Game Introduction – Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
Form a battle brigade with your friends in Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade, an exciting new RPG from Square Enix and Mobage! Fight against formidable enemies as you enter magical realms, customize your power house character with jobs, abilities, and weapons and make friends with magical creatures as you join the royal airborne brigade and restore light once again to the guardian crystal! Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade can be found by clicking on the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- The game begins with the storyline being read to you and in text form along the bottom of the screen. Tap through the dialogue arrows at the far right as you read the screens.
- You will be asked if you would like push notifications sent to your device when you load the game for the first time. You can change your notifications settings at any time in the main menu located along the bottom of the screen. Tap on “Settings” then adjust your notifications.
- You can even set notifications to turn off during the evening hours.
- TIP – Unfortunately the game only works in PST and there is currently no way to change time zones in the game so be sure to adjust accordingly if you are in a different time zone than the game. This also applies to battle times and brigade times.
- You must authenticate your device before you are allowed to play the game. This will link your device’s serial number to your account ID.
- Tap the “Authenticate” button to proceed. All information is encrypted and is never given to others at any time.
- Note – Once you authenticate using your ID you will not be able to play the game with a different ID.
- You will next be asked to sign in with either Facebook or your Mobage account. (If you don’t have one, you can sign up from this screen.)
- This will allow you to connect with your Facebook friends that are also playing the game as well as meeting new players.
Selecting your Character Gender and first Job
- When you begin the game you will be taken to a screen where you will first choose your gender and then you will choose your job from the list below which you will have to scroll through.
- Each character with a job has a preferred weapon.
- Jobs include;
- Black Mage
- White Mage
- Red Mage
- You can always go back and change gender or jobs at any time.
Main Menu/Game Settings
- Along the bottom of the screen you will always see a series of buttons to guide you in the game. Tap on the “Menu” button and you will be taken to the screen shown above.
- This menu is broken into categories which will take you anywhere you need to go into the game.
Starter and Daily Login Bonuses
- Every twenty four hours when you log into the game you will be rewarded with a bonus gift which will include currency, food for Chocobos and other enhancement items.
Forming Parties for Extra Login Bonuses
- You have the option to search for other players in the game and invite them to a party you have formed. If they accept your invitation you will all receive potions in your login bonuses and the number of potions you can use per day will increase.
- The maximum number of people in a party is 10.
- Login bonuses are in effect from 5am PST to 5am PST the next day.
- NOTE – Becoming a party member will assure that you and other members are always assigned to the same brigade.
- You must send out a request and wait for acceptance into another player’s party and you must approve those that ask to join yours.
Asking to join a Party
- Tap on “Search for members” in the main menu or tap on the “Event” button at the bottom of the screen. You can also find a link to searching for members on the daily login bonus screen.
- Now you will be taken to a screen where you can scroll down and see the names and stats of other players. (Not necessarily people you know from Facebook)
- Take note of how many people are in the party and try to join those with the highest number of members. (Maximum 10)
- Tap on “Send Request” and you will be notified in your messages area if you have been accepted.
- You can only belong to one party at a time.
- Mog is the cute little white monster carrying a red balloon that acts as your tutorial guide in the game. He will give you advice when needed. When you see a “Mog’s Advice” button tap on it to read it as it will help you make the best game choices.
- Mog Box – This is where all gifts from the King, Chocobo sighting information, and rewards for defeating bosses or Espers are temporarily sent. Whenever you defeat an enemy the King will reward you with all kinds of different items such as currency, SR weapons, recovery and enhancing items and more.
- You can access your Mog Box from the main menu and will need to go there to claim these rewards and move them into your inventory for later use.
- Note – All items in your Mog box are deleted after twenty days and Chocobo sighting information is deleted after forty eight hours.
- Any items unclaimed after twenty days will be lost forever.
- There are two types of currency used in the game. Tap on “Event” at the bottom of the game screen to see your status menu which will show you how many “Gil” or basic currency you have on hand.
- Gil – This is the basic game currency of which you can earn by defeating bosses and/or Espers or by selling unneeded weapons or abilities. As you complete quests the King will reward you with large amounts of Gil.
- You will need to use Gil to enhance or evolve items you need for battle.
- KP – This is the premium currency of the game. You can use this currency to purchase special bundled items which include potions, and food for Chocobos or Espers.
- KP must be purchased with real currency. You can access the purchase menu by tapping on any purchase button within the game shop. (Tap on “Shop” from the main menu) This will prompt a question asking you if you would like to purchase the bundle and once you answer “Yes” the purchase menu shown in the image above will appear. KP is sold in bundles and the more you purchase the less you will pay overall.
- Purchases are considered “In app” purchases and will be charged to your mobile device.
