Game Introduction – Wonder Zoo
Gameloft’s Wonder Zoo has you driving your jeep through amazing locations, rescuing stolen animals, restoring their health and bringing them home to a beautiful zoo oasis that you have built for them. Place fun buildings and décor, breed and crossbreed for rare animals and play along with your friends. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
Wonder Zoo can be found by clicking on the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- Push notifications – You will be asked if you would like the game to send you push notifications when you load the game the first time. You can change these settings any time in the settings area of your device under “application notifications”
- Signing in – You have the option of signing in via Facebook or via Gameloft
- Daily player bonus – Logging in daily will earn you bonus coins. Once every twenty four hours when you log in you will earn a coin bonus. If you log in each day consecutively you will earn a larger coin bonus each day up to day five which is the maximum awarding you premium currency and an extra lottery turn. After day four the daily bonus starts over again. This is a great way to get free coins so be sure to log in and don’t miss a day.
- The game has sixty levels and will you start out with six thousand coins and twenty of the premium peanut currency.
Game setting controls -To access the game settings menu tap on the tools icon at the top right of the game screen and when this menu drops down tap on “Settings” and you will see the menu shown in the image above. Here you can toggle the game music and sound effects, connect to networks, get game help, and adjust your push notifications for specific tasks.
- Gold coins -This is the basic game currency used to purchase items such as buildings, decorative items, breedings, animals, and expansions of land. You will earn gold coins each time you collect rent from a building or exhibit, and as a reward for quest completion
- Peanuts - This is the premium virtual currency that allows you to purchase privileges in the game such as special businesses that earn you higher coin payouts, instant quest completion, instant animal purchase or help with locating exotic animals and more.
- You are given twenty peanuts when you start the game for the first time and may use a few of them in the tutorial but at least ten you may use however you choose.
- Purchasing additional currency - You have the ability to purchase additional coins or premium peanuts by tapping on the “+” button to the right of the currency indicator at the top center of the game screen. You will now see the purchase menu and you will use real currency to purchase from various packages of coins or peanuts. This is considered an in app purchase and charged to your device according to how you have set it up to do so.
- Prices of peanuts and coins bundles range from $1.99 to $99.99 USD. The larger the bundle you purchase the better overall rate you will receive.
- XP (Experience points) – At the top left of the game screen you will see a blue star with a number in it. This number is your current level in the game.
- Each time the progress bar along the right of the star fills up you will reach a new level in the game. This will unlock new animals, decorative items, buildings, as well as lotto items and additional areas to hunt for animals.
- Each time you collect rent from a business or an animal habitat you will also collect XP stars which will add to your overall total and help you to level up and unlock more items and animals.
- You have the option to play a gift lottery once every twenty four hours. You can access this menu by tapping when you see the gift box icon over the helipad north of your zoo.
- You will have one or more free options or you may use hearts or primary peanuts to purchase a silver or gold option. If you choose a premium option these items will be rare and hard to find. Visitors will be attracted to your zoo if you have a rare décor item on it as they will have a way to purchase this rare item from your zoo using hearts versus having to wait and unlock it on their own.
- The game market is seen at the upper right corner of the game screen under “Tools”. Tap on it and the menu will drop down showing all the categories.
- Tap on “Shop” with the coin icon to bring up the shopping menu.
- The shop menu has four categories for you to choose from;
- Buildings - Tap here to purchase business to place in your zoo. These buildings will earn you coins at varying intervals and you will need to tap on the coin icon when it appears over a building to collect.
- Décor - You can purchase décor items to place in your zoo. Once you place a décor item in your zoo your visitors can use hearts to purchase them as well. Décor items do not collect coins for you but placing it may encourage others to visit your zoo often.
- Animals - Tap here to purchase, hunt for or breed unlocked animals to place in your zoo.
- Top Ten - This category shows the top ten items purchased by people playing the game.
How to place new animal habitats
- There are several types of animals that you will be able to purchase and rescue for placement in your zoo.
- You will start out with animals in the Savannah and as you level up every ten levels you will unlock a new location allowing you to have animals from several different climates.
