Game Introduction – Animal Academy
Animal Academy developed by IUGO mobile entertainment for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch allows you to be the principal of your very own school. Build classrooms that teach all kinds of subjects to your adorable animal students. Collect coins, apples and even brownie points to reinvest in your academy. Challenge other schools in various academic competitions for huge payouts! Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Animal Academy is a free application and can be found by clicking on the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- You can set up notifications in the settings area by tapping on the “Menu” button at the lower right corner and then on “Options” then tap on “Notifications and choose which events you want to be notified of or turn them all off. You can also adjust audio and account settings in this menu as well as sign in or out of your Facebook account.
- If you have an active Facebook account and want to connect it to the game, tap on the link on the intro page or go into account settings to log in. You will be able to post notifications of game accomplishments whenever you tap on the “share” options when offered.
- The game will start you out with a brief tutorial showing you how to navigate the menu, build classrooms, collect coins and apples and answer questions in the principal’s office.
- The tutorial is hosted by “Miss Squeaks” and if you see a red “!” symbol above her head while in her office tap on her as this means she has some new information for you to read.
- There are three types of currency used in Animal Academy.
- Coins – This is the basic game currency used to purchase most recreation rooms and classrooms. You are given one hundred coins to start the game. You can purchase more coins in the shop. This will be charged to your iTunes account as an in-app purchase.
- Apples – These are used to pay your teachers after each coin collection you make. Until your teachers are given an apple they will sleep and their classroom is shut down from making any profits until an apple is given. You start out with five apples as your maximum number of apples you can hold at once. Each time you level up in the game this amount increases. Also, each time you level up the apple meter fills up with the maximum number of apples you can hold based on your level. Apples also regenerate over time at a rate of one apple per five minutes. You can also exchange apples for brownie points at a rate of one to five brownie points for three to thirty five apples.
- When you see an apple over a teacher’s head be sure to tap on it to give them one right away.
- NOTE – Each classroom also kicks out a free apple after every fifth collection of coins so be sure to tap on these and gather them up when they appear.
- What to do if you run out of Apples? – If you run out of apples there are a few things you can do. 1. Wait – apples regenerate one at a time every five minutes. 2. When you get an apple from regeneration pay it to your math classes that pay out every 30 seconds. This will keep the XP coming in quickly and can help you level up faster plus after every fifth collection it will kick out a free apple which will help you out. Leveling up or coming back to the game in an hour or so are your best options when you run completely out of apples.
- Brownie Points – This is the premium game currency used to purchase special high end classrooms and recreation rooms for your students as well as purchasing instant construction and collection on rooms. You can also exchange them for apples if you run out. You can purchase more brownie points in bundles ranging from 99 cents to 99 dollars with real currency. This is charged to your iTunes account as an in app purchase. You can also earn a free brownie point each time you level up.
- You may be asked to pay brownie points during the question phase of the game. It is up to you if you want to do this. It usually ends up paying out much higher popularity points if you agree to do it but you may want to save them since they are very hard to come by.
Building Classrooms/Unlocking Animals
- In Animal Academy you will start out with a couple of classrooms that are built during the tutorial and then it is up to you to build it up to a massive dream school!
- To build a new classroom tap on the “Menu” button at the lower right corner of the game screen. Next tap on “Shop” and finally on “Classrooms”
- Now that you are in the menu you will see which classrooms are available for purchase. As you level up in the game more will unlock. At first they unlock at the rate of one classroom per level so it takes a while to build them up. Once you hit level 15 more than one will start to unlock for you.
- Once you hit level 13 classrooms will be available for purchase with brownie points so you may want to hold on to them as long as you can while waiting to hit this level.
- You will use coins to build your first few classes. Tap on the first available class and you will be taken back to the school.
- Placing a Classroom – Now you will see that your classroom has been placed in the ideal location. You can use your fingertip to move it to another location if it is available and you must see the room turn green. If it is red you cannot place it there. Tap on the green check mark to lock in the purchase when you have it where you want it.
- Moving a classroom – You can move a classroom after it has been placed by tapping on the menu button then on the “Move” button. It will take you back to the school where you tap on the item you wish to move drag it with your fingertip to its new location then lock it in again.
- Construction – Now you will see a little bear (“Horace”) over the classroom. Tap on him once to give him an apple and he will quickly race around the construction site building the classroom for you.
- Now your classroom is complete and you will need to add a teacher to start using it.
Adding a Teacher to your Classroom/Unlocking Animals
- As soon as construction is completed you will see that you need to add a teacher to the classroom to activate it.
- Tap on the empty teacher silhouette with the “?” on it. This will trigger a menu that shows you that you can either wait the allotted time it is counting down which varies based on animal type, or you can tap on “Start Now” which will cost you one brownie point to skip all of the wait time.
- No matter if you wait or use a brownie point for instant completion your teacher will appear and students will start coming to class.
- Unlocking Animals – Each time a new type of classroom is added this will unlock a new type of animal into your school. You will see that type of animal attending your school once you unlock it. The type of animal you unlock is also the type of animal that is teaching that particular class.
- Tap on any classroom to see what subject is being taught.
Collecting Rent and XP from your Classrooms
- XP or Experience points are represented in the game by blue stars and these are what level you up in the game. Some classrooms kick out one XP at each collection and some higher amounts. At the bottom left of the game screen you will see your XP meter and it fills up as you tap on XP stars. Your current level is located in the star at the far left of the meter.
