Game Introduction – Ninja Royale
Ninja Royale is a social game for mobile devices. Knowing when to strike is an important skill in becoming a master ninja, and with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of the rest.
Quick Start Guide
- The first step you’ll need to take before playing Ninja Royale is to download it. Click on the “Get It Now” button at the top of this screen to install the game on your device. You can then find it on your device and tap it to begin playing.
- If you do not have a Mobage account (previously known as Plus+), you will be asked to create a new one before starting to play. After creating the account, you will be asked to accept the terms & conditions before being able to play.
- You will now be asked to choose which faction you’d like to join with your ninja. There’s no technical difference between the clans, so just pick the one that represents your style the most.
- An introduction movie should now play, introducing you to the backstory and characters that are involved in the game’s lore.
How to Play
- You will need to know how to play Ninja Royale to be any good at it, so let’s go over exactly what you need to do first.
- The Master Ninja is a character you’ll be introduced to early on, and he’ll also assist you with some of the mechanics you’ll need to learn.
- One of the first things you need to learn is how to navigate the main screen of the game. On this main screen, you can find the challenge inbox, mission screen, battle screen, collections and events. Each of these features is important for you to use as you play.
- First, let’s go complete a mission with our ninja. Tap on the Missions button, then on the first mission to be taken to the main gameplay area.
- Here, you can tap on the “Go” button to send the ninja around the area completing the mission as he goes.
- As this is your first mission, you will also be introduced to your first “Special Mission”, which requires just a bit more effort than just tapping on a small button.
- There are many types of special missions that you’ll encounter as you play Ninja Royale, but this first one is a simple target battle. Target battles only require that you tap on the targets to throw shurikens at them.
- After you complete a special mission, you will be shown a results screen with a final grade score given. You can see how many combos you performed, your takedown grade and more.
- Other special missions will become available as you complete further missions, and each will have their own unique gameplay element to them. You may need to tap on enemies to throw shurikens at them, or swipe along the screen to swing your sword.
- Occasionally while attempting to complete a mission, you will spot a treasure chest in the area. If you happen to see one, tap on it to open it and obtain a collection item. We’ll discuss these in detail later.
- Upon successful completion of a mission, you will be given the opportunity to move on to the next one. Each standard mission is the same, and just has you tapping on the “Go” button to complete each.
- After the completion of a few missions, you will likely come across your first boss battle. Boss battles can be difficult, and revolve around you using the skills you learned in the special missions to take them on.
- A cinematic should play before each battle, introducing you to the boss character. To battle the boss, you will need to slash and tap on the boss as they fly all around the screen. Just wait until the boss is standing still for a few seconds, and use that time to strike.
- Defeating a boss effectively ends that area, so you will be able to move on and complete the next part of the game.
Battling Other Ninjas
- A neat social feature in Ninja Royale is the ability to take on other real players, in which you will be able to show off your skills to the world.
- From the main menu of the game, you can tap on the Battle button to be taken to the screen where you can choose which players to take on.
- On this screen, you can see the username of the players, as well as the levels showing how advanced they are in the game. Your level is shown at the top of the screen, so use that for a comparison between yours and theirs.
- Ideally, you’d only want to pick a competitor that has a level that is the same or less than yours, just to make sure you are on equal ground or an advantage.
- Tapping on the “Battle” button below an opponent will take you to a screen where you can choose to add additional items to your arsenal before battle if you wish.
- Once you have started the battle, you will need to fight your opponent just like you were fighting a boss. They will fly all over the screen, so you will need to have your skills sharpened before taking on a seasoned ninja.
- If you end up struggling in a battle, an occasional event will occur that allows another player to jump in and help you take on the opponent. They will not complete the battle for you, but can get some extra hits in on your behalf. These “helper” events are automatic, so you don’t need to do anything else to activate them.
- After completion of the battle, you will receive XP and coins that you can use to purchase items later on. You’ll also see a screen where you can friend your helper if the battle required that event.
Collections and Gear
- Upon completion of your first battle, you will likely complete your first collection. Completing collections earns you extra gear you can use in battle.
- If you tap on the avatar of your ninja, you will be shown their profile screen where you can add gear, view stats and even change their clan if you wish. Tap on the tools icon at the bottom of the screen to see a list of gear you can add to your ninja.
- An item, such as a compass, will give you more of a chance for completing a battle successfully when equipped.
- Any gear you use in a battle can also be upgraded with items you pick up in missions. The compass, for instance, uses dragon rock to be upgraded. Upgrades can be done by viewing your gear in the profile screen, and then selecting it. Pushing the upgrade button will use the item (such as dragon rock) necessary in order to complete it.
- Upgrading gear means it will boost your character’s statistics, and therefore, chances in battle. If you have the required items, it’s always recommended to upgrade your gear.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Ninja Royale. Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus reviews, previews, news and more!