Game Introduction – Pet Rescue Saga
Pet Rescue Saga is an action puzzle game created by King.com. Make your way through a variety of levels in this match-3 style adventure as you rescue pets from the malicious animal catchers! Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Pet Rescue Saga is free to play. Click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page to play!
- When starting up the game for the first time, you may need to approve certain permissions before you can play.
- It’s important to affiliate yourself with the screen layout, and what the various elements mean.
- Coins- This is the game’s currency. You can earn Coins by completing puzzles and use them to purchase power-ups.
- Life- You’ll start with a maximum of 5 lives, represented by a number within a heart. Every time you successfully complete a puzzle, no life will be deducted. However, everytime you fail a puzzle, one life will be deducted. When you’re down to 0, you will no longer be able to play until your lives recharge. It takes about half an hour for a life to charge. As soon as you’re lower than 5, it will automatically start the countdown to recharge.
- Options- From here you can access game options. You can also choose to quit a puzzle early from here, though you will lose one life for doing so.
- % Complete- This meter is shown at the side of every puzzle and shows how close you are to 100% block completion.
- Score- Your current score is shown at the bottom of the screen. There is also a meter here with lines and stars, which show you how high your score needs to be to obtain a higher star rank.
- When you complete a stage, you will be taken to the Map.
- From the Map, you can select the level you’d like to play. Levels that can be selected with have a colored patch and a number visible. Levels that cannot yet be accessed will appear to be plain. When you’ve completed a level, a certain number of stars will then appear over that space, displaying your score rank. When you’d like to play a level, simply click on that space.
- Rank– This is your simplified score. You need to achieve at least one star to complete a level. Three stars means you’ve gotten 100% block completion on that level. This is the highest rank.
How to Play
- The initial puzzle gameplay of Pet Rescue Saga is very simple. Click on any pair or more of colored blocks to remove them from the puzzle board.
- Goals can vary per level. Some goals will require you eliminate a certain percentage of the blocks on the board, some will require you obtain a certain score or higher, and some will require you to save a minimum number of animals. Some levels have more than one goal.
- Other levels have a maximum number of moves you can use to complete the puzzle. You must be especially strategic with your moves on these. The current number of moves left will be shown at the bottom of the screen.
- As you progress in the game, some stages will have a Column Blaster Rocket. This is a special item shown in the lower right corner of the screen. As you match blocks, the rocket will power up. Once ready, the fuse will light, and you’ll be able to hear it. Click on the rocket, then click on the column you would like to blast. Do this to remove all the blocks in that column.
- As you progress, you will also unlock other power-ups, such as the Block Buster. This will display when you start a level, and is visible in the lower right corner as you play. To use it, click on the it, then click on the normal or multiplier block you would like to use it on. The Block Buster will remove a single block from the board. When you run out of power-ups, you can purchase more with Coins via the Map or the puzzle screen.
- When saving animals, the goal is to drop them to the bottom of the screen so that there are no more blocks beneath them. When this happens, the animal will be able to walk off the puzzle board, and thus be saved. Blocks may be stacked on top of an animal’s head, or other animals, without penalty. As long as they touch the bottom of the board, they’re safe.
- Some animals will come inside carriers. In these cases, the carriers have a color and count as “blocks”. They must be matched with blocks of the same color in order to free the animal. Carriers of the same color can also be matched with each other.
- Sometimes blocks will have cages around them. In order to free these, you will need to match blocks around them to break them, or cause the cage to drop and break by matching blocks beneath them. Cages can be broken by rockets or bombs, though these will not break the blocks beneath at the same time. They must be broken separately.
- In addition, you will sometimes encounter multiplier blocks. These are blocks with small circular metal emblems on them with a “x2” mark. These blocks and worth double the score, and thus should be combined with as many other blocks as possible, when possible.
- Balloons will appear in certain levels. Clicking on these will cause all the corresponding colored blocks in the immediate view to disappear.
- Bombs will also make an appearance. Clicking on these will cause blocks immediately touching the bomb to be blown away. Bombs encased in glass must touch the bottom of the puzzle board before the case will be broken and the bomb can be used. (And don’t worry– bombs don’t hurt the animals.)
Tips and Tricks
- If you exit a puzzle before it is complete, you will automatically lose a life.
- While an animal is being “freed” from the board, you can continue to make block matches. This is very useful in cases where a pair might be moved if the animal were to move.
- When you have multiple animals to free, try to keep them as level as possible to prevent any accidentally slipping behind or falling into a crevice.
- Be careful when you have multiple animals to free! If the screen drops below the location of the animal, you will almost certainly immediately fail the level.
- Use power-ups sparingly. Try not to use them unless they can provide that one final move that can make the difference between a passed or failed puzzle, otherwise there’s a good chance they will just be wasted.
- Take your time! Oftentimes spending a few extra seconds looking over blocks and where they’ll end up can make the difference between success and failure of a puzzle.
- In order to get high scores, try to link as many blocks as possible in a single go. Be careful though– get too carried away with this, and you could end up failing the puzzle by not paying attention to the goal.
- Keep in mind that saving animals is worth a +1,000 point bonus each.
- Almost the only way to get a three-star rank is to clear the entire puzzle board of all the blocks.
- If you find yourself in a situation where you’ve got one column of blocks you can’t match, and one pair you can, use the rocket or a power-up to clear the column, then make the match to get a 3 star rank. Whenever you match the last pair, the puzzle will automatically end (unless it’s a limited moves puzzle).
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Pet Rescue Saga. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!