Game Introduction – Puzzle Chasers
Welcome to the quick start guide for Puzzle Chasers, a new puzzle game by Konami. In Puzzle Chasers you will be racing the clock to find the missing pieces for jigsaw puzzles and collecting enough coins to decorate your mansion.
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
- At the top of the screen you will find your current balance of coins, cash, energy, and prestige.
- On the left side of the screen you will find your current goals.
- At the bottom of the screen is your friends bar and shop along with your inbox, inventory, storybook, and access to blitz.
- Coins: Coins are the currency in Puzzle Chasers. Coins are earned by solving puzzles quickly and by completing goals. Coins can be used to purchase items for your mansion and also to purchase power-ups when working on a puzzle.
- Cash: Cash is the premium currency of Puzzle Chasers. Cash is used to purchase premium items, skip steps for completing goals, and unlock special puzzles. Cash can be purchased using real money or Facebook credits.
- Energy: Energy is required to solve a puzzle. Each puzzle costs 10 energy points. You have 40 energy points total. Once you have used up your energy you will need to wait for it to replenish. Energy replenishes at a rate of on point every six minutes. You can visit friends once per day to earn extra energy and you can purchase refills using cash.
- Prestige: Prestige is earned by decorating your mansion. Each item you purchase provides a certain amount of prestige. Many goals require you earn a specific amount of prestige to complete.
- Mansion: Your mansion is your home. As you solve puzzles and earn coins you will be able to purchase more items to decorate it.
- Shop: The shop is where you will be purchasing the items for you mansion. You can purchase decoration items, household items, flooring, museum items, and even hire staff for your home here.
- Goals: Goals will provide you with challenges such as decorating rooms in specific ways, or beating a set score on a puzzle level.
- Storybook: Your storybook is where you can access the puzzles in the game. From here you can visit current or previous chapters and play new puzzles or revisit old puzzles and try and beat your high score.
- Inventory: While solving puzzles you will collect collectible items. These will be stored in your inventory. Collectibles are used to unlock new chapters of the story.
- Blitz: Blitz mode allows you to play a fast paced puzzle where you must find the missing pieces as quickly as possible. You will also be able to attempt to beat your friend’s high scores.
- Puzzles: You will be solving puzzles by finding missing jigsaw pieces to complete pictures. By solving puzzles you will earn collectible items and coins.
- To access your available puzzles click on the storybook icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- This will open the story index.
- You will be able to see all the available chapters here. At the beginning of the game you will only have access to the prologue (Samoa) and Chapter One (New Zealand).
- Click on the chapter you wish to access to open the chapter window.
- Here you will see a list of story puzzles. You will be able to see which ones you have already completed and how many puzzle pieces you scored for each one.
- You can choose to play the next available level or you can choose to replay a previous level.
- Select the level you wish to play to begin.
- Your puzzle will appear. Several pieces will be already filled in while the rest will be empty.
- Click on an empty space and a row of pieces will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- You will need to decide which piece fits in the empty space you selected.
- If the piece you select is correct it will be added to the puzzle. If it is wrong you will need to re-click on the empty space and try again.
- By consecutively placing pieces correctly, you will build up your bonus streak. This will earn you additional points when you’ve completed the puzzle.
- If you place a piece incorrectly your streak will reset.
- On the right side of the puzzle you will see your timer. You need to complete the puzzle before time runs out. If you are running out of time you can always use a power-up.
- At the bottom of your puzzle you will find several power-up options. You can earn these by finding them while solving the puzzle or from completing goals.
- Power-ups will allow you to fill in parts of your puzzle automatically. This can be very helpful when you are trying to beat a high score or you are running out of time.
- When you first begin a puzzle you may notice some of the empty spots flashing gold. If you fill in one of these spots, other spots will be filled as well.
- As you progress in the game the puzzle will begin to get harder. The basics of the game remain but the pieces you need to place in the puzzle will rotate. You will need to mentally rotate them to the correct position before selecting the piece. Once a piece is selected you cannot change your mind.
- Once you’ve completed a puzzle you will get to unlock one treasure chest. Your reward could be anything from a collectible to additional coins. If you have any cash available you can unlock the two additional treasure chests as well.
- After receiving your treasure you will find out how well you did in the level.
- You will find out your score and how many puzzle pieces you earned.
- Puzzle pieces are used to unlock new areas of you mansion.
- Once you’ve completed the level you can choose to continue to the next puzzle or return to your mansion.
- Blitz puzzles are slightly different from regular puzzles.
- To begin a blitz puzzle click on the blitz button located at the bottom right of your screen.
- This will open the blitz window.
- Here you can purchase a power-up item for your blitz game.
- Once you are ready, click the play button to begin the blitz game.
- In a blitz game the pieces you are finding will be chosen for you. You will need to quickly identify which piece is the correct fit to move forward.
- Fill in as much of the puzzle as you can before time runs out.
- Once you’ve either completed the puzzle or run out of time you will be able to view your score and compare it to the scores of your friend’s.
Decorating Your Mansion
- Once you have played through some puzzles and made a bit of coin it will be time to begin furnishing your mansion.
- Most of the goals you receive will involve purchasing items for your mansion. Be sure to read what the goals require because they are very specific.
- Often you will need to purchase items such as two different lamps. Also, many times you will need to place all the items in the same room.
- To purchase an item, click on the house icon on the bottom left of the screen (right above the icon of the smiling person).
- This will replace your friend’s bar with the shop bar.
- Here you can purchase all sorts of items.
- Buying items for your house increases your prestige. You will need to earn enough prestige to unlock future chapters (for example, unlocking chapter 2 require 40,000 prestige).
- Hover over an item to see how much prestige it will give your mansion.
- Select the item you wish to purchase and place it in your mansion to finalize the purchase.
- Now you will need to wait for the item to be delivered.
- Once your item is delivered click on the box to place the item in the room.
- If you want to redecorate you can click on any item in the mansion to move it around.
- You can also hover the mouse over an item and choose to flip it or stow it away.
- As you progress through the game you will need to open up more of the mansions floor plan.
- You will need to earn enough puzzle pieces to be able to purchase new rooms and then you will need enough coins to make the purchase.
Congratulations! You have completed the quick start guide for Puzzle Chasers by Konami. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!