Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child Tips
Check out our walkthrough for Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child.
- Collect any dream pieces and gold nuggets you see as soon as possible. Trying to gather them later on is a pain. You don’t need to get them all, actually only a small amount, but they help make up your highscore at the end.
- To find the star constellations, check this sky map:
Chapter 1 – Treehouse
- Grab the Dream Journal next to the window and a crystal ball will appear in the room, and a man will talk to you.
- When the ball starts burning, grab the jar from the shelves, then take it from your inventory and use it twice to put out the fire. Grab the crystal ball, and the mysterious man will talk to you again.
- Leave the bedroom.
Brenna’s House Entrance – the first dream jewel
- Grab the small key from the roof’s support beam.
- Now collect all three Dream pieces and the Dream jewel.
Brenna’s House Entrance – open the sewing room
- As you try to go to the sewing room, suddenly the room changes, and the door closes.
- In order to open the door again, use the grey key on the door lock, and grab the door handle and put it on the door. Go through to the sewing room.
- As you enter the sewing room, another strange thing happens, as your mat is cut into pieces and scattered around, and your sewing machine is broken.
- Grab the two mat pieces from the wall.
- Use the key from the bedroom on the right drawer to find a mat piece.
- Grab the small key next to the door, and use it on the left drawer to find a small wheel, and place it on the sewing machine.
- Grab the green thread from next to the sewing machine, and place it on the missing spool on the sewing machine.
- Grab the small key next to the wind.
- Go back to the bed room and get the big iron wheel.
- Use the small key from the sewing room to open the locked chest and find the last mat piece.
- In the house entrance, grab the belt from the floor, and collect two dream pieces.
- Place two mat pieces on the “area for fabric”, and use the foot paddle to sew them together. Add another one to it, and then the fourth piece to complete the mat. Put the mat back on the floor in the house entrance, and your door will re-appear. Go outside.
Outside Brenna’s house
- When you come outside, you find a note, and soon after an earthquake occurs, crumbling the bridge.
- Check the tree stump, and then find the 8 colored stones. Once you’ve found them, sort them onto the tree stump and a rock bridge will appear. Cross it and go through the gateway.
- When you pass through the gateway, you arrive in the Nexus, a central hub via which you can access different areas. In order to open another gateway, and visit the next area, you need to collect dream jewels, and match the colors so that they correspont to the colored gems above the closed gateway.
First collect the metallic object.
- Now pull the handle and the gateways will move, putting you in front of a closed gateway with 1 orange and 2 blue gems. From your inventory, select the two dream jewels, and turn them around so that their combined colors match the gems above the gateway, and the gateway will open. Go through.
Chapter 2 – Herbalist’s House
- Welcome to the Herbalist’s House. Right now, all you can do is go outside.
Outside Herbalist’s House
- As soon as you get out, the door slams close behind you and is covered in dirt.
- You need to get water to clean it off.
- First get all three metalic objects, windmill blades, from this scene.
Herbalist’s Garden – find the windmill blades
- Find the remaining three metalic objects in the garden, and return to outside the house.
Outside Herbalist’s House – fix the windmill
- Put all the metalic objects you’ve found on the windmill, and then place the bolt -the silves metalic object under the mill- on top of it. Grab the empty bucket and fill it with water from the water tank. Use one bucket of water to clean the door.
- Part of the pumpkin disappeared, so you need to get another part. Return to the garden.
Herbalist’s Garden – get a pumpkin
- Grab the hammer and use it to smash the scarecrow.
- Pick up the pieces of the pumpkin and return to the outside of the house.
Outside Herbalist’s House – fix the windmill
- Place the pieces of pumpkin next to the half pumpkin on the door and open it.
Herbalist’s Kitchen – prepare first two potions
- Get the match from the floor, and light the fireplace.
- Click on the book to open it, and follow its instructions.
- NOTE: If you do something incorrectly, just exit the kitchen and re-enter to reset all of the ingredients.
- Read the book again and choose to prepare the Quick Ripen Potion.
- All ingredients are found on the kitchen shelves atop the fireplace.
- Go to the garden and use the Quick Ripen Potion on the green pumpkins to get a ripened pumpkin.
- Read the book again and choose to prepare the Instant Growth Potion.
- A drop of rainwater can be gotten from the wet umbrella in the entrance.
- Prepare the Memory Recovery Potion – part 1
- Read the book again and choose to prepare the Memory Recovery Potion.
- To get the freshly cut rose, you will need to take a few steps.
- First grab the grey rose seeds from the shelves and go outside to the garden.
- Grab the scarecrow’s stick from the path in the back.
- Grab the scarecrow’s dress from the ground, and see it’s torn.