- When the XP meter completely fills up you have reached the next level which means you have unlocked another classroom, filled up your apple meter to its maximum amount and increased its maximum amount, and have earned a free brownie point and/or bonus coins.
- Collecting Rent – Each classroom has a different amount of time associated with it before it pays out. Some are as little as every thirty seconds and as long as every few days. You can tap on a classroom at any time to see how much time is left before it pays out again. You can also use brownie points for an instant payout if you don’t want to wait the full time and then the countdown starts all over again.
- When it is time for you to collect rent you will see a coin icon over the head of a teacher. Tap on this to collect and coins will instantly add to your bank below. Each class also pays out different amounts so it can take a while to save up a lot of money.
- As you collect you will see a coin and a blue XP star (and every fifth collection an apple) fly out and land somewhere on the screen. Tap on these or wait until they automatically add to the meters at the bottom of the screen.
- You must have one recreation room for every eight classrooms in your school and four are available for you to purchase at this time.
- The first available recreation room is called the “Sunbeam Nap Room” where you students can take a nap and rest up. This room will not pay out like a regular classroom but will pay out a few apples once every twenty four hours.
- The remaining three recreation rooms unlock at levels 15, 27, and 45.
- Hire recreation room worker – After you finish constructing the room you will be prompted to hire a friend to work there by the sign that appears.
- If you have a friend to hire tap on the sign and choose them or invite them. Note – You are only allowed to post two invitations per twenty four hours so make them count.
- If you do not want to hire a friend you can pay one brownie point to skip this and a worker will automatically be added opening up the recreation room. You will now see children inside.
Lost and Found items
- As you are playing you may start to notice random items laying on the floor of your school. These are lost and found items and if you tap on them they will turn into one coin you can add to your grand total.
- These items show up quite frequently and are very cute. When you tap on them you will also see it tells you what the item is.
- Be sure to click on these as it is free income and look especially at the outer perimeter of your building as that is where they usually are but they can be anywhere between classrooms.
Popularity Rating/Asking for Advice
- Part of increasing your popularity as a school and as a principal involves giving the students advice when they ask for it.
- Whenever you notice a pink smiley heart face over the principals office or at the upper left corner of the game screen tap on either one and a question will appear.
- Answer a Question/Give Advice – This question could be an academic question such as how to spell something correctly, or a geography, math, or science question.
- You are given two answers to choose from with each question. Tap on your choice.
- Some of the questions are just requests for you to do things for others like buy the construction bear a new tool. If you agree to this you will usually have to pay out one apple or one brownie point which is shown on the answer button.
- If you answer correctly you will earn a larger number of popularity points. You will earn none if incorrect on academic questions or if you refuse to help out when asked.
- When you do earn popularity points you will briefly be shown a meter under your reward. When this meter fills up you will be notified as in the image above that you have increased your popularity rating. You will also see your instant reward for answering the question. This could be a few coins or XP points, apples or even brownie points.
- Once you become popular enough you will earn great rewards so be sure to keep working towards this goal.
Expanding your School
- It is critical that you are always expanding your school as you are going to need to the room. The larger classroom are the ones you purchase with brownie points and they can take up two or three classroom spaces.
- Tap on “Menu” then on “Shop” and then “Expansions” This will show you the expansion purchase menu.
- You will see outside the perimeter of your school there are arrows with the word “Expand” on them. You can tap directly on these arrows to get to the expansion purchase menu as well.
- Once in the menu it will ask you to tap on a direction you wish to expand your school.
- Your school can be expanded to the East, West, or South.
- Once you make the choice you will also see the cost is listed below the school house image.
- You will have to wait for each expansion to complete.
- Each additional expansion will be more expensive and take longer to complete than the one before it.
- Once finished you will see new classroom spots added to your school.
- Try to always have an expansion underway if you can afford it.
- As you add more classrooms you will notice when you collect rent that special academic icons known as “Challenge Points” or “CP” are thrown out. Be sure to click on these when you see them.
- In the beginning it may take only one of these to qualify your class to go to an academic challenge and over time some classes will have to gather several of these first before they can go.
- Once you have enough challenge points collected you will be asked if you want to attend the competition. If you accept, the game will scan through several other players and then announce to you who you will compete against. There is no charge to participate in a challenge.
- The competitions vary and will include things such as spelling bees, dance competitions, robotics challenges and more.
- Click on “Accept” and wait a few seconds until the challenge completes.
- If you win or lose you will still earn rewards with greater rewards earned for winning.
- You can also post this on your Facebook page and share a bonus with anyone that clicks on the links offered there.
- This is a fast and easy way to increase rewards of XP, coins, and apples so be sure to participate in challenges whenever possible.
- Tap on “Menu” then on “Friends” to access the friend menu.
- You will be taken to this screen which shows your friends school and the number listed is the order in which they were added.
- Adding friends – You are allowed to post on your Facebook profile page asking for friends two times every twenty four hours to be sure to make it count.
- You can also send out individual invitations to your facebook friends by tapping on the button at the lower left corner of the game screen.
- The countdown clock you see is counting down for your daily bonus. You will earn ten coins every twenty four hours for each friend you have when this hits zero.
- Be sure you are logged into Facebook before you go to the friends section.
- There does not appear to be an option to email or SMS invitations at this time. Please be sure to keep checking for updates to this area.
- Visiting Friends – Tap on your friend’s school to visit them. You can supervise one of their classrooms once every 24 hours for reward items.
- Tap on the return button to return to your school.
- Be sure to add as many friends as you can as this means more profits for both of you.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Animal Academy for iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch by IUGO mobile entertainment. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!