Game Introduction – Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga is a game developed by King.com that invites you to a wide variety of match-3 challenges. Gamezebo’s Candy Crush Saga strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you manage your match-making in Candy Crush Saga.
Quick Start Guide
? After starting to play, the candy man takes you through a quick tour of the game and asks for your help with some local bandits and troublemakers. This will walk you through a short tutorial on how different actions work in Candy Crush Saga.
The outline of the game
- In Candy Crush Saga, you move across a board to different spaces, each a different match-3 level. Only when you clear a level, can you progress to the next There are three basic types of levels: jelly levels, ingredient levels and timed levels.
- The basis of the game and each of the types of levels is as simple as it gets: move a candy in order to make a row or a column of at least 3 same-colored candies. If you make a line or row of more than 3 candies, you will get a special candy, which will be explained later.
- Aside from the timed levels, you can take as long as you want to think about your next move. The only limit the game gives you, is the amount of moves you use to reach the level’s target.
- When you have either reached the level’s target, or the time limit is over, Candy Crush will happen. Any special candies left on the board will be activated and make extra combinations to improve your score even further.
- In Jelly levels, the goal is to remove all the jellies from the board. A jelly is removed by making a match over the jelly’s square. Almost fully transparent squares need one match to remove the jelly, while only slightly transparent squares need two matches: one match to make it almost fully transparent and one more match to completely remove the jelly.
- There are also stone squares: the squares don’t actually have any candies to use, but they need to be opened up. When a match is made on one of the squares next to the stone square, it will break open and can be used.
- While you’ll spend most of the matches clearing the normal field, there are two things to always watch for: jelly squares at the top of the field, and jelly squares in odd corners of the field. As these are kind of tucked away on the board, you have to make sure that whenever there is a possibility to remove those, you have to take it, because you won’t know when another chance comes up.
- In ingredient levels, the aim is to move ingredients from the top of the board to the bottom, by removing candies from underneath them.
- There is not much of a special strategy to these levels, other than keeping your focus on how to bring down the ingredients, rather than just making matches.
- Timed levels are the most straight-forward of all the types of levels: you need to reach a certain score within the time limit. Make quick decisions, go for combo’s and use as many special candies as possible to rack up that score!
- When a candy appears that has “+5″ written on it, use that candy in a match to get an additional 5 seconds before the timer runs out. Even if you haven’t quite reached the score when the timer runs out, fear not: Candy Crush also appears in timed levels and will give your score an extra boost.
- If you make a match of more than 3 candies, the candies will transform into a special candy, with special powers. There are three primary special candies, but by combining special candies you get even bigger effects.
- By matching 4 candies of the same color in one row or column, a special candy appears that, when activated, clears the entire row or column it is in. When combined with another 4-match special candy, both the row and the column it is in will be cleared.
- By matching candies in a long L-shape or in a T-shape, you get an explosive special candy. When it is matched, it will explode once, fall down, and explode another time, clearing loads of candies off the board.
- If you are able to match 5 candies, you get a really special candy. This can be switched with any other single candy on the board; it doesn’t need to match to activate. When activated, all the same-colored candies as the candy it was switched with, will be removed from the board. If you combine this special candy with a 4-match special candy, all the candies of that color will change into that special candy, and clear out all the rows and columns that color is in.
- Take your time to think of what move to make next. Unless you’re playing a timed level, there’s no time limit.
- Learn to recognize when you can make a special candy. They’re very powerful items that can make the difference between finishing or failing the level.
- Only use the ‘flashing’ suggestion the game gives you if you don’t see any other matches you can make. While the suggestions helps you a little, they are usually not the highest-scoring matches you can make at any point.
- If you are unable to reach the level’s goal, you will lose a life. Your lives will refill up to a maximum of 5. Refilling one life takes 30 minutes.
- As good a player as you are, there is always a random factor that sometimes make it very hard to actually finish a level. Don’t give up! Given enough attempts, you will find that chance to progress.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Candy Crush Saga by King.com. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.