that allows you to either Remove the workbench or use it with the “Workbench Level 1” option.
- The next item we will want to create is a Campfire, so you can see around you during the night.
- To create a campfire, you’ll need to tap on a tree and chop the wood from it. The key to chopping down trees is to chop the bottom block. The rest of the tree will fall down with it.
- To collect the debris that falls from the tree, tap on the pieces. You can queue actions if you’d like by tapping on multiple pieces of debris.
- Once you’ve collected enough sticks, you can tap on the workbench to create a campfire. You will then need to wait for it to be built.
- If you do not wish to wait for the workbench to finish the campfire, you can tap on the “Use 2 Time Crystals” to finish the building immediately.
- With a campfire, you can create torches (which are useful as portable light when digging), just as you would create anything else from the workbench.
- If you notice your blockhead working slowly, that means he is likely tired or unhappy. When this happens, he needs to sleep before he will work faster again.
- To sleep, tap on his or her name and then tap on the Sleep button. At this point, you can tap on the Wake Up button if you feel he has slept enough, or on the Use Time Crystals button to speed up the sleep process.
- At this point, you will want to mine so that you can use the workbench to create a Tool Bench, which makes mining even easier.
- To create a Tool Bench, you will need at least 1 dirt and 1 flint to finish the job. You’ll need to mine the flint to get a piece of it. To get a piece of flint, you will need to tap on your shovel and then dig to find it.
- You will know that you have found flint when you see blocks of dirt with a brown pattern on it. Tap to mine the flint.
- Once you have a piece of flint, you can tap on the workbench to create a Tool Bench. Tool Benches work just like workbenches; it just creates tools instead of other benches.
- Now that you have a Tool Bench, you can see what each tool requires to create. Most of the level 1 tools require flint, so be ready to mine quite a bit of it before you can create a set.
- If you’d rather mine stone, or a stronger material to create tools with, you can level up the Tool Bench.
- The upgrade option is the last option available on the menu. To create a Level 2 Tool Bench, you need 5 stone. Stone is more scarce than flint, so it may be a while before you are able to create this.
- By this point, you will likely find the amount of inventory space lacking. This means you will need a basket, which you can create with a Craft Bench.
- Just as with the Tool Bench, you can create it with the workbench. Once you have a craft bench, you can create a basket with 5 sticks.
- Once you have another basket in your inventory, you can hold five more items in your inventory than usual.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for The Blockheads. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!