Game Introduction – Magic Pets
Magic Pets is a creature collection/evolving game. You are a Keeper, and as such can capture and raise the creatures that are scattered across the land. Unlock new and unusual animals, send them into battle and level them up, increase their stats, and unlock new and exciting areas to explore. Gamezeboâ€™s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best.
Quick Start Guide
- Magic Pets is currently free to play, barring price changes, but you can purchase rubies using real money. Rubies can be used to purchase premium items, pets, eggs, and wands.
- At the top of the screen you will find your balances for gold, rubies, and runes. You will also find your energy bar and your current level and experience.
- On the left side of the screen are your current quests. Completing quests will earn you rewards such as energy, experience, runes, coins, and/or experience.
- At the bottom right of the screen is where you will find your inventory, magibook, avatar customization, leaderboard, and the game shop.
Playing the Game
- When you begin the game, you will be able to customize you avatar. You can change their head, clothes, and wand. You can also change your avatars appearance at any time by clicking on the â€œCustomize Avatarâ€ button located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Once you are happy with your avatar’s appearance, itâ€™s time to start playing the game.
- The first thing you will need to do is hatch your first pet. Go to you inventory and click on the decorations tab. There should be an egg there (any time you find an egg, this is where is will be stored).
- Click the â€œUseâ€ button and place the egg somewhere within your home base.
- You can either wait for the egg to mature or you can speed the process up by using some rubies.
- Once your egg is ready to hatch, an icon that says â€œreadyâ€ will appear above the egg. Click on the egg and your new pet will appear.
- Now that you have a pet, itâ€™s time to venture out into the areas surrounding your home base.
- You can collect numerous resources from the plants, rocks, and trees that are scattered around the map. However, you also run the risk of running into wild creatures that will want to fight you.
- Thankfully, you now have at least one pet that can assist you in a fight.
- To find another creature to fight, click on either a tree, bush, or rock. If you hover your mouse over the item you will be able to see the likely percentage that you will run into another creature.
- You will also be able to see the resources you can collect from the item. Bushes tend to give you grass, while trees will give you wood and moonberries.
- If you run into a creature, a fog will appear and then the battle will begin.
- At the bottom of your screen is the battle toolbar.
- On the left side you can access the pets youâ€™ve brought into battle. You can have two pets with you at any time. For ten rubies you can purchase a third slot and bring three pets into battle.
- During the battle, you can switch between your pets, but this is done at the cost of one turn. However, you can switch between them on the first move for no penalty.
- In the middle of the toolbar is where you will find your pets powers. Each pet has unique powers that will deal more damage. Using these powers will use your petâ€™s magic power though, so use their powers wisely.
- As your pet levels up you will unlock additional powers for them to use.
- You can also click on a creature to attack it at no cost to your petsâ€™ magic power.
- Battles are turn based. Your pet will attack first, and then the other creature will attack. Be sure to keep an eye on the health bars of your pets. If they run out of health your second pet will automatically step in. If both of your pets are defeated, the battle will end.
- When you defeat the creature you will win bonus items, experience, and/or gold. Your pets that participated in the battle will receive experience. Once they have earned enough experience, they will level up.
- Instead of defeating a creature, you can attempt to capture it.
- On the right side of the toolbar is the capture button. If you get a creatures health low enough, you can attempt to capture it.
- You have several options for capturing a creature. You can use rubies for a guaranteed capture, you can use shards for an unlikely chance of success, or you can use runes which offer a decent chance of success.
- Your chances of success also depend upon the health of the creature you are attempting to capture. The lower the creatureâ€™s health, the more likely you are to be successful. However, you also run the risk of defeating the creature before you attempt to capture it.
- Once you have successfully captured a creature, you will receive a capture report. Here you will be able to view the creatureâ€™s state, rename it, and share your rewards with your friends.
- The creature will be added to your collection of pets.
- Once you have more than two pets, you may want to switch out which ones to take into battles.
- To switch out pets, open your magibook, located at the bottom right of your screen.
- This will open your magibook menu. At the bottom of the menu you can view your current team.
- Click on the X above a petâ€™s picture to remove them from your team.
- On the left side of the screen are several different tabs. These tabs relate to the type of pet (earth, fire, water, etc.). Locate the pet you wish to add to your team and click on the + button that appears next to the picture of your pet.
- Now that you are successfully battling and capturing new pets, and collecting resources from the lands around your home base, itâ€™s time to start thinking about expanding.
- To expand your home base you will need to spend some time earning gold.
- Gold can be earned by completing quests, winning battles, and also by feeding your pets.
- To feed your pets, you will need to purchase a trough or two.
- Troughs can be found by clicking on the shop button located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Select the trough you wish to build, and place it in your home base.
- Troughs will refill over time. When they are full, click on them to feed your pets. You will be rewarded with gold.
- Once you have earned enough gold, click on one of the foggy areas surrounding your home base. This will open the expansion menu. Your first expansion will cost 2000 gold, your second will cost 4000, and so on.
- You can only build items on your home base. You will not be able to add to the land surrounding your home base.
- In addition to expanding your home base, you will also want to unlock new areas of the land around your home base. To do this, you will need to increase your home points.
- Home points represent the magical power of your home base. You can increase your home points by building new buildings and decorating your base.
- You can view how many home points you will earn by looking at the item in the shop. More expensive items will usually grant you more home points.
- You will also notice that many items in the shop require resources to be completed.
- This is what all the resources youâ€™ve been collecting from trees, plants, and rocks are used for, so be sure to save them up.
Tips and Tricks
- The more friends you have playing Magic Pets the quicker you will be able to progress. Certain eggs require you to have your friends assist you in hatching it. You can choose to speed up the process by using rubies if you have any.
- Be sure to complete quests. They will grant you additional gold, resources, and items as well as help you to level up quicker.
- Each day when you log in you will be able to participate in the Daily Spin. You will be able to spin the wheel and potentially win extra gold, rubies, runes, or even pets.
You have completed Gamezeboâ€™s quick start guide Magic Pets. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!