“Man, I really wish I could purchase eight cool indie games for a fee of my choosing,” you mumble to yourself. The despair in your voice is palpable, and the other library patrons are looking at you with concern. “And it would be fantastic if, by purchasing these games, I was helping raise awareness of them before Steam launches their Greenlight initiative next week.” Suddenly, the librarian puts her hand on your shoulder.
“That’s totally a thing,” she says. “It’s called The Green Light Bundle, and it’s filled to the brim with awesome indie goodness.” Suddenly, she pulls out a raggedy piece of parchment paper, and begins listing off the games available:
- Ichi by Stolen Couch Games. Ichi is an easy to play but challenging one button puzzle game. Don’t be deceived by the game’s simplistic look, it’s a brain twister for sure!
- Paper Monsters by Crescent Moon Games. Dive into the world of Paper Monsters and watch a living world made out of paper, cardboard, and a few cotton balls unfold right before your eyes. Paper Monsters takes all of the classic 2d platforming elements, combines them with cutting edge graphics.
- Muffin Knight by AngryMob Games. Muffin Knight is an action-packed platformer with stunning visuals and a myriad of fairytale characters, each with their own unique abilities which gain strength as you advance.
- Guerrilla Bob by AngryMob Games. Get your finger on the trigger and prepare to fire! Guerrilla Bob is an action-packed shooter game with stunning visuals, plenty of kick-a*s weaponry, unique enemies, explosive ammunition and non-stop humor.
- Samurai II Vengeance by Madfinger games. Become a wandering samurai in the ancient Japan during chaotic times of war. As Daisuke Shimada set yourself on a quest for revenge across the war-scorched countryside. From a seafaring village to a flying fortress to the legendary Isle of the Dead, the samurai will stop at nothing to hunt down his arch-enemy Orochi.
- Syder Arcade by Studio Evil. Syder Arcade is a multi directional side scroller shoot ’em up. A love letter to early 90′ games for the Amiga and PC. It’s an uncompromised old-school experience, a furious, challenging action game that will bring the player back in time, when games were all about skill and perseverance.
- Dino Run SE by PixelJam. Strap on those raptor feet, grab your hat and get ready to out run doom in this prehistoric racing game.
- Gunman Clive by Bertil Hörberg. In the year of 18XX, the west is overrun by thugs and outlaws. A group of bandits have kidnapped Mayor Johnsons daughter and are spreading havok across the land. Only Gunman Clive can bring order to the west and save the girl!
The librarian says it all in a single breath, and by this time every person in the library is at attention. She takes a drink from a Gatorade bottle that seems to appear out of nowhere. “Part of the money goes to the Green Light Fund, which in turn is used to help out struggling developers,” she offers. Someone tries to initiate a slow clap, but it tapers off.
“And the kicker,” she says, literally kicking your chair as hard as she can, “is that the bundle is available today.”
Cheers erupt from the patrons, and that slow clap finally takes off. The librarian walks away, and a single tear descends from your eye.