Game Introduction – Rail Rush
Rail Rush is a Temple Run-style endless mine adventure developed by Miniclip where you attempt to get a new high score every time you play, and to collect currency to buy items that help you gain more points. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, open the game up and click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’e ready to start the game!
How to Play
- Controls: If you haven’t played the aforementioned Temple Run, then you might need an explanation. Rail Rush is a game that has you on an epic quest that never ends, strafing from side to side, ducking down and jumping at key moments, and generally trying to survive incoming perils as long as possible. Instead of rushing along a path as a runner, however, you’ll be in a mining cart along the rails. Swiping up jumps over obstacles that are down low, swiping down goes underneath obstacles that are up high, and swiping from one side to the other switches the rail that you are on. The game has one other control — tilting your phone to get the gold nuggets in the above photo.
- Nuggets: Nuggets is the game’s currency. Throughout your run you will be able to collect nuggets by tilting your phone left or right. Earning nuggets will unlock rewards that will help you last longer and increase your high score.
- Missions: Like many other games of this style, Rail Rush comes with “missions” that you can complete. Because you are essentially playing the game over and over again, these missions give you goals to achieve. Achieving goals give you hammers that increase your level and each level gives you a bulk reward of nuggets that can be spent in the store.
- Gems: in addition to nuggets, there are gems that you can collect. These aren’t another currency — these can just be thought of as “super nuggets”, if you will. They are worth 10 nuggets, so you’ll want to keep your eye out to grab ’em.
- Eggs: Eggs are another thing that you can grab during your run. These are a bit trickier. These can be worth 50 nuggets no matter what if you “cash them in,” but you also have the option to gamble and see what is in the egg. It’s comes down to a result of nothing (booh!), or a gaggle of gems (worth hundreds of nuggets), so it’s up to you as to whether or not you want to roll the dice to try to get a bigger reward. If you have a long run and have a number of eggs amasses, it’s probably worth throwing away one hundred or so guaranteed nuggets to get one or two gem hits.
- Cart Items: So what are you playing this game for and working towards? Well, potentially exciting cart items! You can spend nuggets to protect yourself from goof-ups anywhere between one or three times; to buy a ram to bust obstacles straight ahead; to purchase spikes for obstacles that make you tilt the phone, etc. It all enhances your play in key ways. The downside of these items, however, is that they break after anywhere between one to three uses. Therefore, you’ll have to re-buy content once they bust should you want those same benefits. There are also magnets in the shop where you can have nuggets magnetize to you automatically for a run, enhancing your gold take. All standard stuff that proves par for the course in this genre.
- Characters: Characters are more expensive purchases: 50,000 nuggets a piece. However, these characters offer permanent upgrades. For example, obstacles that make you tilt a certain way with this Daryl Plankbuster are all automatically a non-factor when you purchase and play as her.
- Extras: There are a number of other upgrades you can purchase in the extra tab of the shop. Most importantly, they have permanent bonuses, such as a speed boost that makes you blast forward 200 meters at your choosing, and a brake that slows down the speed of the cart (the cart speeds up as you go further in the game
Tips and Tricks:
- Be Sharp: Unfortunately, how good you are at the game definitely has a lot to do with your reaction time. However, keep your nerve and just keep your eyes on the obstacle in front of you to react.
- Don’t Overreach: Don’t worry too much about the nuggets that are in bunches or three or four. There are plenty of straight-aways in the game with 10-15 nuggets at a time. You’ll get yourself into trouble if you try to get every possible nugget that is available to you. Just take what you can get, stay alive and look at what the missions are. Soon enough, you’ll be rolling in the gold.
- Don’t Waste Your Nuggets: There is plenty of trash in the shop. Don’t buy anything that’s not permanent if you’re serious about getting a high score. Save and splurge on the permanent characters and upgrades so you’re not just wasting your hard earned nuggets on something that’ll go away in one short game.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Rail Rush! You should be all set on your way to play your best game! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!