- Prices of KP bundles range from $.99 to $99.99 USD. The larger the bundle you purchase the better overall rate you will receive.
Shop (Purchasing and Selling items)
- You can access the game shop from the main menu or from special screens suggesting items you should purchase to enhance a weapon or renew time.
- Scroll down with your fingertip to see the various items you can purchase in sets.
- You are only allowed to purchase one set at a time.
- These sets can include foods such as “Vomp carrots” which are the favorite food of Espers. You may also purchase potions which can restore LB and “Ether” which restores BP (Battle points)
- Selling items – Tap on the “Sell” tab which will take you to the selling menu. You will only be able to sell items for a fraction of their original cost but it is wise to sell unneeded items and use the Gil for more useful weapons and enhancements.
- Auto Sell – There is also a screen to configure automatic selling. You can set abilities and treasure chests to be automatically sold but scrolls cannot be auto-sold at any time.
- There are several acronyms in the game. Here is a key to help you understand what they stand for.
- BP – “Battle Points” These are required in order to battle Espers. You can perform a normal attack with one BP and an all-out attack with 3 BP. BP recovers over time or you can restore them with various potions or items which can be purchased in the shop.
- SP – “Support Points” You earn these by leaving messages for other players in your brigade. You can only store a maximum of 300 SP at a time.
- You can exchange 100 SP for 1 BP up to three times a day.
- The usage time for your SP is reset at 5AM PST daily.
- LP – (Energy points) LP is needed when you go on quests and is used as your battle energy and you spend it each time you attack.
- You recover LP over time but can use recovery items such as “X Potions” which can be purchased in the game shop to give you a few more LP to battle with.
- Each time you level up in the game your LP meter is fully restored to its maximum. The maximum amount of LP you can have also increases by one point each time you level up in the game.
- KP – This is the premium currency in the game in which you can purchase bundle kits with potions, food, weapons and other enhancements to help you in battle. (See “Currency” above for more information.)
- EXP – This stands for “Experience Points” and you earn them while you are in battle during quests. As you earn them you will level up in the game which refills your LP meter and increases its maximum capacity.
- ATK – This stands for “Attack” and represents the number of attack points on hand for an item.
- DEF – This stands for “Defense” and represents the number of defense points on hand for an item.
- STR – This stands for “Strength” and refers to strength of your abilities.
- AGI – This stands for “Agility”
- INT – This stands for “Intelligence”
- Tap on the “Airship” button along the bottom of the screen to access this area.
- This is a flying ship that allows each player to fly into the “Esper” realm and do battle.
- You must have at least 1 BP to fly your airship into the Esper realm.
- In the game you will go on quests to fight monsters in search of new abilities and to find gate crystals which expand the areas you can explore. You only use LP for quests and use a little with each battle. Once you run out you will need to rest and let them regenerate or use a potion to regenerate a portion of them.
- Tap on the “Quest” button along the bottom of the game screen and you will be introduced to your first quest. Quests are done in order one at a time.
- Tap on “Explore” to see your first quest location. There are usually several of them per area.
- You will now be taken to a quest screen. Note that you can go back and repeat battles you have already completed but you can’t move ahead until you defeat your current quest.
- Now you will see your game character holding the weapon you have assigned. (See “Assigning Weapons and Enhancements” below for more information on how to change)
- Progress screen – Along the bottom you will see the progress screen. This shows how much progress has been accomplished in your current quest which is usually ten percent at a time.
- It also shows how many LP you have used and have left to use.
- The bottom line shows how many EXP you need to make it to the next level in the game which will replenish all LP and increase the LP maximum.
- You must tap on “Advance” each time to attack a monster. You will do this several times until the quest is cleared.
- If you are successful you will see a message appear at the top of the screen which also tells you how many EXP you have won for the defeat.
- The amount of EXP rewarded varies based on the level of the monster you defeat.
- Once the quest is completed you will clear the quest and will unlock the next location.
Chocobos/Feeding Chocobos for Abilities
- While you are fighting during your quests you will occasionally run into either black or yellow “Chocobos” which will if fed reward you with abilities you can use in your brigade battles.
- Yellow Chocobos – Favorite food is “Gysahl Greens” which are in unlimited quantities in your inventory. Tap on the button to feed them when they approach you.
- Black Chocobos – Favorite food is “Vomp Carrots” which are much harder to come by. You may need to purchase these from the shop. You can try to feed them “Gysahl greens” if you do not have carrots but they may not like them. Once you feed a black Chocobo something it is happy with you will earn very helpful abilities.
- Once fed you will be taken to a reward screen as in the image above. Here the reward was a potion, Ether x 1, and 3000 Gil. These items are placed in your “Mog Box” and you must go there to claim them and add them to your inventory.