- Sew the scarecrow’s dress
- Go back through the nexus gate to your house.
- When you arrive outside your house, the steps to your house are magically scattered.
- Collect them all and place them back.
- Go to the sewing room and sew the scarecrow’s dress.
Prepare the Memory Recovery Potion – part 2
- Now return to the Herbalist’s Garden, place the stick back onto the scarecrow, and place the restored dress and the riped pumpkin to restore the scarecrow.
- Dig a hole in the earth behind the scarecrow, and plant the silver rose seeds.
- Use the Instant Growth Potion on the seed underground and a grey rose plant will grow. Grab one.
- Finish the Memory Recovery Potion by following the rest of the recipe.
- Use the laddle to get the heated ingredients out of the cauldron.
- After preparing the Memory Recovering Potion, a drawer in the kitchen table opens and gives you a symbol.
- Return to the Nexus.
Chapter 3 – Forging Area
- Place the symbol on the board floor in front of the handles and a secret stairway will open.
- Open the stairway.
- Go down.
- There’s nothing to do here right now, so go to the building on the bottom left.
- Opening this door is a fairly simple puzzle.
- The key is to line up all the planets so they’re facing north, by pushing the three buttons on the bottom.
- The buttons move two planets at a time.
- The trick to solving the puzzle is quite simple: click a button often enough for two planets to line up correctly, and then click the next button.
- Grab the two metallic objects and place them in the mechanisms.
- Use the handle to open the window further, and light the room.
- As the room lights up though, the planets -or spheres- are scattered around, and you see a lot of other items laying around as well. From this room, and the two other area’s, collect planets, dream jewels and gold nuggets and two telescope lenses, along with a small key, a viewfinder, four logs and a magnifying glass. You will find one planet right in front of the door.
- Use the small key to open the locked chest, and find the magic book inside.
- Place it on the reading position on the left and read it. Follow the instructions.
- After you collect all planets, return them to their shelves. There are only two shelves, so if one doesn’t fit on the first, place it on the other. You need not worry about the planet’s exact location.
- Turning day into night, requires you to click on the planet’s names in the correct order, starting from the sun: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn.
- Now that it has turned to night, place the viewfinder at the end of the telescope.
- Select one of the telescope lenses in the telescope slot, and look through it.
- Search the stars to find the constellation matching the one on your cursor.
- Do the same with the other telescope lense.
- After finding the constellations, you will be given molds for jewels.
- Go to the fireplace and place the four logs in the fireplace.
- Use the magnifying glass on the logs and it will light them.
- Place one of the molds in the hole left of the fireplace, and place a gold nugget on top.
- Do this for both molds to get two Dream Jewels.
- Back to the nexus, up to the next chapter
- Return to the nexus, and pull the left handle to the gateway next to the Herbalist’s House.
- Select your two latest Dream Jewels and turn them to match the colors of the gems above the gateway.
Chapter 4 – My Home
- First visit to Fairy Retreat
- The next gateway will lead you to Fairy Retreat, however, all you can do there for now is collect a number of items, along with the Telescope Lenses. Now leave this area, and return to the telescope room in the forging area under the nexus.
- Forge more dream jewels
- In the telescope room, read the magic book and press the night button. Now check the Telescope Lenses to get two more molds.
- Go to the fireplace and turn the molds into dream jewels.
- Return to the Nexus, pull the left handle, and use your newly acquired dream jewels to open the next gateway.
Return Home – tiles
- Welcome home!
- On the ground floor, collect 2 tiles.
- Go up, and collect 9 tiles in the hallway.
- Enter Fayes and Fidget’s room on the right to find the last 3 tiles.
- Now return to the ground floor and place all the tiles back on the floor.
- When all the tiles are placed, click on the floor to start a puzzle.
- The strategy for this puzzle is basically quite simple: start in one corner, and block by block, turn one block with it’s neighbour so they are matching, and move on to the next.
My Home – Lyra’s toys
- Go up the stairs, and go into Lyra’s room to the left.
- Grab the key from the end of the bed, and use it to open the locked chest.
- When the rug falls out, all of Lyra’s favorite toys are scattered around the house.
- Collect the ball next to the chest, and then collect the remaining 8 toys (see screenshtos below):
- When you return, place them in the correct order on the ground.
- Use the image below, or the scrap of paper on the shelves to find out the order.
- When the toys are in the correct order, a key will appear in the middle of the rug.
- Grab it and go downstairs, and use the key to open the drawer in the bottom of the stairs.
Chapter 5 – Fairy Retreat
Enter the retreat
- Go back to the nexus, and go through the fairy retreat gateway.
