Game Introduction – Hero Conquest
Hero Conquest is a superhero strategy game created by Broken Bulb Game Studios. It is your job to defend Concord City, which is being overrun by evil villains. You control the “Super Six”, a group of superheroes that have come to the aid of helpless citizens in need. Fight off the numerous baddies and their minions to take back the city in the name of justice! And other generically positive ideals. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Hero Conquest is free to play, but you can purchase cash using real world currency. Cash will allow you to buy powerups, skips quest tasks, speed up cool downs, and purchase premium content. You can also earn cash by leveling up and by getting luck playing “Resupply Roulette” daily.
- At the top of the screen you will find your current level and experience, available energy, coin balance, cash balance, and conquest points.
- At the bottom of the screen you will find the game shop, menu, health meter, power meter, and your friends.
- The shop allows you to purchase additional heroes, facilities, protection, zones, items, and powerups.
- Under the game menu, you can access your inventory, list items you need so that your friends can send them to you, trade in items for utilities, and access the stories of the various heroes and villains in the game.
How to Play
- When you begin the game, you will have two heroes available to you: the Vanquisher and the Ghost. As you level up and progress in the game, you will unlock additional heroes to fight for you.
- The game map is a grid. The areas that you have taken back from the villains are highlighted.
- Click on a hero to see where on the map you can move them. You can move one space at a time if you are entering areas you don’t control. You can move multiple spaces if you are moving within areas you already control.
- Once you have moved your hero, it will be the enemies turn to move. One enemy will advance on your heroes.
- Once an enemy is on a grid piece adjacent to your hero, battle will begin.
- To fight, click on the enemy who is attacking. The hero who is closest will attack back. After each turn you take, they will take a turn. This will continue until you defeat them, you move your hero away from the battle, or they defeat you.
- Different heroes deal different amounts of damage. Hover your mouse over a hero to see how much health they have and how much damage their attacks deal.
- In addition to regular attacks, your heroes also possess a superpower. To activate a superpower you will need to collect enough power cells.
- Power cells can be found by defeating enemies. You can see how much power you have by looking at the power meter at the bottom left of your screen.
- Once you have collected enough power cells, click on one of your heroes. A menu will appear on the left side of the screen. At the top of the menu is the superpower option. Hovering over it will show you how much power it will cost to use it.
- Click on the superpower button to activate it. The Vanquisher will launch an area effect attack, while the Ghost can attack three separate locations (or three attacks at the same location) for the energy cost of one attack.
- Superpower attacks also cause more damage than a regular attack.
- Once you have used a superpower, you will need to wait for it to recharge before you can use it again (you can use the superpower of another hero though).
- If your hero’s health drops to zero, they will no longer be able to fight until they are healed.
- To heal your heroes, click on the injured character and select heal from the menu on the left.
- You will need to have enough health cells available to heal them. Health cells can be collected from health labs.
- To build a health lab, click on the shop button and then on the facilities tab.
- Purchase the health lab and place it on a controlled area of the map.
- Once built, click on the health lab. You will have several options for health tanks. The more health that a tank produces, the more it will cost to purchase and the longer it will take to complete. Make sure that you have enough room in your health meter to hold the health you collect.
- Once a health tank is complete, click on it to collect the health cells.
- You can increase your maximum allowable health and power by clicking on the corresponding meter and purchasing an upgrade. You can purchase upgrades using coins or cash.
- As you progress in the game, and retake more of the city, you will find that two superheroes aren’t enough to keep up with all the villains swarming around.
- To purchase additional heroes, you will need to build additional facilities. The genetic factory will allow you to purchase two more Vanquishers, while the shadow lab will allow you to purchase two additional Ghosts.
- Access the facilities tab in the shop and select the building you wish to purchase.
- Place the building on a controlled area of your map. Click on it to build it.
- Once built, you will need to meet the necessary requirements to finish the building. This usually requires collecting certain items.
- Most of the items you can find by clearing rubble, defeating villains, and removing laser towers. However, there is usually one item that you will need to access by completing a utility set.
- Utility sets are collections of various items that can be traded in for unique items. You can view your utility sets by accessing the game menu located at the bottom left of the screen.
- If you have all the items required for a utility set, you can click the trade in button to receive the new item.
- If you are missing necessary items, you can continue searching for them, or you can go to the needs tab in the game menu. From here you can make a list of five items you need. You can send this list to your friends playing the game and hopefully they will be able to help you out.
Tips and Tricks
- The best way to earn coins in the game is to complete quests. You can view all your active quests on the left side of your screen. Click on a quest icon to view the quest details. You may be able to skip portions of a quest if you have enough cash available.
- Facilities will also provide you with coins over time. When it is time to collect coins, a “Ready” button will appear over the building. Click on it to collect your bonus.
- Be sure to log in daily and play the resupply roulette mini-game. You can win energy boosts, coins, and even cash if you are lucky.
- Visit your friends daily. You can assist them by replenishing their heroes’ health, clearing debris, and fighting villains. You will earn bonus coins and experience for assisting them.
- If you find yourself strapped for cash, you can sell your heroes back for a reduced amount.
- As you unlock more of the map, you may want to consider purchasing protection items. You can place fences and laser towers around your map to deter villains. You can purchase these items in the shop under the protection tab.
- If you are having trouble placing items on the map, make sure that you aren’t trying to build on destroyed land. If you are, back out of your purchase and click on the destroyed land to repair it. Once it is repaired, you should be able to place the item you’ve purchased.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide for Hero Conquest. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!