Game Introduction – Pawn Stars: The Game
Pawn Stars is a pawn shop simulation game from A&E Television Networks. Haggle with customers, buy and sell products, restore unique pieces to sell at huge profits, and build your empire. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best.
Quick Start Guide
- Pawn Star is free to play, but you can purchase candy using real currency. Candy can be used to increase customer’s happiness, unlock bonuses quicker, and purchase premium items.
- At the top of your screen you will find your current level and experience, your cash balance, candy balance, maximum customers, lot limit, and parts.
- At the bottom of the screen is your friends toolbar, inventory, remodel button, and the shop.
- At the bottom right of the screen you can view, and add to your collections, expand your shop, access the daily bonus, view the full catalog of items, and hire new clerks for you store.
How to Play
- When you begin the game you will need to hire a clerk to manage your pawn shop.
- Each clerk has a different level of intelligence, friendliness, and salesmanship.
- If you have enough candy available, you can purchase a clerk with very high scores in each of these areas. However, at the beginning of the game you will want to select from the free options. Their skills aren’t nearly as high, but you can hire new clerks at any time.
- A clerk with high intelligence will gain knowledge faster, allowing you to unlock perks faster.
- High friendliness will allow a clerk to be a better haggler. Your customers won’t lose their patience as fast and they will be easier to bargain with.
- A clerk with high salesmanship will bring in bigger sales, earning you more cash.
- Once you have hired a clerk, it’s time to purchase some items to sell in your store.
- At the beginning of the game you will be able to have a maximum of ten customers at one time. Once you have assisted all of them, you will need to wait for a period of time before new customers come to your shop.
- Most customers coming into your shop will be there to sell item. The item they wish to sell will be displayed in the bubble above their head.
- Click on a customer to open the bargaining screen.
- In the top half of the screen you will be able to view the value of the item (if revealed), how long it will take to sell it, the prestige of the item, and any bonuses that have been unlocked. You will also be able to see how the item ranks in uniqueness.
- In the bottom half of the screen you can view the customers happiness, and the slider bar used for haggling.
- Pay careful attention to the customer’s happiness when haggling. If they get too angry, they will threaten to leave and you will either need to pass on the item or call on a friend to help you out. You can also give them a candy to improve their mood.
- To haggle, use the slider bar to adjust your offer. If the customer accepts your offer the item will be added to your inventory. If they reject your offer, their happiness will decrease and you will have to continue negotiating.
- If a customer is requesting a large amount of cash for an item, you may want to investigate the value of the item. In the top half of the screen you can click on the button on the value line to reveal the worth of the item. It costs $200 to do so, so you won’t want to use this option on inexpensive items.
- By buying items you gain knowledge. Once you gain enough knowledge about an item you will unlock a bonus. You will receive facts about the item, as well as a perk. Perks can increase the speed an item sells at, the amount of cash it earns, the amount of prestige earned, and show you the value of an item.
- Once you have successfully purchased an item from a customer you will want to place it in your shop.
- Click on the inventory button at the bottom of your screen and then click on the item you wish to place in your shop.
- This will open the item information screen. Most of the information will be the same as on the haggling screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the start selling button to place it in your shop.
- The item will automatically be placed in an available space. If you wish to move it, click and drag it to a new location.
- Once you run out of room to place items, you will need to visit the shop and purchase additional shelving and/or tables.
- Once an item is in your shop, you will begin getting offers on it.
- Once an offer comes in a price tag will appear on the item. Click on the item to see the full details of the offer. You will be able to see if the offer is more or less than what you paid for it.
- From here, you can also accept the offer, spend a candy to speed up the next offer, move the item back to your inventory, or clean the item so that you can sell it for more.
- If you choose to accept the offer, the item will be removed from the shelf and you will collect the cash.
- As you progress in the game, you will start getting new types of customers.
- If a customer comes into your shop with an exclamation point above their head it means that they are placing a special request. They are most likely looking for a certain item or items. If you accept their request it will be added to your quest menu on the right side of your screen.
- These special requests will earn you a lot of extra cash and prestige.
- Other customers will come into the shop with a gear icon above their head. This means they want to sell an item that needs to be repaired.
- You have several options when you are presented with an item that needs to be fixed. You can choose to repair (or even improve) it so that you can sell it for a large profit, you can break it down for parts, or you can pass on purchasing it at all.
- Initially, you may need to break some items down for parts. You will need parts to repair future items. There are three different parts you will need: spare parts, elbow grease, and flair. How many of each you will get from breaking down an item varies by the item.
- Once you have enough parts saved up, you can begin restoring items. This is usually a multi-step process. Each step in restoring the item will take a certain amount of time. The amount of time will depend on the level of restoration you choose to pursue.
- Once you have successfully restored an item you will be able to sell it in your shop. You can make a lot of extra cash if you have the patience to wait out the restoration process.
- Eventually you will need to expand your store. There are several expansions you can choose from.
- You can purchase a back room to hold extra items and free up inventory space.
- You can purchase the lot so that you can sell vehicles.
- Or you can expand the shop itself, allowing for more shelf and table space.
- To expand you will either need to save up your cash or use candy to make the purchase.
Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to collect your daily bonus on a daily basis. Your reward will increase for each consecutive day you log in.
- In addition to the daily bonus, you can answer a trivia question, based on the show, once every eight hours.
- If you answer the question correctly, you will get a chance to spin the prize wheel. You can win cash, candy, and prestige from the prize wheel.
- Some of the items you acquire are part of collections. Before you place them in your shop, check the collections page. If an item belongs to a collection, you can choose to put it in your collection instead of in your shop. Once you complete a collection you can turn it in to earn a valuable collection item that will earn significantly more cash.
- Be sure to visit your friend’s shops each day and help them out. You can click on the customers waiting in their shops to increase their happiness.
- You friends can also assist you by helping clean items, and increasing the happiness of your customers.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Pawn Stars. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!