Game Introduction – Littlest Pet Shop
Littlest Pet Shop is a shopping simulation game from Hasbro and Gameloft where you’re given the opportunity to run the cutest pet shop around. Making sure you don’t squander that opportunity should be your top priority and Gamezebo’s quick start guide has all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs to ensure that doesn’t happen.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Littlest Pet Shop is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Upon starting the game for the first time, you will be shown a short introduction video that will show you a few of the characters you’ll be playing with as you progress.
- You will then be introduced to one of the pets in the game, who will show you how to build your own pet shop among other things.
Adding Pets to your Town
- The first action you will complete in the game is to build an Art Studio. Having an Art Studio will allow your pets to start becoming artists.
- In the Tools menu that can be found in the lower right corner, you will find the Art Studio under the “Houses” tab. To place an Art Studio, tap on “Place” under it.
- The Art Studio will now be placed and built. It will take some time for the house to be built, so you can complete other actions while you wait.
- If you don’t want to wait for construction to complete, you can spend Bling to complete it instantly and automatically. Beware though, that Bling can only be acquired by using real money.
- Now that you have built the Art Studio, it’s time to move a pet inside it. Tap on one of the stars on the inside of the studio to begin.
- Now, you will be taken to the selection menu that displays an array of available pets for you to choose from.
- The first dog you are able to choose is the Welsh Corgis. You can see how much a pet will cost you as an amount displayed below the animal.
- Tap on the price below the pet to purchase it and place it in the art studio. Just as with construction, it will take some time for the pet to arrive before you can start playing with it. You can skip it with Bling if you’d like.
- When the pet arrives, you will receive a popup with a description and stats about the pet. You can choose to care for the pet here, or view information about the breed itself.
- If you are ever lost, stuck, or just have no idea where to begin once you’re on your own, a good place to turn to is Quests. The in-game quest system has all sorts of goals you can complete that will always ensure you’re on the right track.
- You can access the quests by clicking on the “Quests” button in the lower left corner of the screen. This will pop-up a small menu showing any of the quests you are working on or are available to you.
- Tapping on any of the quest icons shows you a short description of the quest goal, along with the reward. If the goal needs to happen in a specific part of the game, you can tap on the context sensitive button on the quest popup.
- In the example above, we are told to clean our pet by tapping on its thought bubble. You can tap on the “Go there!” button to head to your pet right away.
- To complete the example goal, all we need to do is tap on the thought bubble above our pet’s head. Doing so will automatically take us to the cleaning area, where we can then tap on the soap and bubbles option to clean our pet.
- Cleaning the pet only requires that you rub the pet back and forth, making sure to comb over the dirty spots until it is deemed clean. Cleaning your pet also earns you additional coins and XP.
- When you complete a quest, a popup window automatically appears so you don’t have to complete the quest manually.
Caring for your Pet
- As we touched upon in the Quests section above, caring for your pet is an important aspect of playing with a happy pet. Let’s go over how to keep your pet clean.
- Tap on your pet and then on the “Care” button within the window. Now, you will be shown a list of the available care options for your pet.
- You can choose to wash your pet with the “Wash Time” option. Here, you can choose between the free soap and bubbles, hairbrush, and hair dryer options.
- The different cleaning options play mostly the same. Both the soap and bubbles and brush option just have you rubbing your pet until they are clean. The hair dryer however, has you holding the hair dryer a bit away from the pet until it is dry.
- “Yum Yum Time” is where you can feed your pet treats. What you are doing in these mini-games is tossing various snacks at your pet. Place your finger on the treat plate, and then repeatedly flick them towards your pet. Your pet should then catch the treats automatically until you’ve run out.
- The final option is called “Toy Time” and is where you can have a little bit of fun playing with your pet’s toys. This mini-game is played a lot like the “Yum Yum Time” variety, although instead of treats you are flicking balls at your pet.
- There is a bit more than just flicking the ball at your pet once though, as your pet will serve it back to you and you’ll need to do the same. Tennis with dogs would have probably been a more appropriate name.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Littlest Pet Shop. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!