- Remember you only have twenty days to claim any reward items in your Mog box.
Enhancing Abilities/Weapons/Summon Stones
- Once rewarded with abilities from Chocobos or purchasing them in the shop you will have the ability to enhance them making them more powerful for use during brigade battles.
- Go into your inventory and scroll through the list of abilities you have on hand. Tap on “Enhance”
- You will have to pay large amounts of Gil in order to enhance a weapon, ability, or summon stone.
- Combining – You also can purchase the ability to combine lesser levels of items to make them more powerful.
- Note that after the combining is completed you will see a summary of your ATK and DEF points and will see how they have increased.
- It is well worth the cost to combine and upgrade weapons and abilities anytime you can.
Equip your Character for Battle/Evolve Equipment
- You will need to go into your inventory and then tap on “Equip” to give your character the most powerful weapons and enhancements you have on hand.
- You may need to combine them or purchase more items.
- If you do not have enough powerful items complete quests to earn them before you begin fighting for your brigade.
- Evolve – Tap on “Evolve” and follow the options to evolve your character into a stronger form. You will need to pay for this evolution with game currency.
Forming a Brigade
- Brigades allow you and other members to team up and fight against powerful bosses known as “Espers” You will need to battle them and earn their respect so that you may ask them for their help in restoring light to the remaining guardian crystal.
- You are placed in a brigade once every week and you will fight Espers alongside your brigade members. You will also be racing against rival brigades. Each person that participates will earn points and your goal is to score more points than other brigades by defeating as many Espers as you can in a one week time period.
- Each time your brigade successfully defeats a boss everyone in the brigade is rewarded with Gil and powerful weapons.
- Each player gets assigned to a brigade once per week every Sunday.
- You must have BP in order to use your airship and to fight against Espers for your brigade.
- You can purchase “Ether” to restore BP or you will restore all three BP when you level up in the game.
- TIP – As soon as you level up make it a habit to go into brigade battle.
Going into Battle
- Once you have equipped your character with the most powerful weapons and abilities you have on hand you will be able to battle for your brigade.
- Tap on “Brigade” to go to the battle menu.
- Normal Attack – You have the option to spend one BP for a “Normal Attack” This deals a normal amount of damage to the boss your brigade is fighting.
- All-Out Attack – Use all three of your BP to deal as much heavy damage to the boss as possible.
Battle Results/Battle Rewards
- Here you will be shown the total amount of damage dealt to the boss and you can tap on the “Receive rewards” button at the bottom to access your Mog box and add these items to inventory.
- If you BP points are gone you can wait until they regenerate to fight again.
- Remember you and your brigade have a limited amount of time to fight this boss and earn rewards so be sure to log in frequently.
- Gate Crystals
- During quest battles you may find a gate crystal. If you do a message will appear along the top of the screen as well as an icon will be shown.
- Gate crystals open the gate to the Esper realm so you can go inside and explore more locations.
- The crystals have encounter rates which are low are high. Blue are low encounter rates and are the most common. Yellow are the high encounter rate crystals and will help during various times which are shown in the menu.
Send Message to Brigade when you enter the Esper Realm
- You have the option to notify members of your brigade that you have found a gate crystal and this will allow you to automatically challenge an enemy in battle. You can score a high level of damage points and earn rare weapons to share with others.
- The message recipients are automatically chosen from among your brigade members.
- Be sure to send out messages immediately as they can expire.
- Game Tips/Additional Information
- When you level up in the game your LP is fully restored to its maximum and the maximum is increased by one point. Your maximum ability and weapon costs also increase by one. You will also have three BP restored if you happen to have less than that at the time you level up.
- Reporting sightings to other brigade members will earn you SP and will give the other members a chance to get advanced abilities as well. You can select one to two members from a scroll down list of your current brigade members. You must do this within the next 48 hours or you will lose your chance to share.
- LP points are used for quest battles and BP points are used for brigade battles. Each one regenerates over time or you can purchase potions in the shop to regenerate all of some of them using premium currency known as KP.
- When you encounter a black Chocobo and you do not have his preferred food of “Vomp carrots” on hand you should go ahead and feed him the “Gysahl grass” as there is a fifty percent chance he may like it and reward you with new abilities. If he does not like it, you will lose the chance at winning abilities but there is no other penalty.
- Log in regularly to battle and earn points for your brigade. Brigades with the highest point scores will win large amounts of currency and abilities for its members.
- Always share discoveries with other brigade members to make them stronger as well. The stronger everyone is the better your overall score and the more you win.
- At this time all time limits in the game are based on PST and there is no way to change the time zone. Be sure if you are working on a time based battle that you know what time it ends as well as when you enhancements or gifts may expire.
You have completed the basic quick start guide for Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade by Mobage games. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo.