Game Introduction – Baseball Superstars 2012
Baseball Superstars 2012 is a baseball simulation game from GAMEVIL Inc. for mobile devices. Having a great baseball team is just one of many ways to make it to the championship game! With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, we’ll provide you with all the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you’ll need to make sure you have an all-star lineup!
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing Baseball Superstars 2012 you’ll first need to download it by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished downloading, you can find it on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled Baseball Superstars 2012 to start playing.
- On the main title screen, you can select which game mode to play. The first and default selection is for “My Batter”, where you will then have to select a team to play as. Other selections vary slightly, but you will always end up playing the same game of baseball in the end. Detailed below is the My Batter mode, but the same ideals work the same for My Pitcher and My Team.
- Exhibition mode allows you to just play a quick game of baseball if you don’t have much time or will to mess around with player stats, upgrades and other complications.
- You can choose from the Gamevils, Swallows, Dragons, Phoenixes, Dolphins and many more. Once you have made your selection, tap on the team’s logo you wish to go with.
- You will then need to input a name for your Batter. Type in a unique name, then press the Done button to continue playing.
- Now you can select various statistics regarding your batter, from his batting style, line up position, defensive position, skin color and hand orientation. When you’re finished selecting these options, tap on the arrow button in the lower right corner, and then save your changes.
- You’ll then meet your team manager, who will give you some stern advice, and will help you move along in the game.
- On the next screen, you will need to select a few goals to achieve for your first year of play. The goals can be a little daunting to understand, but they mainly boil down to how you wish to play.
- For example, the HIT goal requires that you hit 45% of the balls thrown at you, and the HR goal requires that you hit 6 homeruns during the year.
- Keep in mind, you won’t be able to change these goals once chosen, so make sure you make an informed decision before confirming your choice.
- On the main map screen, you can make your selection about where to move onto next. The library allows you to look at your player’s stats and records, the hospital helps your player recover from any injuries, the yard is where you can train your player to gain better stats, the park is where you can earn money, and the shop is where you can purchase better gear for your player.
- For now, head to the Yard and train your player to be a better batter. Once you’ve arrived at the Yard, tap on the Hit button to practice hitting. Your batter will then receive a bonus based on how well he practiced automatically.
- This is also how you will practice other abilities such as power, defense, running and super batting. Come back here anytime you have the energy and time to spend upgrading your player.
- Now, we should try playing our first real baseball game. Tap on the Stadium to enter the game.
Playing a Game
- Once you’ve chosen to play a game, we should go over how to actually play it.
- For batting, the controls are fairly simple but can be changed to your preference. The active control scheme means that you will need to tilt your device to make the cursor fit right where the ball will be thrown, and then tap on the hit button to hit it.
- The classic control scheme utilizes and on-screen d-pad for control. You will need to push the d-pad left or right buttons to move your player, and then push the hit button when the time is right.
- Both control schemes work, but it’s recommended for you to try out both of them to decide which works best for you.
- When the ball is hit, your player will then move to the next safest base if possible. You cannot manipulate how your players move from base to base automatically.
- To continue with the game, you just need to keep trying to hit as many balls as you can and scoring runs while doing so. If you’re already familiar with the rules of baseball, they all apply here (3 strikes is an out, a home run is an instant score etc.).
- The game will continue until you receive 3 outs, and then it is over. At this point, you will be given several statistics about the game, and your team’s rating will increase or decrease depending on how well you performed during the game.
- If you are playing in Exhibition mode, you will then switch sides and become a pitcher.
- Pitching controls are quite a bit different from the batting controls, so let’s go over how to pitch.
- Just like the batting controls, pitching allows for two different control schemes. The active scheme requires that you draw a line representing what type of pitch you’d like to make.
- Drawing a line to the left will do a curve ball leaning to the left of the hitter, tapping on the window will do a normal fast ball, and doing a circle gesture will do a super ball are a few examples of how you can pitch with the active control mode.
- With the classic mode, you just have to tap where you would like the pitcher to throw the ball, then on the type of pitch you want to throw. Throwing the pitch just requires that you tap on the red part of the pitching circle as it comes around.
- Just as with batting, you should choose the control scheme that is most comfortable for you after trying both.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Baseball Superstars 2012 on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Using the tips above, you’ll have an all-star team ready for the big leagues in no time. For more guides like this plus reviews, previews, news and more keep checking back with Gamezebo.