Game Introduction – Monster Hospital
Monster Hospital is a hospital simulation game from BeeLine Interactive, where you’re tasked with building your very own hospital from the ground up. Making sure you have a hospital worthy of your patients is no easy task, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have an awesome hospital up and running in no time!
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Monster Hospital is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- When you start the game for the first time, you will be taken to a screen where you can change settings or play the game.
- The Options menu allows you to toggle Push Notifications, as well as adjust volume controls, which can be helpful if you plan on playing the game anywhere.
- When you push on the “Play” button, you will be taken to your hospital and introduced to Dorothy. Dorothy will give you helpful tips as you go along so your best bet is to listen and heed what she has to say.
How to Play
- One of the first things we will need to learn how to do is help sick patients that come into your hospital. To do that, we need to learn how to use the Triage chair.
- When you see a sick patient come into your hospital, you can tap on them to pick them up by holding on them. While still holding the patient, you can drag them to a vacant triage chair in the waiting room.
- Once placed, the triage chair will take time to complete. Once it’s done, it will be time to move on to diagnosis. To do that, you need to move a patient from the triage chair to the diagnosis bed.
- At the diagnosis table, you will need to tap on the icons above the patients’ head to perform tests. This will determine what illness your patient has in order for you to cure it.
- After diagnosis, you can then drag the patient to a treatment machine. As with diagnosis and triage, it will take time for it to complete.
- The final step of helping your sick patients is to move them to a recovery bed. Recovery will likely take the longest of all, so this is where you will likely have to come back to the game or spend Vitamins to complete instantly.
- Vitamins can only be acquired by purchasing them, so be extra careful when thinking about spending them. You don’t want to be stuck later on without them!
- When the patient has recovered, you can drag him to the exit conveyor belt. The patient will then leave the hospital, allowing you to tend to the next set.
- As you cure and discharge patients, you will receive a rating based on how quickly and accurately a patient was cured. Depending on how well the patient recovered, you will receive a rating that will add to your hospital’s overall rating.
- Increasing your hospital’s rating will allow you to purchase new items and upgrades that make it easier to cure.
- The basic mode of play is the Emergency mode, where you can select a level to play that is sorted by difficulty. Each round has a special DNA monster that is more difficult to get rid of than the rest.
- You can access the Emergency menu by tapping on the “Play” button in the upper right corner.
- Under each of the available emergencies, you can see the rewards available. The general rule is that the higher difficulty levels will earn you better rewards.
- You can also see the major reward that you can unlock by completing the level. These tend to be much better rewards than the rest, and most of them are a mystery heading in.
- When you start the emergency, you are set on a timer that will continually count down as you play. You must complete all patients before the time runs down.
- Occasionally, a DNA honor monster will visit your hospital. Make sure you heal this monster quick, it will unlock the ability to use them as part of your staff. You will know it is an Honor monster because the icon above it will be gold.
- It’s never a good idea to leave a monster without treatment in your hospital for long. They will leave if their hearts drop too much, and your hospital will lose rating and money.
- At the end of an emergency run, you will be shown a results screen that shows how well you performed, as well as the rewards you earned while playing.
- One of the rewards you can earn while playing are spins in a slot machine style mini-game after a round.
- Tapping on “Spin” starts the machine and earns you bonus rewards each time such as new staff members, upgrades and extra coins.
Upgrades and Recruiting
- After each round of play, you will earn coins you can use to upgrade your hospital with.
- To upgrade, all you have to do is tap on the area of the hospital you’d like to do this with.
- Some upgrades are not available unless you achieve a certain hospital rating, so you may have to play some more emergencies before you can start upgrading items.
- Most items in your hospital can be upgraded a maximum of five times, which gives you plenty of play time before you have the most able equipment.
- If you decide that your current staff just isn’t cutting it, you can head into the game’s store and hire new staff. Having better staff means more efficient service, which means happier patients.
- When you have better service and happier patients, your hospital rating will grow allowing you to keep improving your hospital more and more.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Monster Hospital. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!