- You have the option to go into the tools menu and tap on “animals” and you have the option to tap on “Purchase” for either coins or peanuts or you may tap on “Look” to hunt for the animals.
- You may also go to “tools” then go to “wilderness” and from the map choose animals by their habitat location.
- When you purchase an animal it will be place in a habitat after a determined amount of time.
- The habitat will immediately appear and roads will automatically draw around it and you can add more dirt roads around it for free under “Décor” if you wish. Tap on the green arrow to lock in the location.
- Nursery/Breeding and Crossbreeding animals (See below for more information about breeding)
- Once you have at least two of a particular animal in a habitat you can breed them.
- In later levels you will be able to cross breed animals and must have two adults of each species in a habitat to cross breed.
- Tap on a habitat then tap on “Breed” or you can tap on it straight from a goal list.
- Habitat Maximum – You can have a maximum of four animals in one habitat. You can build more than one habitat for a specific animal species.
How to move or store items
- If you would like to move an item tap on “Tools” and when the menu expands you can now tap on the “Edit” button at the bottom left of the screen.
- You now have the option to take items from your inventory (gathered from visiting neighbors and using hearts to purchase) and place them in your zoo.
- Decorative items do not earn coins for you.
- Inventory – Tap on the item in your inventory you wish to place then move it with your finger tapping on the green arrow to place it.
How to collect rent and feed animals
- Once you have a habitat placed in your zoo it will collect coins for you at various intervals. You can tell how much time is left before you can collect coins by tapping on a habitat and a message will appear showing you how much time is left and how much you will collect.
- Tap on the large coin icon once it appears over a building or an animal habitat.
- Feeding animals - Immediately after you collect rent you will see a food icon over a habitat which could be an apple or a piece of meat. Tap on this icon to feed the animals which will immediately start the countdown to collect funds again.
- Collecting funds earns you coins and feeding animals will earn you XP stars and start the coin collecting countdown clock again.
- Tap on the green clipboard icon at the upper left side of the game screen to access the game goals menu.
- Each goal is represented by a picture of an animal or some other icon to represent it which is shown in a drop down menu once you tap on the clipboard. Tap on the individual icon such as tapping on the zebra icon to bring up a goal involving zebras and so on.
- Here you will see tasks that you will need to complete in order to advance in the game. Once you complete these goals you are given large coin and XP star rewards that will help you level up in the game much faster.
- You can access the tasks directly from the goal list such as tapping on “Go” to make a purchase or look for an animal without having to exit and re-enter the tools menu each time.
- It is best to follow the game goals and not make purchases with your coin reserves without consulting them as you could miss large rewards and delay the unlocking of additional goals.
- Goal completion – Once you complete a goal a reward menu will appear showing you what you have earned and once you accept the coins and XP stars will be added to your totals above.
- You will always have to accept the completion of a goal to have the money and XP added to your score.
- Tip – Make sure you visit the goal menu frequently so you are sure you have accepted all completed goals. Only one notification is sent to you and if you miss it somehow, your completed goal will sit in the goal list waiting for you to find it and tap on “complete” to collect your reward and unlock more goals.
- You will be eligible for expansion of your zoo once you have filled it up with the maximum amount of habitats it can hold along with your buildings and décor items.
- You can tap on “Expand” in the tool menu or you can tap on the area outside of the zoo fence to prompt the menu.
- Breeding/Crossbreeding/Nurseries/Animal Hospital
- Rules of breeding and cross breeding. You must have at least two animals in a habitat before you are eligible to breed or cross breed.
- Once you are ready to breed tap on “Tools” then on “Nursery” and any habitat available for breeding will be shown in the menu along with the coin cost to breed and the time it will take.
- Tap on the breeding you want to start in the nursery. The countdown clock will be shown in this menu and you can tap on the habitat or the medical building at any time to see how long you have left until completion.
- Instant completion – You have the option to use premium peanut currency to instantly complete any breeding process.
- Unlock additional nurseries – You have the option to unlock additional nurseries in the nursery menu to a maximum of three nurseries that can run at the same time.
