Game Introduction – ChefVille
ChefVille is a restaurant-management game created by Zynga. Create a thriving restaurant by growing fresh ingredients, partnering with other businesses, and unlocking new and delicious recipes. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best.
Quick Start Guide
- ChefVille is free to play, but you can purchase cash using real world currency. Cash can be used to skip portions of quests, purchase premium items, and hire staff.
- You have completed the Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Blood Brothers. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!
- At the top left of your screen you will find balances for your coins, cash, hearts, and recommendations.
- At the top right of the screen is your number of mastery stars, available energy, and current level and experience.
- At the bottom of the screen you will find your friends bar, edit button, marketplace, inventory, and avatar customization.
- On the left side of the screen are your current goals. Click on a goal to view the steps required to complete it.
How to Play
- When you first begin ChefVille you will need to create your avatar.
- Once you are happy with your avatars appearance, click the done button to finalize their look.
- You can change your avatars appearance at any time by clicking on the avatar customization button at the bottom right of your screen.
- You begin the game with a small café. To grow to a thriving restaurant you will need to earn coins by unlocking and leveling up recipes to sell to your customers.
- Outside your café you will find a couple tomato plants. There are also wild mushrooms and onions that will grow.
- Click on the tomato plants to harvest the tomatoes. Also click on any wild mushrooms and onions to harvest them.
- Don’t worry about harvesting all the wild produce. They will grow back over time.
- You can only carry so many of each ingredient (open your inventory to see the exact number allowed). If you harvest items beyond the maximum allowed the item will be lost.
- Now that you have collected some ingredients it’s time to start cooking.
- Click on the grill to open the recipe menu.
- Select the Veggie Kebab (requires two tomatoes and two mushrooms) and click start.
- Three icons will appear above the grill, each representing a step in the cooking process.
- Click on each step to begin cooking.
- Veggie Kebab’s take 30 seconds to complete. Once they are done, click on the grill to collect them and place them on an available counter.
- Now you can begin serving customers.
- Customers will be automatically served by a server. However, if you see a food icon above a customer’s head, you can click on them and serve them yourself for extra coins.
- Each time you cook a recipe you will earn points towards your star mastery. Each time you level up the star mastery the number of dishes you can serve will increase. You will also make additional coins. It takes three stars to fully master a dish.
- If you have your email linked you will also receive actual recipes for some of the dishes in the game in your inbox.
- Now that you’ve gotten the hang of cooking on the grill, it’s time to unlock some additional cooking options.
- Click on the marketplace button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the kitchen tab and purchase the brick oven.
- The brick oven allows you to cook Italian dishes such as pizzas, calzones, and bruschetta.
- You will begin to notice that you don’t have a lot of the required ingredients for these new dishes. It’s time to start partnering with some other businesses.
- The first business you will partner with is the grocery store. Once you’ve unlocked it (via a goal) you will need to staff the store. You can either invite friends to help you or you can hire staff using cash.
- Once fully staffed you will be able to collect sirloin beef from it every five minutes.
- You will also be able to collect bread and cheese from the racks outside the grocery store.
- As you advance in the game you will unlock additional businesses that will allow you to collect new ingredients.
- Once you’ve progressed a bit further, you will unlock the mixer which will allow you to create certain ingredients such as tomato sauce and dough.
- You can also find ingredients by visiting your friend’s restaurants.
- When you visit your friend’s, you will notice arrows over various items. These are items you can interact with. Hover your mouse over these areas to see what your rewards might be. Some items will give you coins, while others may reward you with ingredients you cannot find elsewhere.
- You can perform five actions at a friend’s restaurant every 24 hours. Once you’ve completed assisting them you will receive a bonus ingredient as well as coins and an energy boost.
Tips and Tricks
- Pay attention to your energy bar. Once you run out of energy you will not be able to complete actions until your energy refills. You will either need to wait for your energy to refill (at a rate of one point every five minutes) or you can purchase energy in the marketplace using cash.
- You will earn extra coins by serving customers yourself. However, this will come at the cost of one energy point each time.
- Make sure you have enough counter space to hold your dishes.
- Dishes are stackable, so if you make multiples of one dish you will only use up one counter spot. It’s a good idea to take advantage of this if you are going to be away from the game for a while. You won’t make any coins if you have no food to serve customers while you are away.
- Also, as soon as you can afford to, you will want to add additional tables to your restaurant. The more customers you can serve at one time the more coins you will earn.
- Be sure to visit the marketplace and purchase some supplies. You can plant additional mushrooms and onions. You can also purchase plants that will allow you to harvest mixed greens.
- You can also purchase items such as service stands and trees. These items will need to be unlocked by leveling up and unlocking goals.
- You can also purchase decorations in the marketplace. Currently decorations are only for aesthetics.
- You will notice that certain items require the use of hearts to purchase. Hearts are earned by visiting and helping out your friends.
- You can edit your restaurant by clicking on the edit button at the bottom right of the screen. From here you can store items, sell items back (at a loss), rotate items, and move items.
- To the bottom left is an additional button that, when clicked, allows you to rearrange your flooring. Click on any floor tile to move it to another location.
You have completed the Gamezebo’s quick start guide for ChefVille. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!