Game Introduction – Galaxy Life: Pocket Adventures
Galaxy Life: Pocket Adventures is a space simulation game from Digital Chocolate for mobile devices. Using your knowledge and skills, you’ll need to defend your own little piece of the galaxy from the evil starlings out to get you. The elders have a plan to help you take on these nasty intruders, but Gamezebo’s quick start guide will get you going with all of the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you would ever need to get going.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started with Galaxy Life: Pocket Adventures and start playing even faster, just click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page. By doing this, you will be able to download the game directly to your device.
- Once the game has finished installing, you can go ahead and tap on it from your home screen. Just look for the icon labeled “Galaxy Life” and you’re good to go.
- Now that you have started the game, you will be shown a short introduction to the backstory from which Galaxy Life: Pocket Adventures begins off of. You can choose to skip this introduction by tapping anywhere on the screen during it.
- Essentially, you are being invaded by evil Starlings and you require the help of the Elders to find other planets that have valuable items for you to use in defense.
- Firebit will locate the first planet you need to travel to. The evil starlings have already invaded, so your first act will be to take cover from them.
Building Your Army
- A large part of Galaxy Life: Pocket Adventures is taking on enemies in direct combat, so you will need to ready your forces and defense in preparation.
- Let’s open the shop to see what kind of turrets are available for you to use. You can access the shop by tapping on the arrow icon in the lower right corner of the screen, and then tapping on the shopping cart. We’ll get to the other icons in this menu later.
- The cannon blast is a medium range turret that will target ground units and is especially useful against groups. To buy it, you need 1000 coins first. Luckily, the game starts you off with a few thousand, so go ahead and tap on it to buy it right away.
- After purchasing it, you will need to decide exactly where to place it. You will see a silhouette of the turret, one which you can drag around by holding on it until you are completely satisfied with its position. Tap on the checkmark once you are done to place it down permanently.
- Once you’ve placed down the turret, you will need to wait a bit for it to be built. If you don’t want to wait, you can spend Galaxy Chips to finish the process immediately. Be careful though, you can only acquire more Galaxy Chips by purchasing them.
- If you are just starting the game, this is about the time that the enemies will attack for the first time. This means you will likely get a first look at how well your turret can do when taking on enemies.
- Just as you did when placing the cannon blast, you can also place more turrets as well as sniper towers, laser towers, missile launchers and more.
- Army units can also be created by building a training camp, a factory, a starport or a laboratory. Any of these can be used to acquire more units, as well as upgrade them to be more powerful.
Finding New Planets
- Just as it’s important to build up your armies on existing planet is the task of finding new planets to undertake and conquer so you can take on even more enemies.
- Tap on the arrow menu, then on the planet icon to open up the travel screen where you can see which planets you’re allowed to move to. One of the first systems available is Ajor Ba. You can tap on it to to see the list of smaller planets, along with a list of starlings on each of the planets.
- For now, let’s head to Firebit’s planet. When you tap on it, you will be given the option to Spy or Attack Firebit. Push Attack to open up the confirmation screen to see the odds between your units and the enemy. If you’re ready, push Attack.
- Now you will travel to Firebit’s planet where we can start attacking him. The bar at the bottom of the screen shows the units you’re available to use in this attack. Tap on the unit you want to use, then anywhere in the gameplay area to get the unit going.
- If you have multiples of a unit, go ahead and tap repeatedly until you’ve deployed them all. If your units were good enough, they will finish attacking the area until there’s no enemy buildings and units left.
- When you’ve finished, you can go back home with the spoils you collected at the other planet.
Customizing Your Character
- Another fun feature in Galaxy Life: Pocket Adventures is the ability to customize your character that displays to your friends and strangers when you play with them.
- Tap on the profile button shown in the upper left corner, then on the Customize button under your display picture.
- Here, you’ll be able to choose eyes, a mouth, ears, and other accessories for your avatar. When you’re satisfied, go ahead and tap on Apply to finish the customization.
- You can also pick a name for yourself. Keep in mind that other players can see your name, so pick one that is acceptable for public use.
- Quests are also available for you to complete by tapping on starlings that have exclamation marks above their heads. They will then explain what you need to do in order to receive more rewards.
- For example, one of the earlier quests is “Collect Taxes!” In this quest, the objective is to tap on a Compact House to collect coins, and collect coins three times from any source.
- All you need to do to complete this quest is tap to collect coins three times from any source, and make sure one of them is a compact house. Tap on the house, then tap on “collect” to collect coins from a building.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Galaxy Life: Pocket Adventures. For more guides likes this, plus reviews, previews, news and more keep checking back with Gamezebo!