- The first additional nursery can be purchased for twenty premium peanuts and the third nursery can be purchased (after the second) for fifty peanuts.
- Crossbreeds – Crossbreeding requires that each species have two adults in their habitats each. Crossbreeding results in magical animals such as a phoenix, or a Unicorn.
- Regular breeding results in one of the same animals placed in the habitat.
- Animal Hospital – This is located in the upper left northern corner of your zoo. If you see a stopwatch icon over this building you have breedings in progress. If you see a bundled baby icon over the building you have a breeding that is completed that you need to tap on to place in habitat.
- Tapping on the animal hospital is a quick way to access your nurseries or you can tap directly on a habitat to see its breeding status.
Cleaning Animal Poop/Trash Piles
- You will occasionally see animal poop placed around your habitats inside your zoo.
- You will see a coin sticking out and when you tap on the poop you can collect up to three times from it before it disappears.
- You can collect peanut premium currency or several coins.
- Trash piles – If you see trash piles tap on them to clear them away. You will earn up to four XP points for clearing away the trash piles.
- Either of these piles may disappear if you do not collect from them right away, so be sure to watch out for them each time you reload your game.
- As your zoo grows it will become harder to find these.
Wilderness/Hunting for Animals/Garage
- There are several ways to add animals to your game. You can purchase them directly for large amounts of premium currency (peanuts), breed them in the nursery, or find them out in the wilderness.
- Searching – Tap on “Tools” then on “Wilderness” to access the unlocked locations on the map. Every ten levels a new area will unlock with new habitats. The first location is “Savannah’ and the second is “Jungle” There are currently five locations and sixty levels in the game. Tap on the location you wish to search in.
- Animal direct hunting – Go into the tools then the “shopping” menu searching for the specific animal you want and tap on the “Search” option shown above”
- When you use this method it will cause the map in the upper right corner show you when you are close to that particular animal. All unlocked animals will be found running in the area so you will need to watch for the animal you want.
- When you choose your habitat you will next be taken to the garage menu for options to purchase for your jeep that will increase your odds of capturing an animal.
- You may choose to have one of three options added to your jeep using coins or peanuts. These are very helpful especially for the higher levels.
- Tracker friend - This will increase your chance of finding rare animals by fifty percent.
- Handler friend - This option will increase your chance of rescuing animals by twenty five percent.
- Scout friend - This option will give you a twenty five percent increase in fuel.
- You may choose one of the three available options and then you will need to pay in coins to advance to the habitat. Tap on the “Let’s go” button and you will be taken to the habitat to begin your search.
Catching an animal
- Catching an animal – Use your fingertip and tap on the ground to start the vehicle.
- Use your fingertip to guide the jeep and move quickly looking for your animal. If you have chosen the animal to hunt for you may see them in the map at the upper left corner.
- Injured animals – If you see a “+” symbol over an animal it is injured thus it is a little slower and easier to catch but you will have to pay to have the animal restored to health. It is much harder to catch rare animals at full health.
- Once you get close to the animal with your jeep you will see a circle appear around the animal. As you close in the circle will become smaller and eventually turn green.
- The animal will stop and you will be given options as to how to proceed
Better food to increase survival rate
- Once you catch an injured animal you will be given the option to purchase food in a bronze, silver or gold category.
- Bronze – coins – Twenty five percent chance of successful rescue.
- Silver – coins – Fifty percent chance of successful rescue.
- Gold – peanuts – One hundred percent chance of success during rescue.
- As you are searching you will see a fuel indicator at the bottom left corner of the screen that counts down as your jeep is searching for the animal. Once it reaches zero the vehicle will stop and a menu as in the image above will appear. You can either use fuel sent to you as gifts from others from your “reserves” menu or you may purchase a full tank for two peanut premium currency. Note – If you choose the scout option in the garage menu you can increase your fuel by twenty five percent which also costs premium currency.
- It can at times take several tanks of fuel to have a successful search. You may find you have used three tanks of fuel. If this is happening it is best to purchase the best food option you can afford to increase your chances of a successful rescue.
- If the search and/or rescue is successful you will see a box lowered by a helicopter come down and the animal will walk into it.
