Game Introduction – Kairobotica
Kairobotica is a spacefaring simulation game created by Kairosoft. You control the Kairobo Corps, guardians of galactic peace. Answer the calls of planets in need, travel across the galaxy, and complete missions of increasing difficulty. Along the way you will be upgrading your colony to attract visitors from around the galaxy. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best.
Quick Start Guide
- To begin playing Kairobotica, tap the start button on the main screen.
- Choose the save slot you wish to use. Each save slot allows for two saves. One autosave and one save spot that can be used at any time by tapping the save button.
- Once you have selected a save slot, you will need to name your colony. Once you are happy with the name of your colony, tap the okay button.
- After a brief introduction to the game, you will be set loose in your colony.
- At the bottom right of your screen is the menu button. Tapping the menu button will open the game menu on the left side of your screen
- Under the game menu you can view available patrols, preform actions (travel, select missions, research new kairobots), check on various statuses, view info on everything from facilities to monsters, and access the system settings.
- At the top of the screen you will find the current year, month, and week as well as your balance of gold. Below that you will find your total number of kairobots and
How to Play
- When you begin Kairobotica, your colony will be docked on Earth.
- Your colony will have one factory, one kairo house, and four empty plots of land. You will also have two kairobots available for use.
Building Your Colony
- You will want to begin by building up your colony.
- Tap on an empty plot of land to open the build menu.
- Currently you will only have several building options. As you progress in the game you will unlock additional buildings.
- Select the building you wish to build (at this point, you will want to build more housing and at least one Research Lab) and tap it again to confirm the purchase.
- You new building will be completed quickly.
- If you chose to build a Kairo House, you will notice that your maximum number of kairobots increased. Also, your factory will begin producing additional kairbots until that maximum is reached.
- If you want to produce kairobots faster you can build a second factory. You can also choose to upgrade your factory so that it manufactures kairobots faster.
- Kairo houses, factories, and farms can all be upgraded. To upgrade a building, tap on it and select Use Item.
- This will open the items menu if you have any available items.
- Scroll through the available items. At the bottom of the menu you will be able to see if the item selected is compatible with the building. Certain items provide better upgrades than others. For example, cushions are better for houses, while hoes are better for farms.
- There are three levels of compatibility: Good, OK, and Bad. Using an item that is listed as bad will give you minimal upgrades and increase the upkeep cost of the building.
- However, using the same upgrade numerous times on the same building will yield decreasing benefits. So don’t use one item over and over again.
- Once an item has been used on a building it will upgrade certain stats for the building. Buildings gain points in culture, fun, fees, and upkeep. You want to raise the numbers on each stat except upkeep.
- Once a building has earned enough points it will be upgraded. What an upgrade means depends on the building that has been upgraded. Upgrading a house will increase your maximum allowed kairobots, upgrading the farm will unlock new crops, and upgrading the factory will increase the maximum number of kairobots produced each week.
- As you progress in the game you will unlock additional buildings. These include the gift shop and the pasture.
- At the gift shop you will be able to sell items that you have researched to tourists. This is an excellent way to earn additional gold.
- The pasture is where you can display animals you have captured during patrol.
Patrols and Missions
- Once you have created several kairobots, it’s time to send them out on patrol.
- Tap on the patrol office in your colony to open the patrol menu.
- At the beginning of the game you will only have one patrol available. As you complete patrols, you will unlock additional patrols. Each patrol gets progressively more dangerous, so keep building kairobots between patrols.
- Once you have begun a patrol, your kairobots will be sent into battle. At the top of the battle screen you will see several boxes with question marks on them. These represent the number of stops you will have during the patrol. Most of these stops will be battles, but occasionally you will find treasures as well.
- When you begin a battle you will need to tap the attack button. Once you have selected the attack button you will need to tap the screen to issue your order.
- Your kairobots will attack the monsters and the monsters will attack your kairobots. If a kairobot is damaged or destroyed it will be replaced when you leave or complete the patrol.
- If you find a patrol is too difficult, you can tap on the retreat button to leave the patrol. As long as you remain on the planet, you will be able to return to the patrol without losing your progress. If you leave the planet and return, you will have to start the patrol over again.
- Each time you complete a section of a patrol your kairobots will earn points. These points are distributed between their head (intelligence), arms (offensive power), body (stamina and strength), and legs (attack speed). Once a section has received enough points it will level up.
- At the end of a patrol you will receive a reward, which could be an item, gold, or unlocking a new skill to research.
- Completing patrols will increase your amity with a planet.
- Occasionally, during a patrol, you will run across an animal that can be captured. If you have any animal traps on you, you can use these to attempt to capture the animal.
- You will know an animal can be captured because it will not attack you like the monsters will.
- In addition to patrols, you can also preform missions to earn items and extra gold.
- To access the mission menu, tap on the mailbox located to the right of the patrol office.
- Scroll through the available missions. Some missions will require you to pick up tourists on one planet and take them to another one. Other missions may require you to send your kairobots on a special patrol. These patrols will often include multiple battles and at least one boss battle, so prepare wisely.
- When you select a mission you will be able to view the specific requirements. Oftentimes you will need to travel to a specific planet to begin the mission.
- Once a mission is complete you will receive your reward.
- Missions come with a time limit. If you fail to complete a mission in the time allotted, your reputation will decrease. Usually the mission will reappear after several in game weeks have passed.
Using the Research Lab and Special Kairobots
- As you progress in the game you will unlock skills that you can use in battle.
- Using skills costs info points. Info points are earned by tourists visiting your colony and learning from your facilities (tourists learn more from facilities that are high in culture).
- To unlock skills you will need to research them. To perform research you will need to build a research lab.
- Once you have built a research lab, tap on it to open the research lab menu.
- There are two types of research that you can perform. You can research new skills and upgrades using info points, or you can develop special kairobots.
- Tapping on the develop special kairobots option, will open the item menu.
- Just like upgrading buildings, research requires the use of items. Items that you have not used in research before will be marked with a new icon.
- Developing special kairobots can have several outcomes. Sometimes you will unlock items that you can sell in the gift shop (unlocked later in the game). Other times you will unlock a special kairobot.
- Special kairobots can be taken on patrols and will perform special actions. Each special kairobot can only perform an action a certain number of times and once they have run out of fuel they will leave the battle until you either retreat from the battle or you complete the patrol.
- Special kairobots will gain experience and level up the more you use them. You can use two special kairobots at a time so choose wisely.
Traveling to New Planets
- After going on several successful patrols (and raising your amity with a planet) you will get a message informing you that your assistance is required on another planet.
- To access the galaxy map, tap on the kiosk to the left of the patrol office.
- On the galaxy map, you will be able to view all the planets that you can currently travel to. As you progress through the game, more and more planets will become available.
- Tap on the planet you wish to visit to begin traveling there.
- You will not be able to go on patrols while you are traveling and tourists will be unable to visit your colony. However, this is an excellent time to research new items, upgrade buildings, and decide which missions you want to tackle next.
- Sometimes, the new planet will be locked. This means you will need to complete a special patrol to unlock the planet. Once a planet is unlocked you will be able to begin taking regular patrol requests.
Repairing Kairobots and Upgrading Your Colony
- Once you have completed a patrol, it’s likely that you will have lost at least a couple kairobots.
- You can either wait for the factory to produce new kairbots, or you can choose to repair them if you have unlocked the repair shop (unlocked via patrol).
- To access the repair shop, tap on the patrol office and select repair.
- You will be able to select the level of repair you require. At the bottom of the menu you will see how many kairobots will be repaired. Pay attention to that number so that you don’t spend more money than you need to.
- You will quickly run out of room to build in your colony. Thankfully, you will unlock the upgrade shop early on in the game. There is an upgrade shop to unlock on each planet.
- The upgrade shop will allow you to expand your colony for a price, upgrade your shields, and increase your travel speed.
- Each upgrade comes with a cost, and each upgrade gets more costly. Be sure to save up your gold for these upgrades.
You have completed the Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Kairobotica. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!