Game Introduction – CoasterVille
CoasterVille is an online simulation game created by Zynga. Roll up your sleeves and try your hand at creating the greatest theme park the world has ever seen! Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- CoasterVille is free to play. Click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page to play!
- It’s important to acquaint yourself with the various buttons and meters displayed around your screen.
- Park Cash- This is the game’s secondary currency. It’s the rarest form and is worth more than Coins. Use this to purchase premium items.
- Coins- This is the game’s primary currency. You can collect Coins from businesses and the Front Gate of your park.
- Popularity- This displays how popular your park is with people. The more popular your park, the more visitors you will get, and the more items you will unlock. You can increase popularity by building new attractions.
- Energy- Use this to complete tasks and basic functions. Energy requires time to recharge after being spent. You can earn more Energy by leveling up.
- XP- Also known as Experience, this bar displays how much you’ve earned, and how much you’ve yet to earn to get to the next level. You can earn XP by completing actions in your park.
- Thrill Points- You can earn these by boosting attractions. Thrill points are often required when building new attractions and completing tasks.
- Options- Toggle game settings from here.
- Inventory- This is where items you have earned, found, or bought are kept.
- Design Mode- By clicking this, you can access options such as Move, Rotate, Store Item, Sell, or the Paint and the Path Tool to apply to your park and the objects within.
- Build- This acts as the game’s “store”. From here, you can purchase new attractions and items to be placed within your park.
- Friends- Your friends are displayed here. From here you can invite new friends to the game, or you may choose to visit existing friends.
- Tasks- These are challenges given to you to progress your park. By completing these, you will learn new things about park management, as well as unlock special rewards.
How to Play
- First thing’s first: you’ll need to learn how to build new attractions! To do this, simply click on the “Build” button in the lower right corner of the screen. Select the attraction, business, etc. you would like to build. You will be able to see how much it costs, as well as the benefits associated with building it before you purchase by simply holding the cursor over the item. If it’s what you’re looking for, click on the button with the price on it to purchase.
- Once you’ve purchased an addition for your park, move it to an appropriate location. If it’s an attraction or business, you’ll want it next to a path. If the border around the addition is green, it means this is a suitable location to place it.
- Once an addition has been placed, you will have to build it. This requires 3 clicks, and each costs energy. With the final click, you will need to approve the final construction by fulfilling certain criteria, such as having a certain number of goods or thrill points, before the addition can be completed.
- By now you’re probably wondering the difference between an attraction and a business. Attractions are rides, and businesses are things such as ice cream stands, hat stalls, etc. These earn Coins, while attractions earn Thrill Points.
- There are certain rides, such as roller coasters, that can be expanded once they’ve been built. Expansions offer certain rewards, which will be displayed while you access this option. To do this, build the ride entrance, then click on an available adjacent square to move the ride building into that direction. Keep in mind each section is like building a new attraction, and will require both energy and requirements to be fulfilled before it’s operational.
- Once additional sections of a ride, such as a roller coaster, have been built, you will have the option to Move or Customize them. Click on a ride section to access these options. By clicking Customize, you can change the layout of the track for additional Coins or Park Cash, truly making it your own unique creation!
- Now that you have rides built and completed, they will have new unique options. Click on the ride to access options for that ride, such as Customize, Move, Boost, Expand, or Paint.
- Boost is an important option you will be using in your park. Boosts will give you extra Thrill Points, as displayed when you toggle your cursor over the “Boost” button. Every time you boost a ride, you will receive the Thrill Point bonus. However, be wary– boosting a ride too much will cause many guests to become severely nauseated and lose their lunches.
- Paint is another option you can access by clicking on a ride once it’s built. This option is fairly simple to master. Simply select “Paint”, then select the color you would like your ride to be. Some colors are free, while others require Park Cash to unlock.
- Businesses have their own set of unique options, too. They are: Move, Search, and Upgrade. Upgrade will allow you to build up your business to earn more profits, though you will also have to fulfill certain requirements by doing this.
- Search is an option unique to Businesses in your park. Depending on the business, searching may yield different results. In sort, the Search option allows you to try and find items as displayed, that are associated with that business, and add them to your inventory. By toggling your cursor over the Search button, you can see what item(s) you may find there via searching. Searching requires energy.
- Oftentimes when you Search or Boost a section of your park, pick-ups will drop around the area. Move your cursor over these to collect them.
- In addition to normal pick-ups and items that can be collected by Searching and Boosting within your park walls, you can also find pick-ups by Searching or Boosting rides in your friends’ parks. To visit a friend’s park, click on their icon at the bottom of the screen and select “Visit”. You have 5 Energy to spend in your friend’s park helping them out per day. Icons will appear over attractions and businesses you can interact with.
- Inspiration is another valuable item to be collected. You can find/earn Inspiration by visiting friends’ parks.
- There are two main ways to earn Coins: via businesses, and the Front Gate. Icons will appear over these when there are Coins to be collected. Simply click on them to collect, though note, like most actions, it costs energy.
- As you progress in the game, new Themes will be unlocked. These will be displayed as Tasks, which you can complete step-by-step by fulfilling various requirements. Each offers a reward, and at the end of the road, your newly themed area will be entirely unlocked.
- Design Mode is a great way to customize your park further. You can even access options such as changing the terrain of your park for additional theme and appeal.
- There will come a point in your game where you will need to start collecting Goods. These are often required to build, expand, and upgrade attractions and businesses. The Emporium stocks goods and can be found at the front of your park near the Front Gate. Click on it and select “Order Goods” to view ordering options. Choose the delivery method that’s right for your wallet and your time frame. Once an order is placed, a mandatory wait period will be initiated before you can pick up the Goods. Once complete, click on the crates in the road to collect them. Keep in mind, if you’re late collecting Goods, the shipments will end up damaged, and you will not receive as many as you initially ordered.
Tips and Tricks
- When you visit a friend’s park, the amount of Energy you have left to help out there will also be displayed on your cursor.
- You can change your park’s name by interacting with the Front Gate. Click on it and select “Rename Park” to change it at any time.
- If English isn’t your first language, or you prefer another, additional languages for the game can be selected by clicking the globe icon above the game window.
- Adding decorations to your park is an excellent way to boost your park’s popularity.
- Keep in mind, the main goal is to keep your guests happy. Make sure there are business options such as food and bathrooms always next to a path and readily available for them to access.
- Make the most of your time. Boost your rides whenever they’re at normal speed to gain additional Thrill Points, collect Coins from businesses whenever the moneybag icon appears over them, and order Goods in such a way that you make the most of your time and have them readily available when you need them.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for CoasterVille. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!