E.T. The Green Planet – Introduction
E.T. The Green Planet is a city building simulation game from Universal and Chillingo. With the help of everyone’s favorite alien and his kind, you are tasked with rebuilding E.T’s home world. Making sure the job’s done right is instrumental in your success, and with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll get it done in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. E.T. The Green Planet is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not for you.
- Upon the first time starting the game, you will be shown short introduction videos explaining a little bit about how things are the way they are.
- You will be introduced to the leader of E.T.’s world, who tells you that you are needed to rebuild this world with the assistance of E.T. and his special powers.
Rebuilding the Planet
- One of the first things you are tasked with in the game is to clear away invasive rocks that make it difficult to place new buildings and structures.
- To clear away these rocks, tap on them and then tap on the “Clear” button in the bottom right corner of the screen. You will be shown a confirmation that you’d like to clear the rocks. Tap on the check to finish.
- Once the rocks have been cleared, you will need to tap and collect your spoils. One of the spoils you’ll likely receive is XP, which allows you to level up and unlock new buildings as you go.
- Now that we have the rocks cleared, we can start building things in their place. One smart choice is the Soil Bed, which allows us to grow crops for extra money.
- Tap on the “Build” button in the lower right corner of the screen, and then tap on “Soil Bed” from within the menu.
- You will now be taken into placement mode, which allows you to place the bed anywhere you’d like in the garden. You can tap on it and hold to drag it where you’d like to place it, then on the Check to place it down permanently.
- Now you can tap on the Soil Bed to be shown its available crops. You will only be shown seeds that you currently own, and you’ll earn more soon enough.
- Another building that will be vital to our success is the Micro Tech Gourd. You should build one of these next, and place it somewhere down in the garden.
- You will have to wait for the Micro Tech Gourd to be constructed. If you’d rather not wait though, you can speed it up by tapping on it and selecting “Speed Up”. Speeding up the process does cost Healing Touches though, which can only be acquired by purchasing them.
- Nutrient beds allow our plants that we planted earlier with seeds to become more advanced, so it would be wise to go back to the build menu and construct one of those before moving on.
- The plant that we are growing will likely be a sapling quickly, so we should go over where to go from there. Tap on the sapling in the Soil Bed. Now tap the “Tend” button in the lower right corner.
- Tending the sapling will cost you nutrients and will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the tending has completed, you will now have a completed plant. In the screenshot above, you can see the completed Lota plant.
- To get the most out of your now fully-grown plant, you can place it in the Nutrient Bed. To do this, tap on the Soil Bed. Now tap the “Edit” button in the bottom right corner. Now drag it to the Nutrient Bed to move the plant to it.
- In the nutrient bed, the plant will continually produce nutrients that act as money.
- In the case of the Lota plant for example, it will produce 12 nutrients per minute and 100 a maximum capacity. Once the plant reaches capacity, you will need to tap on it, and then on “Collect” to earn the nutrients in the plant. If you don’t collect from the plant when it is at capacity, it will not be able to harvest any more nutrients until then.
- You can view this information on any plant by tapping on it and then selecting Info at the bottom of the screen.
- There is also a statistics screen that can provide more information about your garden. Tap on the XP button in the top right corner to view it. If you’d like, you can also view Movie Stills from the E.T. feature film if you’d like.
- A feature also found in the statistics screen is the ability to “Phone Home”. This feature is not fully unlocked yet, but you can keep checking back to see when it is!
- One way to make sure you always have a goal in mind is by completing various quests given to you.
- Quests in this game have only one goal for you to complete per quest.
- You can find quests by tapping on the “Quests” button in the left corner. This will bring up a list of available goals, along with ways to complete them.
- If you find yourself confused about any of the quests, you can tap on the question mark next to it if available. This will provide a helpful hint about what to do next in order to complete the quest.
- Every time you complete any sort of significant action that may be a part of a quest, you should come back to the Quests screen to see if you have a reward.
- When a quest shows a “Collect” button over it that means you’ve completed it. Tap on it to collect your spoils.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for E.T. The Green Planet. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!