Game Introduction – Jane Austen’s Rogues and Romance
Jane Austen’s Rogues and Romance is a hidden object game from developer 6waves. Players will explore scenes and interact with characters from Jane Austen’s novels, as well as decorate their own regency manor. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- When you begin Jane Austen’s Rogues and Romance you will find yourself inside your manor. From here you will be able to access all areas of the game.
- At the top of the screen you will find your current level and experience, energy balance, reputation, gold guineas, and diamonds. You can access the customization menu from here.
- On the left side of the screen is your list of current quests.
- At the bottom of the screen you can view your friends who are also playing the game. You can also access your inventory, go to the exterior of your manor, and purchase power-ups.
- To access the hidden object scenes you can either click on the “go” button located at the bottom right of the screen, or you can click on the bookcase in your manor.
How to Play
Hidden Object Scenes
- To begin playing Jane Austen’s Rogues and Romance, either click on the bookcase or the “go” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- This will allow you to zoom into the bookcase and select the novel you wish to explore. At first only Pride and Prejudice will be unlocked, but as you progress in the game you will unlock additional novels.
- Click on the novel you wish to explore to open the book. Now you will be able to select the scene you would like to search.
- Selecting a scene will open a new window. Here you will be able to select power-ups (if you have unlocked any), view the leaderboard, see your current mastery level, and read quotes from the novel that you have unlocked.
- Click on the play button to begin searching the scene.
- At the bottom of the screen is the list of items you need to find in the scene.
- You will notice that one item will be listed in green. Finding this item will grant you a bounty bonus. Once you find that item another item will become highlighted in green. Finding these items in succession will create a bounty combo, and increase your points significantly.
- In addition to the bounty bonus, you can also earn a combo bonus by finding items quickly.
- If you find yourself unable to find an item, you can click on the magnifying glass located at the bottom right of the screen. This will show you the location of one item from your list. Once you use a hint, you will need to wait for it to recharge before you can use it again.
- Once you have leveled up several times you will unlock a new hint option, the monocle. You will need to purchase the monocle for 2,000 gold guineas. You can purchase it while in the hidden object scene by clicking on the monocle icon located at the bottom right of the screen. This will open the market.
- The monocle will allow you to search the scene and highlight items on the list. It only lasts for a short while, so be quick.
- Once you have found all the items in the scene, you will be given your score for the level. You score is based on how long it took you to complete the scene, the length of your combos, and how many hints you used.
- You will then receive your final score and rewards for completing the scene. You will also be able to view your current mastery of the level. There are four mastery levels for each scene. Completing a mastery level will unlock new portions of the story.
Decorating Your Manor
- As you complete hidden object scenes and finish quests you will earn gold guineas. In addition to purchasing power-ups in the market, gold guineas can also be used to purchase items for your manor.
- To begin decorating your manor, click on the house icon located at the bottom right of your screen. This will take you to the exterior of your manor.
- Click on the door to enter your manor. This will give you a diorama view of your manor and you can select the room you wish to decorate.
- You can also click on rooms you haven’t unlocked yet and if you have enough manor keys (earned as rewards in HO scenes and leveling up) you can purchase the new room.
- Click on the room you wish to decorate.
- Once you are in the room, click on the “customize manor” button located at the top of your screen. This will open the shop menu at the bottom of your screen.
- In the shop you can purchase furniture, wall fixtures, rugs, fittings (baseboards, paneling, etc.), wall coverings, and flooring.
- Items in the shop are not organized by price, so you will need to search a bit when looking for specific items.
- Once you have selected the item you wish to purchase, place it in your manor. If you wish to cancel the transaction, click the “cancel” button located at the bottom right of the screen.
- If you want to relocate an item once you have placed it in your manor, click on the item you wish to move and you can sell it, move it, or store it in your inventory.
- Once you are finished decorating your manor, click the “exit customization” button at the top of the screen.
Tips and Tricks
- Each hidden object scene costs 10 energy points. Once you have run out of energy you will need to wait for your energy to recharge, or purchase a refill using diamonds.
- Diamonds can be earned by completing quests and leveling up. Diamonds can also be purchased using real currency.
- Energy recharges at a rate of one point every three minutes.
- To earn as many points as possible in a hidden object scene, try to create both a bounty combo and a speed combo chain.
- Sometimes, when searching a scene, you will uncover manor keys. Save up these keys to purchase new rooms to decorate.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Jane Austen’s Rogues and Romance. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!