- You will next be taken back to the zoo and if you do not already have one the habitat will appear in your zoo along with dirt roads around it that people will walk on while visiting the animals.
- You will be able to immediately start collecting rent and you may feed the animals.
- Follow your goals closely whenever you are adding new animals.
How to invite and attract neighbors to your game/Social Menu
- Under the “Tools” menu tap on “Social” to access the social areas of the game and the options will appear for adding and visiting neighbors.
- .Facebook will connect you with all friends that are currently playing Wonder Zoo.
- You may also start a Gameloft account and search for other players if you know their email address or Gameloft user ID.
- Random players – You can tap on “random players” to visit zoos of other players that are not on your friend list.
How to visit neighbors (Collecting hearts)
- You can visit your friends or random players in the game from the social menu in the tools area.
- Once you are in another habitat look for coin icons over animals or buildings and tap on them. You can do this for up to six times per habitat every twenty four hours per habitat.
- Note you now have a heart meter at the top right of the game screen. Each time you tap on an item you will earn one heart and can see your running total in the indicator. (This is the only way other than the achievements or leader boards to see your overall heart total)
- Purchasing décor items with hearts – Décor items unlock at varying levels of the game and once unlocked you can purchase these items with coins in the shopping menu area. You have the advantage if you choose to visit neighbors and other players in the game to tap on décor items they have in their zoo and purchase them with hearts. Even if this item is locked for you in the shop you can purchase it from a neighbor as they have unlocked it for you.
- Leaderboard/high scores – If you are interested in your high score it is determined by the amount of money and hearts you have. You can tap on “Social” or “Settings” to reach the leaderboard scores. Players will be listed in order of score starting with first place and moving down. Remember – if you purchase décor items you will be using hearts so this could cause you to lose your place. Only make purchases if you can afford them keeping your position in the game.
- Using hearts in the lottery – You have the option to play the lottery once every twenty four hours by tapping on the helipad north of your zoo or using the tool menu. Once there one of the options is purchasing a grouping using hearts. The hearts option is not always available and changes based on your level. You will see a heart indicator at the top of the screen for these purchases. These items will go into your inventory so you will have to take them out and place them after purchase.
- If you have a Facebook account be sure to log in using it as this will give you a list of all of your friends currently playing and will speed up having to find people and send invitations to them one at a time.
- Log in daily and collect the daily bonuses for free coins and at the end of five consecutive days you will earn peanuts and lottery spins.
- Follow the goals closely and be sure to collect your rewards once you complete a goal.
- Every ten levels you will unlock another location to hunt for animals. You can also purchase these unlocks early using premium peanut currency if you wish. This will allow you to have animals that pay out much higher amounts much faster.
- If leaderboard position is important to you don’t spend your hearts on décor items. Use your coins or premium currency only as they are much harder to get in the higher levels and depending on how many neighbors you have.
- While searching for animals you will likely (especially in the higher levels) need more than two tanks of fuel. Ask for friends to send it to you for your reserve tanks or purchase premium currency before you begin your hunt so that you can purchase fuel as you need it.
- If you find you are purchasing a lot of fuel and still haven’t caught your animal you may want to just invest your premium coins on a one hundred percent chance of catching an animal versus spending on fuel so many times it ends up overall costing you more.
- When visiting the garage choose the option that will help you the most depending on level of the animal, amount of fuel you have in storage, and amount of premium currency you have and are willing to spend on one animal. It is best to plan everything out before you begin an animal search to get it for the least amount of money and time.
- Once you have at least two of a species in a habitat you can breed them. As you level up you will eventually be able to cross breed for unique magical animals with very high payouts. It is best if you unlock more than one nursery if you plan to crossbreed as these take much more time than regular breeding and your nursery may be tied up twelve hours or longer.
- If there is a décor item you really want but it isn’t available until you reach a future level you can find a player that has reached that level it has it on their zoo property. Tap on it for the purchase menu. You can purchase it with hearts you earn by visiting and helping others.
You have completed the basic quick start guide for Wonder Zoo by Gameloft. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo