Game Introduction – Band Stars
Band Stars is a band simulation game created by Halfbrick and Six Foot Kid, where players choose and manager their band members and pick the songs to get them to superstardom. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Band Stars is a free -to-play game and can be found by clicking the “Play Now” button on the top of this page.
- Once you are done loading up the game, select your band’s name.
- You’re all set to get into the game proper, and it is time for you to pick your band members!
- As you can see, there is quite an eclectic mix of choices here. You will need to select four members for your initial band.
How to Play
- This the main user interface. I’m going to walk you through what everything means on this screen and how it will guide you to play your best.
- Fans: In the top left you see your “fans” and then “bedroom band”. As you record songs and as you record songs that are best matched for the type of members in your band, you will jump up the charts and gain fans. There is a leveling system in the game where as you increase your fan base, you will receive more flattering monikers than bedroom band.
- Coins: You receive coins as you record songs. During the initial release of the song, you’ll get one lump sum of coins, and then royalties on the song periodically. These coins can be used to upgrade and train your band members, purchase better equipment, or purchase items that allow members to rest up (more on that later).
- Inspirado: Inspirado is a currency that allows you, during the recording of a song, to select a specific band member and give them a “solo”—while you won’t see them shred during the song, what you will see is a boost to their output during the recording of the song—meaning a higher chart position for you and more fans and coins to purchase upgrades.
- Energy: If you look above each of the band member’s heads you will see a full green bar. As you record songs or have members free jam on instruments (which earns you Inspirado), their energy will be drained. In your starter band room, you can see a bed in the right side of the screenshot. By picking up the tired character and placing them in bed, they will slowly recharge their energy. The lower the band member’s energy, the worse your song will be.
- Energy Drink: Right next to Inspirado is an energy drink icon, followed by a number. Energy drinks are the “premium currency”, so to speak. At any point, you can select a character and have them consume an energy drink. This fully replenishes their energy and keeps them at the top of their game.
- Quest Pane: In the bottom left you’ll see a finger that points to “record a song”. The finger points to your current quest.
- Store: Clicking the store icon in the bottom right will bring you to the following screen:
- This is the main store hub in the game. Most items in the store simply cost coins (and most of them cost a fair bit of scratch). Here you select your equipment upgrades and purchase items that help your band members recover more quickly.
- Creating a Song: Here is the creating a new song page, which is brought up by selecting the “Create a New Song” prompt in the quest pane. In the beginning, you’ll only have six genre and lyric choices, but as you gain fans and record songs, new genre and lyric options will become available.
- Picking Roles: Each band member will have a role he/she will have to play in the song’s creation. The first role that you will select is who the writer of the song will be. Who the most talented writer will be under the “Lyrics” line (top purple line), which we can see is “Con Kwest” (With a name like that, was there ever any doubt?)
- After you’ve selected your writer, you’ll need a bassist, guitarist, vocalist, and drummer. Creativity (yellow) is tied to vocalist, melody (green) to guitar/bass and rhythm (red) to drumming.
- There is also a post-production role that is handled. Who is best is determined by the highest number on the blue “Polish” line, which again, Con Kwest rules.
- Here is the song creation section of the game. In the bottom left, your quest pane is changed to show you the part of the process the song is at and how good all the different elements of the song are. Note the Inspirado (purple glowing icon) that is on the ground. Hover your mouse over it to collect.
- Pick your song title and be on your way to Superstardom!
- Additional Quests: After you complete your first songs you will receive additional quests aside from simply “creating a song”. As the above screenshot shows, the prizes vary from coins, Inspirado and even energy drinks.
Tips and Tricks:
- Pick an eclectic mix of band members on start up. While it might not necessarily make the most logical sense in having band members with different tastes, having a mix of talent allows you to have skilled members at every aspect of music making, which will put you higher up on the charts.
- Think logically about the genre and what the lyrics should talk about. There is usually some analog, which will give your song a music needed boost. For example, if you do a punk song, don’t do a song about partying (save that for dance music), instead do a song about rebelling.
- Insiprado—use it! Each boost costs 30 inspirado, but it is a huge boost for your song to have at least one solo in it.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Band Stars! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!”