- Take the gondola down to the island.
- Grab the teardrop shape and put it on the door to start a sequence-puzzle.
- The order is: 7 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7 – 6 – 7 (1 is top and count clock-wise, 7 in the middle)
- Enter and continue forward until you reach the tea room.
- The next section of the game includes several mazes. Please use the screenshot below to help you navigate them. (Click on the image to enlarge it.)
- Each square represents one click, and it’s in a checkerboard pattern to help you see individual squares. The squid and mermaid icons represent where certain statues appear in the maze.
- Red X’s indicate where the player will begin the maze when entering/leaving through the corresponding door (shown with a red square closest to it.) Not all doorways have the red X, as you can begin at the actual doorway itself with those few.
(map image and description by Tawny Ditmer.)
- As you enter, the tea set on the table is scattered.
- Go to the door on the left, and play another sequence-puzzle.
- As you enter the maze, go FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD.
- As you enter, the colored candles are removed and scattered.
- Grab the cup and go back through the door to the maze.
- Go FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD to reach the tea room again.
- In the tea room, take the door on your right, with another sequence-puzzle.
- In the maze, go FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD.
- As you enter, the organ-type instrument scatters pieces all over.
- Find 4 boards, 3 mallets, 2 balls, 5 candles, 2 plates and 2 cups around the room.
- Now place the boards, mallets and balls onto the instrument and click on it.
Music room – play the instrument
- The goal here is to click on a sphere, and then follow the sequence it plays on the shells.
- First sphere (tea spoon) sequence: 1 – 5 – 3 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 1
- Second sphere (tea pot) sequence: 2 – 3 – 4 – 3 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 4 – 2 – 1
- Third sphere (tea spoon) sequence: 8 – 1 – 1 – 8 – 8 – 1 – 1 – 5 – 4 – 6 – 5 – 7 – 8
- Fourth sphere (candle) sequence: 1 – 2 – 4 – 5 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 8
- Fifth sphere (tea spoon) sequence: 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 8 – 1
Return the candles
- Return to the meditation room.
- To get to the tea room, go FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD.
- To get to the meditation room, go FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD.
- Here, put the colored candles on the 6 candelabra, and get the last plate in return.
- Return to the team room going FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD.
Complete the tea set
- When you return to the tea room, click on the table, and now put all the tea items in place.
- To know which item to place where, look for the form on it (square, cross or triangle) and put it on that side of the table. When everything is placed back, you will get a tear drop.
- Go to the tear drop door which will lead you to Lillith and use the tear drop to open the cover.
- Play another sequence puzzle to open it.
Steam bath tunnel
- Go FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD through the maze to reach the steam bath tunnel.
- Turn the valves here to turn off the steam until you can pass through.
- In the maze, go FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD;
- TURN LEFT, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT;
- FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, TURN LEFT, FORWARD, TURN RIGHT, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD.
- When you finally reach Lilith’s retreat, you find her asleep.
- Click on the keyhole and the key will fall out. Use the paper under the door to get both the key and the Waking Potion recipe.
Prepare the Waking Potion
- Go through the nexus gate and eturn to the Herbalist’s kitchen and prepare the Waking Potion using the directions on the recipe. Once it’s prepared, return to Lilith, open the door with the key and wake her up.
When she talks to you, reply with the following answers:
– Where’s Lyra?
– Instructions? You mean the notes I found?
– But why would you help me?
– No. Who is the Dream Librarian?
– That sounds familiar. Can you remind me?
– Lyra? The Fairy Lord? No. It’s too much to expect from her. She’s only a child. My child!
– Because I see you have your own selfish interests at heart, I will trust you.
– What kind of magic?
– Just tell me what to do, I can handle it.
– What is the potion for?
– Yes, I know the one you mean. She loves that bear!
– I’ll do it.
- When you’re done talking, she gives you the recipe to the Root Shriveling Potion.
- Collect the 4 Telescope Lenses, and go to the Telescope Room via the nexus.
- Find the consellations again, and make new Dream Jewels.
Chapter 6 – Magic Tree
Prepare the Root Shriveling Potion
- Go the Herbalist’s kitchen and prepare the Root Shriveling Potion using the directions on the recipe. Once it’s prepared, return to the nexus and open the last gateway, leading to the Magic Tree. Go through.
- There are two ways to end the game.
- You can use the Root Shriveling Potion on the stairway to your right to end the game right away, or you can take a few extra steps to do it properly.
- Open the door and use the Root Shriveling potion on the roots to free the Teddy Bear.
- Return to My Home and place the teddy bear at the bottom of the stairs to start the end sequence.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME.
ENJOY THE ENDING.